Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 4,371

shingi_70

Hopefully the Japanese Market doesn't squander this gen. With the advent of PSN/XBL/eShop as well as the easy to get games onto each of the systems and stuff like the firends feature of each console this is the time to make a play on both the Larger and smaller scale. I can name at least six JRPG esque games that will probably be launching next year on the 8th gen consoles. (Insert link to the RPG thread here). It's weird Square would do Chaos RIngs on the ios/Android but wouldn't put in the money for a new IP for PSN/eshop/XBL.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

cookiex

TheLilK98 wrote:

I was hoping for at least a MENTION of X in the direct. But, no. Just more 3D World -_-

It's still pretty far off...

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

TheLilK98

cookiex wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I was hoping for at least a MENTION of X in the direct. But, no. Just more 3D World -_-

Mid 2014 conservatively speaking. Not too far away. They've released about two and a half minutes of footage since the reveal. No one even knows what the game is about. They need to start building awareness ASAP.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

shingi_70

TheLilK98 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Mid 2014 conservatively speaking. Not too far away. They've released about two and a half minutes of footage since the reveal. No one even knows what the game is about. They need to start building awareness ASAP.

Well it was a 3DS direct and where assuming its 2014. If any game was going to be shown it would be moniliths 3DS project.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

TheLilK98

Sony_70 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Well it was a 3DS direct and where assuming its 2014. If any game was going to be shown it would be moniliths 3DS project.

Then why bother putting in a Wii U segment at all, since all they showed was 3D World which they've already advertised the crap out of. and 2014 isn't far off by any stretch. It was a good direct overall don't get me wrong, but they really need to show us a direct focusing on Wii U and it's upcoming software if they expect a sales boost anytime soon.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

shingi_70

Mostly due to the fact that Mario comes out next week and despite everyone who watches a direct being the people to get it day one, they pimp the games for dudes coming late. Expect to see the Wii U get its own direct next month or January like the one that focused on Wii U and showed X. Them showing X this time depends on what they plan to show.

But I do agree that Nintendo needs to show something in the face of the PS4 and Xbox One.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Rezalack

Nintendo is probably holding off on their Wii U Directs right because of all the Xbox/Ps4 fuss. They probably know that it's the center of attention for most gamers and even for younger gamers, because they see that hype as well and they tend to imitate. I think that if Nintendo does it right and has the right games come next holiday season, they could outsell the PS4 and Xbox when it comes to systems. They might be holding off for that reason. I honestly can't think of one "next-gen" game that even piques my interest for the ps4 or xbox aside from Deep Down, and that looks pretty mediocre in comparison to a game like Dark Souls. Wii U on the other hand has my interest for almost all their upcoming games.. once this xbox/ps4 stuff cools down, I think people will start getting mad about those two systems and their lack of games, meanwhile Nintendo will pick up the pace and release some hard hitting titles, like X. I'd like to believe that's their strategy.

I think we'll get a Wii U Direct sometime next month or January just like this year. I hope so anyway. I hope they show some more of X, too. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles but I'm very tempted to pick it up. Come black friday it'll be on sale at Gamestop for $39.99 used, as well as Metroid Prime.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Blast

Spuratis wrote:

Nintendo is probably holding off on their Wii U Directs right because of all the Xbox/Ps4 fuss. They probably know that it's the center of attention for most gamers and even for younger gamers, because they see that hype as well and they tend to imitate. I think that if Nintendo does it right and has the right games come next holiday season, they could outsell the PS4 and Xbox when it comes to systems. They might be holding off for that reason. I honestly can't think of one "next-gen" game that even piques my interest for the ps4 or xbox aside from Deep Down, and that looks pretty mediocre in comparison to a game like Dark Souls. Wii U on the other hand has my interest for almost all their upcoming games.. once this xbox/ps4 stuff cools down, I think people will start getting mad about those two systems and their lack of games, meanwhile Nintendo will pick up the pace and release some hard hitting titles, like X. I'd like to believe that's their strategy.

I think we'll get a Wii U Direct sometime next month or January just like this year. I hope so anyway. I hope they show some more of X, too. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles but I'm very tempted to pick it up. Come black friday it'll be on sale at Gamestop for $39.99 used, as well as Metroid Prime.

Agreed. Monolith's X is my most anticipated next gen game so far. Kingdom Hearts 3 comes second then Witcher 3 then Bayonetta 2 then Final Fantasy XV.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

I don't lack of games will be a problem for the two next gen systems. They have more games confrimed on a first party and overall level for next year than the Wii U. I think nintendo is banking on the casuel crowd to pick it up this season, an than punching next year with titles like edge.

WAT!

Rezalack

Sony_70 wrote:

I don't lack of games will be a problem for the two next gen systems. They have more games confrimed on a first party and overall level for next year than the Wii U. I think nintendo is banking on the casuel crowd to pick it up this season, an than punching next year with titles like edge.

Is there a defined list of confirmed first party games for Xone and PS4? I'm just curious. I really don't pay attention to either of them, I just watch whatever trailer I see pop up from something like E3, etc. I'm just going by past experience with consoles on how they promise a lot at and before launch and almost always fail to deliver. They have to do this to build hype and make people want the systems. I don't care what Sony or Xbox do, I just want Wii U to excel and make their own way and I'm HOPING by this time next year they'll have a firm foothold. Wii U had a lot of titles announced and look what happened there. They got delayed. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this happened with Xone/Ps4, either they delay or they release too early and get bad ratings for an incomplete game.

Anyways, I agree, Nintendo is banking on casual crowd this season but that doesn't mean they'll break bank if that doesn't happen. They can still punch next year regardless.

Rezalack

shingi_70

ps4
DriveClub
Infamous: Second Son
MLB 14: The Show
The Order: 1886
Helldivers
Shadow of The Beast
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Rime
Deep Down
Lily Bergamo

xbox one
Below
D4
Fable Legends
Halo 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Project Spark
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive

We should have new first party PS4 games annouced tommrowo and the rumors of whats cooking at WWS are nice looking.

WAT!

Blast

@Sony_70 Tons of games coming to Xbox One/PS4 won't mean a dang thing if some of them suck or not even worth buying. I'm optimistic for them but I'm also being realistic. Some of these next gen games will surely flop. Its inevitable. Not all of them will succeed or make tons of cash.

I guess you also forgot what Nintendo has planned for 2014, huh? Bayonetta 2 is a perfect example of a "game with an edge" and its a game that really sparking jealously among the Microsoft and Sony crowd. Just click on any Bayonetta 2 trailer on Youtube and you'll see this: "BAYONETTA 2 ON WII U?! NOOOO!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!"... even though Sony and Microsoft refused to even help Platinum Games make Bayonetta 2. Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2. THEY ARE WILLING TO MAKE "MATURE" GAMES.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

triforcepower73

Trainer_DJ wrote:

I really this game being at least as good as Xenoblade is extremely important. Xenoblade was one of the masterpieces of last gen, but I feel it sort of didn't get enough attention from people cause it came on the Wii when the Wii was that "kiddie system." I know it is A LOT to ask for and it's basically like saying hit lighting twice, but the Wii U is a new console and if this game is as good or dare I say better than Xenoblade I feel Monolith Soft will get the recognition it deserves. Not to mention much needed good press for the Wii U. I almost feel bad putting these people to such high expfrectations knowing if this was somebody else or a different situation I wouldn't. It will probably like this if TWEWY2 ever comes out. sigh

From Tetsuya Takashi, the executive director of Xenoblade Chronicles and X, himself: "[I'm] grateful for the game's positive reputation, [but I and my team] didn't set out to make Xenoblade Chronicles into the company's magnum opus. It was made to be an experiment. ...in terms of my own personal goal--my vision of an ideal game--I'd honestly have to say that it's(Xenoblade) barely 5% of the way there." Imagine if he achieved 6% of his personal goal with X... It'd be 20% better than Xenoblade Chronicles! Trust me, X is going to be better than Xenoblade. Monolith Soft still has a TON of fuel left, because they've barely just started. I just can't wait to see what 100% of his personal goal would be like......

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

shingi_70

Blastoise-san wrote:

@Sony_70 Tons of games coming to Xbox One/PS4 won't mean a dang thing if some of them suck or not even worth buying. I'm optimistic for them but I'm also being realistic. Some of these next gen games will surely flop. Its inevitable. Not all of them will succeed or make tons of cash.

ALl the games I said are for the most part made by known quantities for good games. (Rime and shadows of the beast are by newish developers), Even Knack is like Japan Studios C team to be honest. Plus we can't judge every game on the same scale. Gone Home is one of my favorite titles this year and many people would say it sucks as a game.

I guess you also forgot what Nintendo has planned for 2014, huh? Bayonetta 2 is a perfect example of a "game with an edge" and its a game that really sparking jealously among the Microsoft and Sony crowd. Just click on any Bayonetta 2 trailer on Youtube and you'll see this: "BAYONETTA 2 ON WII U?! NOOOO!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!"... even though Sony and Microsoft refused to even help Platinum Games make Bayonetta 2. Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2. THEY ARE WILLING TO MAKE "MATURE" GAMES.

The same could easily be said about Nintendo games as well. Its a bit unfair to say oh yeah well those games might sucks and not put the same toward Nintendo.

Oh I know what they have planned but Bayonetta 2 is going to Bomba hard and this is coming from someone who owns every game by the Plantuim since they were Clover. Its going to be an amazing game but i'm still on a wait and see, but that's because i'm skeptical of the game without Kamiya at the helm. (for the record I feel the same way about Dark Souls II without Hidetaka Miyazaki).

I just want to see more info on monoliths 3DS game.
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Rezalack

@Sony_70 Thanks for the list, I'll check them out. I just don't follow them that's why I asked. Deep Down looked cool and Project Spark looked interesting as well, but it seems like a lot of the games that Sony and Xbox pump out are mindless button mashing QTE games or FPS with hardly any depth, but somehow manage to HOOK you and keep you playing, like Halo or COD. I probably sound like a douche but oh well, I guess some Nintendo games are pretty mindless in that aspect as well.. They also have a lot of car games that don't interest me at all, but apparently a lot of people love them and those are system sellers. Thing is, if games came out like that on the Wii U, they still wouldn't sell systems.. I have friends that just won't buy Nintendo because they haven't been Nintendo people since N64 and I doubt anything would ever sway them towards a Wii U. I'll try and convince them once SSB rolls around. I haven't bought a playstation console since ps1 and I haven't bought a xbox since years ago when I got a red X. I just borrow those from friends when I really have to play a game like Dark Souls or Mass Effect.. I'm feeling pressure to buy PS3 now that it's cheap though. There are a lot of games I want that aren't coming to Wii U, South Park: Stick of Truth, Dark Souls 2 to name a few.

As far as Bayonetta 2 goes It sucks that Kamiya isn't directing it, but I have hope that the new guy will do it justice. Also, I hate to agree with the fact that it could possibly bomb, but it doesn't feel like a system seller at all. It'll probably be one of those games where people just complain about not getting it on their system and won't bother to even get the Wii U for it. I really hope it gets great ratings and forces some of those people I mentioned and big fans of the original to go out and buy a Wii U. Platinum makes amazing games but sometimes I don't think they get the credit they deserve, IE: Wonderful 101. It's a shame.

I didn't even know Monolithsoft was working on a 3DS game.. that concept art looks amazing, I'm loving that first picture.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Rezalack

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

ps4
DriveClub
Infamous: Second Son
MLB 14: The Show
The Order: 1886
Helldivers
Shadow of The Beast
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Rime
Deep Down
Lily Bergamo

xbox one
Below
D4
Fable Legends
Halo 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Project Spark
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive

We should have new first party PS4 games annouced tommrowo and the rumors of whats cooking at WWS are nice looking.

Wasn't Resogun first party, too? And Knack? Or is that just the Post-Launch list? I wasn't following too closely.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Just games announced for 2014.

The guy over the tales series Hidro Baba pretty much confirmed that the series is going to PS4 and all the other mid to niche JRPGs will follow They already have Dev kits and we will probably be the next takes game be cross gen.

WAT!

Snagrio

Ugh. Why did this thread turn into yet ANOTHER console war debate? We've got enough of those as is.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

all the other mid to niche JRPGs will follow

I kinda hope not, Nintendo's the only one of the big three actively promoting these types of games in any way nowadays it seems (Sony's too busy promoting...anything else basically ). And also I can't say it being good for much of those companies to go on the biggest, most powerful console in the long run (though Wii U isn't exactly ideal for them compared to 3DS or arguably even Vita, to be fair). I mean, if they do that's cool, but I don't see Sony doing that when they're so busy with indie promotion and the like. Would prefer the genre to matter and Nintendo is desperate enough to do just that. Also, something as good as X not attracting JRPGs to the Wii U would make me sad.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic