Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 281 to 300 of 4,371

shingi_70

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Also, something as good as X not attracting JRPGs to the Wii U would make me sad.

X could also scare away JRPGs because the developers know they'll never be able to top it.

Developers don't think like that when it comes to release platforms, only release dates.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Also, something as good as X not attracting JRPGs to the Wii U would make me sad.

X could also scare away JRPGs because the developers know they'll never be able to top it.

Developers don't think like that when it comes to release platforms, only release dates.

people tend to not top Valve at FPS but that hasn't stopped that genre

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheLilK98

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

people tend to not top Valve at FPS but that hasn't stopped that genre

Probably because they know dudebros will buy it anyway

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Blast

Let's not forget this game exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol so what do you guys expect from this game in terms of customization????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Its going to be a more online focused game i'm guessing with the first trailer and Monolith hiring for Online tech guys.

Guessing this is going to a Xenoblade/Monster Hunter/Dragon's Dogma mash up. There will be co-op play but like any online game you can play it offline if you want to.

RPG's are coming back strong next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

@shingi_70 What do you think the story will be??????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TheLilK98

No one's forgotten about it. Nintendo just hasn't said ANYTHING about it in over half a year, so there's not much to talk about. I sincerely hope They say something about it in the January Direct.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Rezalack

shingi_70 wrote:

Its going to be a more online focused game i'm guessing with the first trailer and Monolith hiring for Online tech guys.

Guessing this is going to a Xenoblade/Monster Hunter/Dragon's Dogma mash up. There will be co-op play but like any online game you can play it offline if you want to.

RPG's are coming back strong next year.

I really hope you're right about this. It did kind of feel that way when we saw a group of the Mechs sitting around in the trailer. I'm excited for this game as it is, but if they announce it to have online components then I'll be properly hyped.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

kkslider5552000

Blastoise-san wrote:

A guy and his friends will live in a nice place but a bad thing will happen and you will be sad until you try to do something about it. Then you'll get absorbed into the entire world of the game for 20-40 hours until it reaches a climactic point that is actually just end of the first half of the game in which the game starts explaining and revealing everything while things get bigger and more ridiculous as the plot goes on until you have to screw destiny and save the world with the power of friendship.

I know, a very specific and unusual idea for a JRPG story, but it might work!

TheLilK98

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

A guy and his friends will live in a nice place but a bad thing will happen and you will be sad until you try to do something about it. Then you'll get absorbed into the entire world of the game for 20-40 hours until it reaches a climactic point that is actually just end of the first half of the game in which the game starts explaining and revealing everything while things get bigger and more ridiculous as the plot goes on until you have to screw destiny and save the world with the power of friendship.

Not a fan of Kingdom Hearts, but that plot sure sounds like it.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

kkslider5552000

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Kingdom Hearts from my understanding is just the most shameless about it. And confusing. But that's mostly just what I've heard.

TheLilK98

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Kingdom Hearts from my understanding is just the most shameless about it. And confusing. But that's mostly just what I've heard.

Not sure. Never actually finished a KH game. I'm just going off of what my friend told me.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

SCRAPPER392

Are Xenogears, Xenosage, and Xenoblade related?

I was bored and looked up those PS games. There was a mech in Xenosaga that looks like the ones in X. Then Shulk is probably the character at the end of the first trailer, so are we getting some sort of mixed game of the Xeno series as a whole?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MAN1AC

@SCAR392
The entire Xeno series is directed by the same guy, so technically they are. But I've played all his games except the spin-offs and the only ones that are related are the Xenosaga games.

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

kkslider5552000

SCAR392 wrote:

I honestly haven't looked up enough on that or the previous games in general but from my understanding, there's definitely been at least small hints towards that. Either that or just subtle references/ideas that have been reused. Obviously that probably won't be confirmed if that is what is going on because Xenogears is SE and Xenosaga is Namco, and I can't see Nintendo, SE and Namco working together just to confirm the canon of a mid level popular RPG series. I could bring examples to counter the idea that it won't happen but I kinda doubt even the developers care THAT much about that anyway.

SCRAPPER392

Oh ok. There was just alot of similar things, o I was wondering if they were connected by story in any way.

Nintendo probably told them to look at their past Xeno games and target the best things from them, so they inherently look similar. I just hope this game does well.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DELETE_ACCOUNT

I really hope it has the option to play with the Japanese Audio track and English subs.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

TheLilK98

SCAR392 wrote:

I was bored and looked up those PS games. There was a mech in Xenosaga that looks like the ones in X. Then Shulk is probably the character at the end of the first trailer, so are we getting some sort of mixed game of the Xeno series as a whole?

You would think that, exept there's one little thing: Shulk has blue eyes. The character in the trailer has green eyes. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's just a change in design.

Edited on by TheLilK98

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic