Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 4,371

Joeynator3000

...I highly doubt the PS4 can download that quickly...it'll still take a while to download 10GB regardless.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Blast

Megumi wrote:

...I highly doubt the PS4 can download that quickly...it'll still take a while to download 10GB regardless.

Depends on Internet speed. Sometimes my PS4 download stuff in a blur.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

10GB updates are a deal breaker with my internet. No matter what they're for. I'll just live with the load times.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

erv

@Dezzy: I thought they were required to run the game in the first place? Anyway, optical drives can't run at the speed at which we need them to load stuff.

In other news, my hype level has been consistently high for this game ever since they showed the neck testicle creatures. Those are worth a purchase alone.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Harmonia

Dezzy wrote:

10GB updates are a deal breaker with my internet. No matter what they're for. I'll just live with the load times.

Well, the downloads come in packs of smaller sizes:
Basic Data Pack (2GB) - apparently has the biggest influence on load times
Enemy Data Pack (2.7GB)
Doll Data Pack (1.7 GB)
Player Data Pack (3.6 GB)

If someone isn't able to download everything they can still chose some of the packs.

Tsurii wrote:

I bet you'll be able to download them in advance, if/when we get to pre-load the game. Or you could just download one pack at a time during the night or something.

I hope so. Japan was able to pre-load the game nearly 3 months in advance, we don't even have a month of waiting left.

Harmonia

WiiWareWave

I should be allowed to show the box art when I get the game in the next few days! Also @Antdickens feel free to use my image in an article on this site I don't mind at all!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Dezzy

erv wrote:

@Dezzy: I thought they were required to run the game in the first place? Anyway, optical drives can't run at the speed at which we need them to load stuff.

Nope, not required. They're still more or less sticking with the principle that retail releases should work as soon as you stick them into your machine.
Don't know about the optical drive stuff. What's the difference in speed between that and a hard drive anyway? Bear in mind that the need to load things fast is also counterbalanced by the amount of RAM. I have no idea how much of the Xenoblade X world can be loaded in 2GB. I'm guessing it's a fairly large radius around the player though (when you consider how each of those massive areas in Chronicles fit into the Wiis tiny memory)
So they generally have quite a while to load stuff. Especially when your character's on foot.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

WiiWareWave

It doesn't look like the DLC packs are available for NA reviewers so it looks like that'll be released closer to launch or at launch.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

...They're not available for reviewers? Well, that might be a mistake.

OmegaMetroid93

smashbrolink

@OmegaMetroid93:
Well, considering much of the DLC content will have more effect in the long run than in the short, which is really all that a review can cover in a little under a month's time, I don't think it'll make much of a difference.

smashbrolink

OmegaMetroid93

@smashbrolink: Well, having to deal with long load times and a lot of pop-up isn't exactly going to make the game any favours in the eyes of a reviewer, that's what I mean.

OmegaMetroid93

VelvetElvis

Neko_Ichigofan wrote:

It doesn't look like the DLC packs are available for NA reviewers so it looks like that'll be released closer to launch or at launch.

Do you mean the free (for western regions) character DLC, or the downloadable data packs that improve the game's performance? Or perhaps both?

If the performance packs aren't available to reviewers, I agree with @OmegaMetroid93 — that would be a mistake.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Blast

Lmao never trust reviewers. Trust your own judgment.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

@Blast: Well, yeah... But fact is that not everyone thinks that way.

That's really sad. There's people who think review scores justifies their purchases. I buy what I want. Best way to see if a game is for you is to watch a gameplay video.

Master of the Hype Train

OmegaMetroid93

I agree with you both. I couldn't care less about review scores. In fact, I want them to go away entirely, or at least work on a much smaller scale.
But the thing is that if a game gets a 7/10, it will probably affect the sales negatively compared to if the game got an 8 or a 9.

EDIT: Either way, do you suppose we'll get a new Survival Guide soon? They said they'd have five episodes done but they've only done two, and the game is almost out. haha
I really enjoyed the previous ones.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

BraveSonic

@OmegaMetroid93 I agree. There are several games that I have really liked that have gotten bad reviews.

Edited on by BraveSonic

I like Smash Wii U over Melee. FIGHT ME.
I'm addicted to amiibo. Full collection of the Smash series....help me....please...
Also, I like to go fast, really fast.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5714-9219-9497
Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

3DS Friend Code: 0103-9570-7604 | Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I agree with you both. I couldn't care less about review scores. In fact, I want them to go away entirely, or at least work on a much smaller scale.
But the thing is that if a game gets a 7/10, it will probably affect the sales negatively compared to if the game got an 8 or a 9.

EDIT: Either way, do you suppose we'll get a new Survival Guide soon? They said they'd have five episodes done but they've only done two, and the game is almost out. haha
I really enjoyed the previous ones.

Hahaha hopefully the Survival Guide comes soon!

Master of the Hype Train

OmegaMetroid93

Yeah.. They need to market the game. They should've already started, but.. Nothing.
This is the one really big game they have this holiday, and they're not doing anything to sell it. It doesn't bode well.

OmegaMetroid93

GrailUK

They will mention it in this weeks Direct I'm sure.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic