Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 4,371

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@OmegaMetroid93: I disagree, Nintendo does way too much censoring in translations. Fire Emblem Awakening is a perfect example of this and I assume more of it in Fates.

Isn't Xenoblade the game where you can make your entire party half naked?

Or are people still making a mountain out of a mole hill because they have no lives?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

Tsurii wrote:

@kkslider5552000: You have an optional swimsuit equipment set in the game (for both male and female chars) and some semi-skimpy armor sets, but that's it. So...yeah, people are/were making a mountain out of a mole hill. I think that whole bulls*** only really started because you can dress Lin in those too and because she's 13 and 13-year-olds don't wear swimsuits and yada yada yada (god...that was so darn tiring, I'm glad people stopped complaining about that)

I doubt they would censor anything in the game, tho. Unless NoA are even bigger idiots than I thought and they try to advertise the game to grade schoolers

No, I'm more saying yáll have no lives. I don't give a **** either way and anyone who does is gaining 20 pounds from bacon fat right now.

Edited on by Eel

Dezzy

There were swim suits in Chronicles too. Some of them were inexplicably good armour. Although it messes us a few of the cutscenes if you want to rewatch a few on youtube and they're fighting on Valak Mountain in their underwear.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

OptometristLime

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

You have an optional swimsuit equipment set in the game (for both male and female chars) and some semi-skimpy armor sets, but that's it. So...yeah, people are/were making a mountain out of a mole hill. I think that whole bulls*** only really started because you can dress Lin in those too and because she's 13 and 13-year-olds don't wear swimsuits and yada yada yada (god...that was so darn tiring, I'm glad people stopped complaining about that)

I doubt they would censor anything in the game, tho. Unless NoA are even bigger idiots than I thought and they try to advertise the game to grade schoolers

No, I'm more saying yáll have no lives. I don't give a **** either way and anyone who does is gaining 20 pounds from bacon fat right now.

That's an unexpected jab for a swimsuit discussion, but kinda unlike a swimsuit on the forums you can just look the other way.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

OmegaMetroid93

See the thing is, they can't really say that Lyn is 18 simply because her whole thing is that she's a child prodigy working with BLADE.

And I agree with kkslider. The whole swimsuit-thing is pretty ridiculous and not worth arguing about.
That said, I am against censoring so let's hope they don't do too much of it.

OmegaMetroid93

kkslider5552000

yeah I don't like censorship either, but you can be against censorship without being annoyingly angry at stuff that's entirely insignificant

Blast

So... Is Elma's voice actress.... The same woman as Mitsuru from Persona 3 FES, Tear from Tales of the Abyss and Lightning from Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns???? They all sound soooo familiar...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Tsurii wrote:

Blast wrote:

So... Is Elma's voice actress.... The same woman as Mitsuru from Persona 3 FES, Tear from Tales of the Abyss and Lightning from Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns???? They all sound soooo familiar...

I KNEW I recognized Mitsuru's voice from somewhere! Now that you mentioned her I'm sure Tara Platt voices Elma.

Tara Platt sounds the same in every game she's in. Lol

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Huh? Mitsuru doesn't sound anything like Lightning or Tear.

And they were in fact voiced by three different people, Tara Platt, Ali Hillis, and Nicole Balick, respectively.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

whodatninja

Yeah, Mitsuru Senpai doesn't sound anything like Liara.

Btw, I hope the dub is done by the same people who does the Persona games! They are GREAT!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

And they were in fact voiced by three different people, Tara Platt, Ali Hillis, and Nicole Balick, respectively.

mind explodes

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

whodatninja wrote:

Mitsuru Senpai doesn't sound anything like Lightning/Liara.

Btw, I hope the dub is done by the same people who does the Persona games!

Pretty much this. And you said "Mitsuru Senpai"... That's freaking great

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

mind explodes

Tara Platt did apparently work on all three games though. Additional voices in FFXIII and Noir in Abyss.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

mind explodes

Tara Platt did apparently work on all three games though. Additional voices in FFXIII and Noir in Abyss.

Wow, man. Thanks for telling me.

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

Can't imagine a gaming convention is really the place to play Xenoblade to be honest.

I assume lots of the stuff at gamescon is in english is it? I might go next year.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

martinskrtel37

Dezzy wrote:

Can't imagine a gaming convention is really the place to play Xenoblade to be honest.

But it's designed to give you a taste of the game, 10-15 minutes of exploration, to give the fans a demo... it goes without saying that RPGs are suited to you at home with a couple hours to dedicate to the game...

Anyway, can't let this thread linger on Page 2. Best game coming out on the Wii U this year. People talking about ridiculous stuff in the Zelda thread keeping that up top, Xenoblade Chronicles X will be better than the next Zelda, let's face it.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Blast

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

But it's designed to give you a taste of the game, 10-15 minutes of exploration, to give the fans a demo... it goes without saying that RPGs are suited to you at home with a couple hours to dedicate to the game...

Anyway, can't let this thread linger on Page 2. Best game coming out on the Wii U this year. People talking about ridiculous stuff in the Zelda thread keeping that up top, Xenoblade Chronicles X will be better than the next Zelda, let's face it.

Ironically, we had this exact same discussion about which will end up better: Legend of Zelda U or XCX. Legend of Zelda U can end up amazing if Nintendo goes full out in story, content, and gameplay. XCX is different. It's much more about your own experience. When we all get XCX, we're gonna have different experiences.

Master of the Hype Train

Shinion

@martinskrtel37: hmmmmmm, I think it would take a very, very brave person to bet heavily on that. I think if I've learnt anything, literally one thing above any other, in gaming, it's never to bet against Nintendo when it comes to Zelda. The whole gaming world stops and listens when even a 2 minute off screen trailer comes out for a new Zelda game. Mario maybe their money spinner and king, and Pokemon almost single handedly maintains their handheld dominance, but most gamers know that Zelda is Nintendo really. I look at each generation, and I'd say that it would be a certainty that a Zelda game is in each top 5 games of that generation, potentially getting top spot in a couple. That is an unbelievable amount of consistency and that's why Zelda will always be the best gaming franchise for me.

All this coming from someone who has Xenoblade Chronicles as his favourite ever game at the end of the day they are two very different games and I'm just thankful I don't have to chose between them. I just feel sorry for those unfortunate souls without a Wii U who will miss out entirely.

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic