Forums

Topic: Wonderfull 101 demo impressions

Posts 81 to 100 of 110

Kewlan

@banacheck Get out. I hate you. I never want to see you again.
-
Blocking only works for enemies ranged attacks, you have to dodge melee attacks. At least the strong ones.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

sinanziric

its a descent game, nothing spectacular 7.0 game. Wii U need 3rd party retail games to survive

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

banacheck

Kewlan wrote:

@banacheck Get out. I hate you. I never want to see you again.
-
Blocking only works for enemies ranged attacks, you have to dodge melee attacks. At least the strong ones.

Read it might actually help.

the tank will give you a visual hint when its about to fire,

the tank with charge at you just block to flip it on its back,

banacheck

Kewlan

You're the one who should read, so keep quiet.
-
Ok honestly, what the hell? I have proof that the camera can be poopydoodoodingdongs. Go to Wonderful Mission, and play until you come to the baseball arena. Now, let's say you stand on the far left and fight the simple, dough-oo robot, while there is a tank on the far right. He can easily just shoot a laser on you while you have no chance of noticing since you can't see him. And since it always hit you, except when you dodge, you'll lose point and etc. Also, you can't zoom out any more. I hope they fix this somehow.

Edited on by theblackdragon

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

banacheck

Kewlan wrote:

You're the one who should read, so keep quiet.
-
Ok honestly, what the hell? I have proof that the camera can be poopydoodledingdongs. Go to Wonderful Mission, and play until you come to the baseball arena. Now, let's say you stand on the far left and fight the simple, dough-oo robot, while there is a tank on the far right. He can easily just shoot a laser on you while you have no chance of noticing since you can't see him. And since it always hit you, except when you dodge, you'll lose point and etc. Also, you can't zoom out any more. I hope they fix this somehow.

I think you've got the wrong person because i actually agree with you the camera is not the best, even when you zoom out. The wondeful mission like you said its hard to keep track of the 3 tanks, yes i agree i hope thay fix it somehow.

Them lasers can be a pain because as you've said, you cannot see the tank that fires it.

Edited on by theblackdragon

banacheck

Kewlan

@banacheck Hahaha, alright I'm sorry for being a bit mean when I wrote to you, but what I meant was your previous posts. You said you don't get combos in this game, and that there are no higher difficultys. Here's what I said, for a third time:

Kewlan wrote:

• When you choose difficulty, you can clearly see that there is empty spots for harder ones.
  • In the direct, they showed how you could unlock combos, and you can even turn them on or off.
    To be specific, he talks about it here: http://youtu.be/AyKR-myMjZU?t=11m30s

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

19Robb92

TysonOfTime wrote:

I played the Demo twice and got both secret missions.

Where are these located??

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

MAN1AC

Wonder Pink and Wonder Yellow.

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Metroidlink

For me it was quite a fun game that actually required thiinking and non-stop button mashing, although I didn't like the game becuase of one very important thing. The Controls
the controll stick was to sensitive, and touch screen didn't reach far enough. Otherwise a great game, but not going to buy it becuase the controlls destroyed the game for me

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Phatosaurus

I rike it. It's like a weird hybrid of gameplay mechanics from Okami and Bayonetta, mixed in with it's own unique twist.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

Happy_Mask

Aaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhh, the demo is taking forever to download. D:

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

GiftedGimp

I've played through the demo a few times now and like it, but even though I'll get 30% off due to the the Pikmin offer I'm still not sure I want to buy it. I don't know why, its different, its fun, looks nice, plays well etc, etc. Technically there's nothing really wrong with W101 and deserves to sell really well but I can't place my finger on why, I just don't want it.
In the UK, at least, Splintercell is out the same day and I'm more inclined to buy Splintercell over W101. It's a 3rd party title, its got online (shame about local co-op but plenty of WiiU games have local co-op/MP but no online), and like W101 does, Splintercell should make good use of the gamepad.
I've still got a few more plays of the W101 demo, and have found that as each time I've played and discovered a bit more about the game and in the game the more I've enjoyed W101, which is inline with whats been said about the game in that the 1st playthru is the learning phase and it the playthru's after where you get the most out of the game. So I may end up getting it but for me, at the moment at least it can wait a bit.

Games make a great console, not technical specs.

Nintendo Network ID: GiftedGimp | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

They need to work on the camera. 'course, it's too late now, but still. The baseball stadium was awful. D: Eventually I just resorted to spamming the spring and occasionally a fist.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Exile20

Everyone should look at this vid for tips on the game's mechanics. If you are on the fence then please take a look.

Edited on by Exile20

Exile20

PloXyZeRO

I tried it out..it was a bit confusing at first because there's a lot going on at once and the game doesn't really explain that much...I'm not really sure if I want to spend $60 for this yet. I'm leaning more toward Rayman right now. I still wish we had a Viewtiful Joe

After I learned how to use everything, the game didn't seem very hard and it's not very fun in my opinion. I mean...all you have to do is press A to attack and occasionally use your wonder-liner to complete a task. The gamepad doesn't work well for this, while the right analog stick is usually the better choice, so it doesn't really feel like a game that has to be a Wii U exclusive. I don't know...maybe I'll play it some more and my opinion will change, but as of right now, I'm not really digging it

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Kewlan

Exile20 wrote:

Everyone should look at this vid for tips on the game's mechanics. If you are on the fence then please take a look.

Wow, that guy knows what's up! The information about laser and fire deflecting will sure help me later!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

8BitSamurai

Played the demo yesterday. The game didn't really catch my eye before the demo, but I decided to play the demo anyways. It was good, though somewhat confusing in the beginning, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I don't know what it is about the game, good as it may be, but I just can't get into it. Meh.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

PloXyZeRO

8BitSamurai wrote:

Played the demo yesterday. The game didn't really catch my eye before the demo, but I decided to play the demo anyways. It was good, though somewhat confusing in the beginning, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I don't know what it is about the game, good as it may be, but I just can't get into it. Meh.

Yeah I felt the same way, but I watched the video that was linked earlier, played the demo again, and it was more fun the second time around now that I know a lot more about the game. It's still not THAT amazing too me but it's more appealing now, after watching that video and playing again

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

banacheck

Kewlan wrote:

@banacheck Hahaha, alright I'm sorry for being a bit mean when I wrote to you, but what I meant was your previous posts. You said you don't get combos in this game, and that there are no higher difficultys. Here's what I said, for a third time:

Kewlan wrote:

• When you choose difficulty, you can clearly see that there is empty spots for harder ones.
  • In the direct, they showed how you could unlock combos, and you can even turn them on or off.
    To be specific, he talks about it here: http://youtu.be/AyKR-myMjZU?t=11m30s

That video is good because it shows you the combos you can use, and some of the other weapons like the hammer. I have not been following the game a lot so i didn't know about the other things, but i agree i did jump the gun out of disappointment but the demo was good. Thanks for posting the video, and to the others that posted videos, i also went to the PG offical forums and thay got some good info there too.

banacheck

banacheck

Doesn’t get more down-to-earth than a hang glider, eh? Eh?
You see because it goes down… to… Oh never mind.

The Unite Glider is a Unite Morph that allows you to soar through the sky and travel super-long distances by jumping off high places, with all the grace of a majestic eagle. An eagle that can also turn into pudding.

We have lift-off!

Can’t have a game without rockets.

That looks like you can Unite Morphs into a rocket, like the hang glider.

http://platinumgames.com/games/the-wonderful-101/

banacheck

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.