Forums

Topic: Wonderfull 101 demo impressions

Posts 1 to 20 of 110

sinanziric

I ve played demo and these are my views
1. horrible 2D camera (Lets hope I am wrong, but thrust me its bad)
2. easy to get lost, stuck, unite powers can hit through fences and some walls.
3. Super intense action makes this game button masher

what you PAL guys ;] think?

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

DELETE_ACCOUNT

Guitardude7 wrote:

OH I SEE HOW IT IS. RUB IT IN MY AMERICAN FACE WHY DONT YA?! So Jealooooooooooooooooous.

Demo announced by Iwata on the NA Miiverse, to be available later today. So it's coming to NA soon.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

DELETE_ACCOUNT

@Guitardude7 Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. Some to look forward to for the end of the day for me as well! I hope it's better than reported above. I'm not planning on buying it anyways, but I want Nintendo to start forcing negative talkers down for the count sooner rather than later.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

sinanziric

I am Nintendo fanboy but this game is bad.

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

DELETE_ACCOUNT

@sinanziric It could be it's just not your type of game. I doubt I'll like it, but it looks good for someone who likes that type of game. I'm looking forward to giving it a spin soon.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

19Robb92

Just played it and finished. I'm positive towards it, loved the gameplay.

I finished the miniboss using a five MultiForm combo (2 swords, 2 guns and 1 hand (controlled by me)). That was epic as hell! You're going to be able to have some amazing battles in this game. Can't wait to play more. I had loads of fun. What's really a relief though, is that the patterns you draw didn't feel unrecognized for me (I watched a IGN preview of the game where the player were saying she had some big problems with the game recognizing the patterns she wanted to create).

As for the negative, I felt that the camera was a bit too zoomed in. I would have liked it if they went for a bigger scope. Other than that it was brilliant.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Kewlan

Like you say, the camera definitely needs to be more zoomed out. You could adjust it yourself, but it wasn't enough in my opinion. This is especially important since enemies can charge attack you without even seeing it coming, since their outside the camera range.
Anyway, I really liked it. At first it felt a bit weird, everything was so mashed together and I got confused over what happened. I think they need to teach people better how to play, but I understood most of it after a while.
Also, I never had any problems with the game recognizing my circle patterns and all that. It all worked fine for me.
And again, the camera really needs to be fixed, if they don't change it, it could destroy my whole experience with the game.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

19Robb92

Kewlan wrote:

Like you say, the camera definitely needs to be more zoomed out. You could adjust it yourself, but it wasn't enough in my opinion. This is especially important since enemies can charge attack you without even seeing it coming, since their outside the camera range.

Yeah, I agree completely with this.

I also got a bit annoyed that I couldn't see where all of my heroes got thrown when I got attacked, since they flew out of the limited screen space. Which forced me to run around the whole area just to make sure I got them all. Not to mention that it gets a bit weird when you have about 50 heroes in your team and draw a sword it just continues off-screen without you knowing the length anymore. Pretty annoying.

Edited on by 19Robb92

SuperJoon

Was looking forward to trying this game, but have to admit that i dont think its for me. I found it to be a lot of button bashing.....and the cameras annoyed me....

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Kewlan

@19Robb92 Oh yeah, I forgot to comment about that! I'm pretty sure that all the heroes in your group automatically jump back to you after a while. The reason why you should walk over to them is to get them back in your squad faster. I noticed this when I was playing Mission Mode, and was running around avoiding attacks, and then they all jumped back to me.
Also @sinanziric, you said this game would be a button masher, but if you take your time to learn the game, you will notice that every press is important, since you need to attack, dodhe, multiform, re-draw your weapon for a size and attack increase, and so on.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

19Robb92

KingJoonToon wrote:

Was looking forward to trying this game, but have to admit that i dont think its for me. I found it to be a lot of button bashing.....and the cameras annoyed me....

Well that's only if you... Mash the buttons..

I managed to have some awesome fights throughout the whole demo. Didn't you use the multi-forms or doge moves?

Otherboard

The only thing I didn't particularly like about the game was the indoor section. I don't know if it's because my GamePad was facing down when I entered the room, but the camera was utterly horrible.

Aside from that, I loved it! I'm seriously excited for this game now.

Otherboard

19Robb92

MentheLapin wrote:

The only thing I didn't particularly like about the game was the indoor section. I don't know if it's because my GamePad was facing down when I entered the room, but the camera was utterly horrible.

Aside from that, I loved it! I'm seriously excited for this game now.

It's was even worse for me. I was playing with the WiiU Pro controller and had to pick up the gamepad (just to look at it) to continue playing

Would have been better if the Gamepad window appeared on the screen as a miniature instead when you're playing with another controller.

Edited on by 19Robb92

sinanziric

I predict IGN, Gamespot score = 7.0

Emblem

Posted this in the comment box area but these are my impressions...

Just had a play of the demo with friends, i'm very happy my expectations have been met. I can safely say Platinum have delivered again on this one.

Multiplayer seems to only be local co-op from what i could see up to 5 players. Its mission based and very fun and easy to understand what's going on even though you all have your own hero teams thanks to colour coding. We had 3 players on a 22 inch monitor and it was fine, i'll try it on my 32 Inch when its free. I played with the gamepad and pro controller and both are intuitive and viable.

Story mode was cool, its has little (optional) tutorials that pop up if needed, i played on normal which was a decent challenge, i doubt you can button bash to the finish since a lot of enemies need to be countered and dodged. You can also transform into unite forms whenever you want not just at scripted events, so if you want you can turn into the glider and jump off any building. The options menu seems deep with a collection, item, tutorial, combo, hero and some locked tabs available.

Overall its looking like an awesome Wii U title, i'm glad they took the extra time to polish it rather then rush it out for launch.

Emblem

SuperJoon

19Robb92 wrote:

KingJoonToon wrote:

Well that's only if you... Mash the buttons..

I managed to have some awesome fights throughout the whole demo. Didn't you use the multi-forms or doge moves?

Yes, and turned into the big blob which protected me.....

Edited on by SuperJoon

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

19Robb92

KingJoonToon wrote:

Yes, and turned into the big blob which protected me.....

Did you manage to get some kind of combo using multiple forms? That was the most fun I had at least.

But this is definitely not a game for everyone.

Warruz

US people START DOWNLOADING

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.