Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 4,371

DELETE_ACCOUNT

...or Shulk Sr. You know how they like prequels these days. =)

DELETE_ACCOUNT

SCRAPPER392

Samurairu wrote:

Could be Shulk Jr.

I was thinking this. From the looks of things, technology advanced quite a bit from Xenoblade. It's possible it's not Shulk, but why they would randomly show a blonde haired child that resembles him wouldn't really make sense unless it had something to do with Shulk.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CaviarMeths

Considering that like 80% of JRPG protagonists are blondes, it's probably not too noteworthy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

@kkslider5552000 Hmmm... I hope that's the story. I wonder what the towns will be like and just how far this game goes in depth. I really wanna see a story cutscene!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

I remember when I said that the "X" looked like the Xenogear "X"...but so does the Xenoblade "X". My hunch could've been way off in retrospect...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DirkaDirka

TheLilK98 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Are Xenogears, Xenosage, and Xenoblade related?

I was bored and looked up those PS games. There was a mech in Xenosaga that looks like the ones in X. Then Shulk is probably the character at the end of the first trailer, so are we getting some sort of mixed game of the Xeno series as a whole?

You would think that, exept there's one little thing: Shulk has blue eyes. The character in the trailer has green eyes. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's just a change in design.

As someone who has played Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade Chronicles, a lot of you seem a bit misinformed. First, Shulk actually has brown eyes in Xenoblade, so the character at the end of the first trailer is NOT Shulk. Also, the mechs are called "Dolls" in X (you can tell since in the corner of both trailers, you see "Doll fuel") which are reminiscent of Gears from Xenogears and A.G.W.S from Xenosaga.

DirkaDirka

Nintendo Network ID: DirkaDirka

TheLilK98

DirkaDirka wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Are Xenogears, Xenosage, and Xenoblade related?

I was bored and looked up those PS games. There was a mech in Xenosaga that looks like the ones in X. Then Shulk is probably the character at the end of the first trailer, so are we getting some sort of mixed game of the Xeno series as a whole?

You would think that, exept there's one little thing: Shulk has blue eyes. The character in the trailer has green eyes. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's just a change in design.

As someone who has played Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade Chronicles, a lot of you seem a bit misinformed. First, Shulk actually has brown eyes in Xenoblade, so the character at the end of the first trailer is NOT Shulk. Also, the mechs are called "Dolls" in X (you can tell since in the corner of both trailers, you see "Doll fuel") which are reminiscent of Gears from Xenogears and A.G.W.S from Xenosaga.

Are you sure on his eye color? It's always seemed blue to me, and everywhere I go they say blue.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Untitled
^close up of this official art.
Untitled
And finally, the shot from the trailer.
Untitled

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

TheLilK98

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Untitled
^close up of this official art.
Untitled
And finally, the shot from the trailer.
Untitled

Thanks, his eyes are definitely blue. and The guy in the trailer's are obviously green. It can't possibly be him, but the whole son/grandson thing is still likely, judging by how far the technology has progressed. Now excuse me while I watch the trailers several times again >.>

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Blast

Why the heck is Nintendo taking so long with talking about this amazing game? ALL of us already know that this game is gonna be mindblowing. It might not appeal to everybody but its definitely gonna be a gold gem for Wii U.

Master of the Hype Train

TheLilK98

Blast wrote:

Why the heck is Nintendo taking so long with talking about this amazing game? ALL of us already know that this game is gonna be mindblowing. It might not appeal to everybody but its definitely gonna be a gold gem for Wii U.

Nintendo sucks at advertising. They very rarely give anything that wouldn't be suitable for the average ten year old much attention aside from Zelda.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Happy_Mask

I find it odd that we're even discussing the similar eye colors, are we really out of stuff between the trailers?

Blast

TheLilK98 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Nintendo sucks at advertising. They very rarely give anything that wouldn't be suitable for the average ten year old much attention aside from Zelda.

@TheLik98 You may have a point. I hate saying the word "hardcore" but I honestly think X and Bayonetta 2 will end up being very "hardcore" games that SHOULD grab the "hardcore" gamers from Sony and Microsoft who claims the Wii U isn't "hardcore". I really hate saying that word but even I know the term works for various situations. I think X has a chance to gain alotta sales for Wii U in Japan and actually give the Wii U even more worth then it currently has.

X will end up being so mindblowing and awesome. Nintendo better stop clowning around and talk about this game!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Happy_Mask

@Blast I don't know why everyone is so reluctant to put words like Hardcore and Casual into use. Is your 90 year old grandma going to be playing X? Or is she going to be positively enthralled that she can do the mashed potato in Just Dance?

And the RPG audience is generally filled with multiplat people, so the majority would likely already be aware of X's existence.

kkslider5552000

Wonder_Mask wrote:

I don't know why everyone is so reluctant to put words like Hardcore and Casual into use

Stupid people on the internet have so frequently mis-used the term to the point that they no longer mean anything.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

@Wonder_Mask @TheLik98 @kkslider555200 All I know is that certain games like Bayonetta 2, X, Super Smash Bros. U, Mario Kart 8, and others should have these amazing commercials on tv before their release date comes. Don't show kids playing the games but show a older crowd of young adults and high schoolers. Nintendo can actually make the Wii U appear as the console with kid friendly games BUT also has a naughty and mature side. Man... I wish I had control over Wii U commercials.

@kkslider555200 That's exactly what I meant about the two terms "hardcore" and "casual". Lol

Edited on by Blast

Master of the Hype Train

SCRAPPER392

I don't think the lack of commercials is the issue. Everyone that knew about these games either has a Wii U, wants one, or went Xbox/PS. The crowd that these games appeal to have already chosen which system they want.

I'd rather have X, Smash, Kart, Bayonetta, Mario, Zelda, etc. potential games. Others would rather have CoD, Battlefield, Killzone, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising, etc. The OS and controllers have alot to do with this choice, too.

My point is that the audience for this game already knows what they would rather have, so commercials won't do much until the people who know the most about said products start to have a hard time keeping up. The only games they can advertise right now, are NSMB.U(part of the bundle, so check), Super Mario 3D World(check), maybe Game and Wario(not sure if there's a commercial), Sonic, and Mario and Sonic. They can't advertise stuff that's not out, really.

Even long time fans don't have patience for Nintendo, so what makes you think someone that doesn't jeep up with video games as much as we do, will?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Blast

@SCAR392 I think the Wii U has become a "companion" console. Its best to own the Wii U AND another console to be fully satisfied. HOWEVER... I do feel sad for those who just get a PS4 or just get a Xbox One and not a Wii U because they are missing out on some really great games. The same is vice versa. A Wii U owner should own a Xbox One or a PS4 or a PC so they can play games that simply won't come to Wii U.
The next Nintendo console prolly won't be a "companion" console. Its gonna stand on its own feet with strength from the second it launches. I think Nintendo has learned its lesson from the Wii U.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Wii U's best option right now, if I had to guess, would be to be a Japanese and PC gamer friendly console that serves as a niche to a good amount of people (the largest "niche" being the hardcore of hardcore Nintendo fans of course, quotation marks there very intentionally) and for other hardcore gamers to pick it up as a secondary system, as I have my doubts on getting a PS4 AND an Xbox One as a good idea for basically anyone.

and yeah, kinda like how no one listens to just one genre of music anymore, no hardcore gamer worth anything sticks with one brand's type of gaming system.

Please keep in mind that you really don't want to turn this thread into one of those type of threads.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic