Forums

Topic: Wonderfull 101 demo impressions

Posts 61 to 80 of 110

SCRAPPER392

I thought the demo was OK. It just takes a bit to get used to the controls and stuff.
The game runs pretty fast, and there's alot going on at times(especially in the trailers).

I can see a ton of kids begging their mommy and daddy for this game if there's a demo at Walmart...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

TysonOfTime

BTW, did anyone else find the fourth hidden hero?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

The_Fox

I really didn't form much of an opinion about this one from the demo. I'll probably rent it when it comes out to see if my apathy was just due to the nature of the demo or if the game just isn't for me.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Epicnessofme99

I gave the demo a run-through today for the first time and enjoyed it, the controls and the way the game plays are definitely something I'll need to get used to though. Other than that I thought the demo was fantastic and definitely showed off the potential of the game and showed off alot of features in it. There is a small arrow on the touchscreen that lets you switch around heroes and see the heroes you currently had and I thought that was very cool.

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme Feel free to add me :D
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9343-5065

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme

NinChocolate

I thought playing on the gamepad was a better experience. Did anyone else have that thought too?

NinChocolate

LzWinky

TysonOfTime wrote:

Helpful hints to get the gameplay running smoother.

Pressing L zooms out the Camera which makes the angle issues nonexistent IMO.
When drawing a shape for a weapon, you press A after the coloured line appears.
When drawing links or recruit circles, you don't press anything.
Dashing puts your morph weapon away, yet you can still summon the same sized weapon if you attack quick enough after dashing.
BUTTON MASHING ISN'T ACTUALLY EFFECTIVE.

I recommend playing the demo multiple times. Games like this don't come to you automatically.
Whic just happens to be a constant in most of the games I love.

Well Kamiyah did recommend playing this game at least twice

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

honestly my biggest problem is trying to use the touch controls for the morph weapon when the arrow at the bottom automatically takes you to a different screen on the gamepad.

Otherwise it seemed pretty awesome once you get used to stuff. Only other problem I had is the confusing "helps" even though they're seemingly supposed to be specifically for the citizens who need help. I mean maybe it was a weird glitch but otherwise I think it was just a weird attempt to show you had to create a ladder to help the citizens in the fire. That doesn't seem like a good idea...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kewlan

banacheck wrote:

This game is aimed at casuals, very easy,easy,normal? where is hard extra hard etc, where are the combo's. the two buttom combo don't count A+B, mainly it's tapping X or A. The game is far from there Metal Gear Rising, the HUB is full of stuff and the camera angles are not good. But it is an alright game, just a bit to easy.

Did you even read my message?

Kewlan wrote:

• When you choose difficulty, you can clearly see that there is empty spots for harder ones.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

19Robb92

TysonOfTime wrote:

Even better than what I played at PAX. I don't have any complaints yet. I played the Demo twice and got both secret missions.

Wow, I've re-plaeyed the demo 4 times and haven't found any "secret" stuff

I'll have to check again

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

skywake

I had a go of it. It was fun and unique but not really my thing.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

GiftedGimp

I've played the demo twice, and enjoyed it more the 2nd time. I'm still not sure if I want to buy the game yet but think its because its the type of game where you have to learn a bit about it to start to understand it, and then enjoy it.

Games make a great console, not technical specs.

Nintendo Network ID: GiftedGimp | Twitter:

banacheck

.If you found it troubling that the first level of a demo of a game on normal mode was easy...

There other games take Metal Gear Rising, that went up to hard but that was locked off the rental version obviously has more difficulty levels, and that game uses combos the demo also had combos to use & not just one B+A. but the game is good i haven't said otherwise. is this the first level of the game? demos can be taken from half way into the game, Dead Space 3 demo did just that as meny other demo's have. i haven't really been following the game, word for word.

I've play the demo well more than twice, things like the blocking window should fail if not timed right, you can start blocking miles before your hit and still not fail. the tank will give you a visual hint when its about to fire, as soon as you see that visual hint just started blocking. most of the enemies have visual hints in the game, like if thay turn red get out of the way etc.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

19Robb92

banacheck wrote:

I've play the demo well more than twice, things like the blocking window should fail if not timed right, you can start blocking miles before your hit and still not fail. the tank will give you a visual hint when its about to fire, as soon as you see that visual hint just started blocking. most of the enemies have visual hints in the game, like if thay turn red get out of the way etc.

Cool, I need to start blocking more. I always use the spring-thing (which makes my battery run out all the time).

banacheck

I actually disagree with this, going by the visual hints especially with the tank & some of the bigger enemies. the tank with charge at you just block to flip it on its back, draw a straight line for the sword and just tap A. If you like you can just repeat that, also when any enemy is on there back, draw a circle around them to pick them up and throw them Y. Especially with your little men you can easily beat the demo with just tapping A with a sword or gun, fist, and give your little men a sword or gun etc and i can guarantee you'll destroy anything, just remember to block or dodge.

Sorry about the double post, oh yeah the smaller enemies you can also get to fight on your side, but if your little men are stuned by a bigger enemy you'll lose them. there loads of things in the game if you look and play, but a little to easy.

Reverandjames

Who said the game was terrible? thats just your assumption, like meny jump to around here.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

ednice

It was long and fun

ednice

Nintendo Network ID: ednice

MAB

All games these days are too easy and require button mashing combinations

MAB

19Robb92

banacheck wrote:

Well.. It isn't. Sure, you can kill enemies by doing so, but that doesn't make it effective since you won't get a good score by doing it.

You'll get over 3x the amount of points by doing serious combos and morph-moves.

Edited on by 19Robb92

ocelot20

Tried it and its not something I would buy tbh.

ocelot20

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.