Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Showing 361 to 380 of 576

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

361. Posted:

I forget, does Wara Wara Plaza show everyone or just people you know? Because, if it gets to crowded, it would be cool if there were communities you could have on it, as in just showing NL users.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Void

362. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Will be the longest wait for me tomorrow...lol
Then even more wait when I get it and deal with the update. xD

You and me both. But it will be worth it. :)

With my 1.5 or so MB per second internet speed it might update in 3 hours. :|
Ah well, I can wait a few additional hours, I've been waiting for like.. What, +2 years now? :P

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

363. Posted:

So I wasn't planning on getting a Wii U anywhere near launch, but I went to Gamestop and put my name on their waiting list just for fun to see how long it would take them to get new shipments. I was like the 15th name on the list, all for the Deluxe edition. They just called me saying they have one for me. That was fast. Now I just have to decide if I actually want to go get it or not. They're only holding it for me until closing tomorrow, so I have to decide quickly.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

Emaan

364. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

I forget, does Wara Wara Plaza show everyone or just people you know? Because, if it gets to crowded, it would be cool if there were communities you could have on it, as in just showing NL users.

Its just everyone, not sure if your friends show up especially or not.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

365. Posted:

ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT EUROPE!!!!

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

366. Posted:

Hey guys, guess what I'm getting a Wii U!!! I've finally got an answer out of my parents and they're happy with me putting my money up for this machine. I'm not gonna be able to buy it on launch day here in NZ, but that's because it's just too complicated at the moment for me to preorder and pick up on the day.
Does anyone know the full Europe/Australasian launch list? I'm sure there's some titles not being released here, but I already know what I want. I'm hopefully gonna pick up a Premium Wii U bundle, ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros. U, plus maybe a Pro controller.
I'd love to hear from anyone who already has a Wii U to tell me their thoughts on the launch titles though, I'd like not to be suckered into buying something like Rabbids Land. Hmm... gonna need to read some reviews too.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

367. Posted:

Great to Hear RetroGBHippie92! I actually just got my Wii U + games yesterday with a limmited edition NSMB.U tin Case. I haven't opened it up yet as I'm awaiting my 60" HDTV any day now.....:p I'd be a fool to hook this up to my current SDTV, it would completely zap the HD magic out of my little bodacious epic & Shmepic NintenLaunch party. lol On another more random note, my god is Super Mario 3D Land amazing. :o Best...3D...Mario...Ever(keep in mind i haven't played Galaxy 2 or Sunshine yet). The tanooki suit, variety in control/mario's new Roll, mini leap, Roll+Leap and run button make a world of a difference, and that stereoscopic 3D? Incredible! Ya, I'll save the rest for the 3DS forum. ;p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

skywake

368. Posted:

Void wrote:

With my 1.5 or so MB per second internet speed it might update in 3 hours. :|
Ah well, I can wait a few additional hours, I've been waiting for like.. What, +2 years now? :P

Actually it's only a 1GB download apparently. People are reporting that it's taking about an hour and the average internet speed is around 9Mbps. So there are two possible ways to look at this.

If it's downloading it at full speed and then that means you're waiting for the console to verify stuffs so about 45mins of that hour doesn't involve downloading. In that case you'll be waiting for about 2hours 15mins on your what I'm going to assume is 1.5Mbps (not "1.5MB") 'nets. If however the server was loaded at the time and people were limited to ~2.2Mbps as a result it means you'd only have to wait 1hour 30mins.... while everyone is by then only waiting 15mins.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

369. Posted:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone else experienced loading problems? I experienced an infinity load on the e-shop the first time I got on it and I had to pull the plug on the system (it wasn't a lack a paitence I waited 40-50 minutes) and I had the problem again while playing arkham city which made me quit the game.

p.s the Wii U is awsome!

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Magi

370. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

...I'm hopefully gonna pick up a Premium Wii U bundle, ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros. U...

Those are the same two games I picked up (Buy 1 get one 40% of at Target when they price matched Toys R Us) and I've been happy with my purchase so far. I've got a coworker that picked up NSMBU and the Scribblenauts game and he's happy with his purchase so far too.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

nocode

371. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone else experienced loading problems? I experienced an infinity load on the e-shop the first time I got on it and I had to pull the plug on the system (it wasn't a lack a paitence I waited 40-50 minutes) and I had the problem again while playing arkham city which made me quit the game.

p.s the Wii U is awsome!

There is a freezing issue that's been in the news. Did you have to pull the plug when Arkham City messed up as well?

So far I've frozen up twice now. Once in Mario while on the world map, and once Nintendo Land trying to load Donkey Kong's Crash Course.

Here's some info
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1688913/wii_u_freezing_update_co...

nocode

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2314-1034 | Nintendo Network ID: nocode

AuthorMessage

TOMBOY25

372. Posted:

im grateful to the americans for being the guinea pigs for wii u at least i know some problems will be resolved by the time our uk launch comes. thanks guys lol

TOMBOY25

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8827-8761 | Nintendo Network ID: TOMBOY25

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

373. Posted:

rogerwilco wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

p.s the Wii U is awsome!

There is a freezing issue that's been in the news. Did you have to pull the plug when Arkham City messed up as well?

So far I've frozen up twice now. Once in Mario while on the world map, and once Nintendo Land trying to load Donkey Kong's Crash Course.

Here's some info

No, the home button was still working so I just quit out of the game normally. And thanks for telling me about the update next week didn't know about that.

Edit: and I didn't turn the system off during the update either

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Uriel_PikpikVII

374. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

So I wasn't planning on getting a Wii U anywhere near launch, but I went to Gamestop and put my name on their waiting list just for fun to see how long it would take them to get new shipments. I was like the 15th name on the list, all for the Deluxe edition. They just called me saying they have one for me. That was fast. Now I just have to decide if I actually want to go get it or not. They're only holding it for me until closing tomorrow, so I have to decide quickly.

Definitely get it. I got mine on launch day and it's so amazing!

Play Dysfunctional Systems. Seriously. Do it now!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Ryno

375. Posted:

rogerwilco wrote:

Here's some info

Yes, another update. I haven't had any freezing issues yet but hopefully this will help everyone.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

376. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I actually just got my Wii U + games yesterday with a limmited edition NSMB.U tin Case. I haven't opened it up yet as I'm awaiting my 60" HDTV any day now.....:p I'd be a fool to hook this up to my current SDTV, it would completely zap the HD magic out of my little bodacious epic & Shmepic NintenLaunch party.

What type of TV did you finally settle on and how did you get a NSMBU tin case?

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Mizore

377. Posted:

...Ok my little dog isn't helping with the waiting. xD
He keeps barking every time a vehicle passes by, lol
(making me think the UPS truck is here)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

378. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Charming is the pefect word. This system has personality!

It's no wonder, that the Wii U software director is the same director for the Animal Crossing games. Everything from the music to the visuals, even in the menus, is full of charm. :D

Agreed. I love the OS, menus, Miiverse, and little touches throughout. I have no complaints (haven't seen a crash yet either, so I guess I'm just fortunate).

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

379. Posted:

Anyone know where I can find a video of the Pikmin wii to wii u transfer video?

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

380. Posted:

Are WiiWare and VC games on the eShop yet?

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture