Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 4,371

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

XCX is different. It's much more about your own experience. When we all get XCX, we're gonna have different experiences.

What makes you say that?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Doing what? Comparing Zelda and Xenoblade?

Joeynator3000

comes here, sees people comparing this game to Zelda...leaves

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nintendo_Ninja

I wonder if this game will ever get DLC? New skells or side quests would be cool post-launch.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Dezzy

Tsurii wrote:

Obviously can't speak for him, but he's got a point. XCX is like Skyrim in a sense. You can do pretty much any quest in any order (after a certain point in the game) and I'm sure if we asked 100 people on here how they did stuff, we'd get as many answers/experiences.
And it's not just about in which order you do quests and how you tackle the exploration of Mira, there's also a hell lotta stuff to customize: your avatar/Cross, loads of gear to collect and craft, the Skells that come in different classes and are getting a ton of s*** to customize them, the actual character classes can be mixed and matched however you want once you maxed them out, unions with different tasks, questlines with multiple paths, (re)building NLA, setting different types of data probes up etc, etc.
That stuff adds up and I doubt there'll be two people who're doing the same exact things unless they plan to do so.

Well if it's anywhere as near as open as Skyrim, that'll be cool. I get the sense there's maybe a bit more pressure on you to follow the main story though, whereas in Skyrim you could pretty much just pretend there was no main story and spend 100 hours exploring the world however you wanted.

Blast

Tsurii wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Blast wrote:

XCX is different. It's much more about your own experience. When we all get XCX, we're gonna have different experiences.

What makes you say that?

Obviously can't speak for him, but he's got a point. XCX is like Skyrim in a sense. You can do pretty much any quest in any order (after a certain point in the game) and I'm sure if we asked 100 people on here how they did stuff, we'd get as many answers/experiences.
And it's not just about in which order you do quests and how you tackle the exploration of Mira, there's also a hell lotta stuff to customize: your avatar/Cross, loads of gear to collect and craft, the Skells that come in different classes and are getting a ton of s*** to customize them, the actual character classes can be mixed and matched however you want once you maxed them out, unions with different tasks, questlines with multiple paths, (re)building NLA, setting different types of data probes up etc, etc.
That stuff adds up and I doubt there'll be two people who're doing the same exact things unless they plan to do so.

That's exactly what I meant. Thanks

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

nf_2

@Dezzy: If this game is anything like the first, you can do quite a bit without touching the story for long periods of time. I know in XC, I would spent hours at a time exploring each area as much as I could and completing quests before progressing the story. This game doesn't look like that would change, and as far as I can tell there's more to do in the open world.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

nacho_chicken

nf_2 wrote:

@Dezzy: If this game is anything like the first, you can do quite a bit without touching the story for long periods of time. I know in XC, I would spent hours at a time exploring each area as much as I could and completing quests before progressing the story. This game doesn't look like that would change, and as far as I can tell there's more to do in the open world.

It's still not going to be as open-world as Skyrim. In XC, you couldn't continue exploring past a certain point without progressing through the story. In Skyrim, you can completely ignore the main storyline for basically the whole game.

Not that I think that's a bad point for Xenoblade. They're just vastly different in focus and execution. Xenoblade is an open-world RPG, and Skyrim is an open-world RPG.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Dezzy

nf_2 wrote:

Right, so did I. And I actually prefer Xenoblade Chronicles to Skyrim by quite a way. I think Xenoblade Chronicles got the balance between exploration and story about right. Skyrim favours exploration over story.

martinskrtel37

I am sooooooooooooooooo happy we are getting a nice LE pack with goodies!!! I knew there would be a console bundle, I was holding out for that but lasted until July - but I knew it wouldn't have decals or anything, and everything in that comes in the LE game pack so everything is sweet!! I hope they sell heaps of the console bundles and heaps of the game in general!!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Nintendo_Ninja

I hope all this comes to NA.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Shinion

@Dezzy: well considering the fact that I doubt very few people who bought the Wii version did so for less than £40, I'd say this is very cheap. More than 50% cheaper.

Shinion

jump

Yeah, the copy I put up for auction on Ebay went for something like £50-60 last year. They are very rare with a fair bit of demand for them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

veeflames

Oh, great. You guys have already convinced me to try out XC again (I didn't get into it at first). If I end up getting glued, I'll have yet another game to put in my backlog - which I might never finish because of Splatoon (and Smash, dangit!).
Sigh...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Dezzy

TheLastLugia wrote:

@Dezzy: well considering the fact that I doubt very few people who bought the Wii version did so for less than £40, I'd say this is very cheap. More than 50% cheaper.

The existence of the 3DS version solved that issue, in my eyes. I can't actually remember how much better the Wii version was though so dunno if I wanna buy again.

jump

Dezzy wrote:

TheLastLugia wrote:

well considering the fact that I doubt very few people who bought the Wii version did so for less than £40, I'd say this is very cheap. More than 50% cheaper.

The existence of the 3DS version solved that issue, in my eyes. I can't actually remember how much better the Wii version was though so dunno if I wanna buy again.

Like you said the 3DS version isn't a good as the Wii version and not that many people have a New 3DS compared to a Wii. I also remember the first week sales of the 3DS version not being great.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rogueleader0908

The real question here is will it come to the wii u North America eshop. Knowing NOA it probably won't be.

Rogueleader0908

Nintendo Network ID: Rogueleader0908

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic