Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 4,371

Shirayuki474

I think I know what he meant. He meant that we are getting a very big box, but kinda empty inside.

Shirayuki474

Blast

Shirayuki474 wrote:

I think I know what he meant. He meant that we are getting a very big box, but kinda empty inside.

Do you even JRPG? Do you even Xenoblade Chronicles??? If not... Okay. Game isn't for you. Cya.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

You're right that it's MMO-like, except it's much better than most MMOs (which to be fair, is not the most difficult thing to accomplish for a single player RPG).

And yeah, if you aren't into what the game is like, fair enough, but I don't know why ANYONE would be surprised by what the game is. It would be like playing Fallout and being annoyed that it's so lifeless and ugly (I do mean that as a compliment towards Fallout, for the record).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jazzer94

@Grumblevolcano: Its a JRPG of epic proportions a small restricted play session at some expo does not make for an impression and honestly what were you expecting exploration is a huge part of the series and genre.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

Cool, I hope they continue the series permanently. Like make it a Final Fantasy competitor.

While each individual game is great, I feel like Xeno lacks overarching elements like FF does to make it feel as much like a series. FF games are vastly different with each game since X having an entirely different creative team, but you still have Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga in every game, chocobos in every game, airships in every game, Bombs and Flans, Ethers and Phoenix Downs, Bahamut, Cid, and limit breaks. My favorite character in my first FF game 20 years ago was Rydia and now I'm playing a Black Mage and Summoner in FFXIV.

Xeno needs more of that.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

SpookyMeths wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Cool, I hope they continue the series permanently. Like make it a Final Fantasy competitor.

While each individual game is great, I feel like Xeno lacks overarching elements like FF does to make it feel as much like a series. FF games are vastly different with each game since X having an entirely different creative team, but you still have Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga in every game, chocobos in every game, airships in every game, Bombs and Flans, Ethers and Phoenix Downs, Bahamut, Cid, and limit breaks. My favorite character in my first FF game 20 years ago was Rydia and now I'm playing a Black Mage and Summoner in FFXIV.

Xeno needs more of that.

And... Takahashi should take many notes from Atlus handling of Persona series. Xeno series can become huge but it needs to draw inspiration from other big JRPG series to grow.

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

SpookyMeths wrote:

Xeno needs more of that.

Well this is only the second game. I meant Xenoblade as a series rather than all of the Xeno stuff. In that maybe their next game will be "Xenoblade Y" or something like that and then they'll just call all of their games Xenoblade. I'm just assuming they'll do that because of how well received the Wii game was. But maybe they won't.

But so far, they've reused the Nopon and didn't we also hear that the Telethia are in this one too? That seems like a similar amount of common themes as FF.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Tsurii wrote:

Blast wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Xeno needs more of that.

And... Takahashi should take many notes from Atlus handling of Persona series. Xeno series can become huge but it needs to draw inspiration from other big JRPG series to grow.

F*** no, anything but that. I don't need angsty teenagers with the depth of a cardboard cutout in an RPG that tries to be dark and edgy but only ends in a better shounen story filled with the most ludicrous tropes. (unless Persona 1, 2 and 4 are vastly different from 3, I've probably never regretted finishing a game this much...)

Takahashi should just stick to his own principles and standards and try to avoid something like Saga from ever happening again, but as long as Nintendo give him as much freedom as he already had with both Xenoblade games he should be able to do that just fine anyway (and I bet he will do his best not to screw up that badly again anyway). Monolith have the advantage of making a good chunk of Nintendo's developers up compared to other devs who are owned by Nintendo or develop something for them and as long as the people in Kyoto keep doing a good job of helping with stuff like Zelda, Splatoon and other big(ger) titles and their own projects don't bomb miserably, they will keep that privilege.

?!?! coughs Persona is freaking huge in popularity in Japan because of how dang good it is. You seriously don't like Persona 3?!?! What?!?!?!?!?! I'm stunned! Persona 3 has some of the best well written characters and music I ever experienced in a game. If you don't think Yukari and Junpei's growth over Persona 3 was AMAZING then we shouldn't even be arguing. Lol I LOVE Persona. I'm a huge JRPG guy. I love XCX but I just know Persona 5 will be better in multiple categories.

Master of the Hype Train

JustJulyo

With all this not so positive response it seems like not a lot of people are too psyched for XCX, I am hyped and would like to know, how many of you guys are still excited for this game even though this game has been released months in advance. Because Yoshi Wooly's World has been out so long in Europe I don't feel as excited for the game even if it does look adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDKDbSssbbjikzCOMwi75dA

Twitter:

Blast

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Blast wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

Blast wrote:

F*** no, anything but that. I don't need angsty teenagers with the depth of a cardboard cutout in an RPG that tries to be dark and edgy but only ends in a better shounen story filled with the most ludicrous tropes. (unless Persona 1, 2 and 4 are vastly different from 3, I've probably never regretted finishing a game this much...)

Takahashi should just stick to his own principles and standards and try to avoid something like Saga from ever happening again, but as long as Nintendo give him as much freedom as he already had with both Xenoblade games he should be able to do that just fine anyway (and I bet he will do his best not to screw up that badly again anyway). Monolith have the advantage of making a good chunk of Nintendo's developers up compared to other devs who are owned by Nintendo or develop something for them and as long as the people in Kyoto keep doing a good job of helping with stuff like Zelda, Splatoon and other big(ger) titles and their own projects don't bomb miserably, they will keep that privilege.

?!?! coughs Persona is freaking huge in popularity in Japan because of how dang good it is. You seriously don't like Persona 3?!?! What?!?!?!?!?! I'm stunned! Persona 3 has some of the best well written characters and music I ever experienced in a game. If you don't think Yukari and Junpei's growth over Persona 3 was AMAZING then we shouldn't even be arguing. Lol I LOVE Persona. I'm a huge JRPG guy. I love XCX but I just know Persona 5 will be better in multiple categories.

So, you love Persona so much that every JRPG should be just like it? I love me some Persona, but XCX taking lessons from Atlus? No, thank you, please.
Monolith Soft is mostly comprised of veterans from SNES era Square. They don't need to take lessons in character development.

Did I ever say I love Persona so much that every JRPG should be like it? In my opinion, Monolith should take notes from Atlus's Persona series. Why? In MY opinion, Atlus is a true master in immersion, music, character development AND... STYLE. I would love to see a Xeno game with crazy cool style.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

JustJulyo wrote:

With all this not so positive response it seems like not a lot of people are too psyched for XCX, I am hyped and would like to know, how many of you guys are still excited for this game even though this game has been released months in advance. Because Yoshi Wooly's World has been out so long in Europe I don't feel as excited for the game even if it does look adorable.

XCX looks freaking good. I do have some concerns about the game but I'm still getting it. And once again... Be careful who opinions you read for stuff you like. The only person who knows you will like something is yourself. As for me... When it comes to JRPGS, there are only a few group of people I even listen to for opinions because their taste are just like mine. I will never listen to a mainstream gamer or mainstream journalist speak on a JRPG. It never ends will and it just ticks me off.

Master of the Hype Train

Eat_Pie

JustJulyo wrote:

I'm still excited for this game. I've preordered it and I'm waiting for December to come. YWW and XCX are two different situations release wise. YWW was staggered, while XCX has a universal release date in NA and Europe.

Eat_Pie

JustJulyo

@Blast: I guess that is true, I just feel like I have been spoiled with all this information about the game even though I pretty much placed a black curtain over anything XCX related. I guess I am not excited as I want to be because I now try to avoid XCX info that could potentially lead me to not want to get the game or something. I'm not a huge JRPG fan as I once was but I'm hoping this may turn things around. The last game I played that was a JRPG was probably the Tales of Vesperia, so I am not really too familiar with the Persona games.

Twitter:

JustJulyo

@Eat_Pie: I'm waiting to download it onto my Wii U, I have about 1,000 GB of storage so I want this game to take up as much room as it needs to. Do you have the collector's edition pre-ordered? XCX is that game right now where I try to avoid as much information so that when I do play it will be like seeing it in brand new eyes

Twitter:

Blast

JustJulyo wrote:

@Blast: I guess that is true, I just feel like I have been spoiled with all this information about the game even though I pretty much placed a black curtain over anything XCX related. I guess I am not excited as I want to be because I now try to avoid XCX info that could potentially lead me to not want to get the game or something. I'm not a huge JRPG fan as I once was but I'm hoping this may turn things around. The last game I played that was a JRPG was probably the Tales of Vesperia, so I am not really too familiar with the Persona games.

Omg don't let my recent comments in this thread about how much I love JRPGS and Persona games get to you. XCX is among a list of many JRPGS I'm itching for. XCX is gonna have great immersion, exploration, music, and story. I said earlier in this thread that my party will consist of Cross in a party of women. Heh

Master of the Hype Train

Eat_Pie

JustJulyo wrote:

@Eat_Pie: I'm waiting to download it onto my Wii U, I have about 1,000 GB of storage so I want this game to take up as much room as it needs to. Do you have the collector's edition pre-ordered? XCX is that game right now where I try to avoid as much information so that when I do play it will be like seeing it in brand new eyes

No, it's the regular edition. I preordered XCX before the SE came out. For me, I don't mind viewing videos because it helps me decide if I want to buy a game. Don't worry though, since the game has only come out in Japan, there won't be too much revealed information. It'll be easy for you to avoid it.

Eat_Pie

JustJulyo

@Blast: Seeing other people excited for this game games me even more excited! I can't wait until this comes out then looking forward to it even more!

Twitter:

JustJulyo

@Eat_Pie: That is true but because Zelda Wii U was pushed and the promise of such a huge open world was taken away from me I figured this would be the next best thing. At least on the Wii U as it's the only major console I have. I'm actually kinda glad Zelda Wii U was pushed back so that I can fully immerse myself into this game but still bitter that they promised 2015 for such a long time.

Twitter:

Blast

JustJulyo wrote:

@Blast: Seeing other people excited for this game games me even more excited! I can't wait until this comes out then looking forward to it even more!

Hahahahaha yeah. The hype is real. Join me on the hype train. We have awesome mechs in XCX, BIKINI Elma, exploration and its all your own unique experience!!!

Master of the Hype Train

JustJulyo

@Blast: I want to heat the music because I only heard about Xenoblade because of Smash and it had awesome music, also exploring an entire continent when you first start up the game is awesome to explore!

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic