Wii U Forum

Topic: X (aka Monolith Soft now owns your soul, DEAL WITH IT)

Showing 281 to 300 of 519

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

281. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

ps4
DriveClub
Infamous: Second Son
MLB 14: The Show
The Order: 1886
Helldivers
Shadow of The Beast
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Rime
Deep Down
Lily Bergamo

xbox one
Below
D4
Fable Legends
Halo 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Project Spark
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive

We should have new first party PS4 games annouced tommrowo and the rumors of whats cooking at WWS are nice looking.

Wasn't Resogun first party, too? And Knack? Or is that just the Post-Launch list? I wasn't following too closely.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

282. Posted:

Just games announced for 2014.

The guy over the tales series Hidro Baba pretty much confirmed that the series is going to PS4 and all the other mid to niche JRPGs will follow They already have Dev kits and we will probably be the next takes game be cross gen.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

283. Posted:

Ugh. Why did this thread turn into yet ANOTHER console war debate? We've got enough of those as is. :p

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

284. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

all the other mid to niche JRPGs will follow

I kinda hope not, Nintendo's the only one of the big three actively promoting these types of games in any way nowadays it seems (Sony's too busy promoting...anything else basically :p). And also I can't say it being good for much of those companies to go on the biggest, most powerful console in the long run (though Wii U isn't exactly ideal for them compared to 3DS or arguably even Vita, to be fair). I mean, if they do that's cool, but I don't see Sony doing that when they're so busy with indie promotion and the like. Would prefer the genre to matter and Nintendo is desperate enough to do just that. :p Also, something as good as X not attracting JRPGs to the Wii U would make me sad. :(

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

285. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Also, something as good as X not attracting JRPGs to the Wii U would make me sad. :(

X could also scare away JRPGs because the developers know they'll never be able to top it.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

286. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Also, something as good as X not attracting JRPGs to the Wii U would make me sad. :(

X could also scare away JRPGs because the developers know they'll never be able to top it.

Developers don't think like that when it comes to release platforms, only release dates.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

287. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Developers don't think like that when it comes to release platforms, only release dates.

people tend to not top Valve at FPS but that hasn't stopped that genre :p

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

288. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

people tend to not top Valve at FPS but that hasn't stopped that genre :p

Probably because they know dudebros will buy it anyway

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Blast

289. Posted:

Let's not forget this game exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Lol so what do you guys expect from this game in terms of customization????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

290. Posted:

Its going to be a more online focused game i'm guessing with the first trailer and Monolith hiring for Online tech guys.

Guessing this is going to a Xenoblade/Monster Hunter/Dragon's Dogma mash up. There will be co-op play but like any online game you can play it offline if you want to.

RPG's are coming back strong next year.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Blast

291. Posted:

@shingi_70 What do you think the story will be??????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

292. Posted:

No one's forgotten about it. Nintendo just hasn't said ANYTHING about it in over half a year, so there's not much to talk about. I sincerely hope They say something about it in the January Direct.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

293. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Its going to be a more online focused game i'm guessing with the first trailer and Monolith hiring for Online tech guys.

Guessing this is going to a Xenoblade/Monster Hunter/Dragon's Dogma mash up. There will be co-op play but like any online game you can play it offline if you want to.

RPG's are coming back strong next year.

I really hope you're right about this. It did kind of feel that way when we saw a group of the Mechs sitting around in the trailer. I'm excited for this game as it is, but if they announce it to have online components then I'll be properly hyped.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

294. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

A guy and his friends will live in a nice place but a bad thing will happen and you will be sad until you try to do something about it. Then you'll get absorbed into the entire world of the game for 20-40 hours until it reaches a climactic point that is actually just end of the first half of the game in which the game starts explaining and revealing everything while things get bigger and more ridiculous as the plot goes on until you have to screw destiny and save the world with the power of friendship.

I know, a very specific and unusual idea for a JRPG story, but it might work!

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

295. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

A guy and his friends will live in a nice place but a bad thing will happen and you will be sad until you try to do something about it. Then you'll get absorbed into the entire world of the game for 20-40 hours until it reaches a climactic point that is actually just end of the first half of the game in which the game starts explaining and revealing everything while things get bigger and more ridiculous as the plot goes on until you have to screw destiny and save the world with the power of friendship.

Not a fan of Kingdom Hearts, but that plot sure sounds like it.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

296. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Kingdom Hearts from my understanding is just the most shameless about it. And confusing. But that's mostly just what I've heard.

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

297. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Kingdom Hearts from my understanding is just the most shameless about it. And confusing. But that's mostly just what I've heard.

Not sure. Never actually finished a KH game. I'm just going off of what my friend told me.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

298. Posted:

Are Xenogears, Xenosage, and Xenoblade related?

I was bored and looked up those PS games. There was a mech in Xenosaga that looks like the ones in X. Then Shulk is probably the character at the end of the first trailer, so are we getting some sort of mixed game of the Xeno series as a whole?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

299. Posted:

@SCAR392
The entire Xeno series is directed by the same guy, so technically they are. But I've played all his games except the spin-offs and the only ones that are related are the Xenosaga games.

Edited on by MAN1AC

I wish there was a way to know you are in the good ole days before you actually leave them.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

300. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Are Xenogears, Xenosage, and Xenoblade related?

I honestly haven't looked up enough on that or the previous games in general but from my understanding, there's definitely been at least small hints towards that. Either that or just subtle references/ideas that have been reused. Obviously that probably won't be confirmed if that is what is going on because Xenogears is SE and Xenosaga is Namco, and I can't see Nintendo, SE and Namco working together just to confirm the canon of a mid level popular RPG series. I could bring examples to counter the idea that it won't happen but I kinda doubt even the developers care THAT much about that anyway.