Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 996

Spoony_Tech

@KingMike I don't see Pikmin on that list! 😉

Oh and you should really give some of those earlier 3rd party exclusive games a try like Zombi U and Wonderful 101. Plus many more of course but it seems you're set for a while as is.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Luna_110

@KingMike

If you like RPGs, you may want to check out Xenoblade Chronicles X. It focuses more on exploration than story, but it is a great game. It does need a lot of time, though.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

D_e_A_c_T

I couldn't find the original thread, nor do I really want to revive an old topic, but I found Arkham City for 7 bucks and it's awesome. Like really really really good. Frame Rate drops dont really take away and catwoman controls really well.
I wanted to ask though; what's the general consensus around here on Arkham Origins and the 3DS Blackgate one?
Also, can you play as Catwoman in either of those games?

One more, I'm only up to Penguin so I was wondering if there are any other playable characters besides Batman and Catwoman.

Thanks, guys!

D_e_A_c_T

Spoony_Tech

@televisions May I inquire where you got that for 7$

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

D_e_A_c_T

@Spoony_Tech used game story here in philly

edit: I should add that they're all over the place. Like they have a Gameboy Burger Time deluxe that I want going for 20 something (out of box, so it should be cheaper)

but I also god, for two bucks (two!) rune factory for DS which seems to still be going for 10+ most places used.
they're all over the place.

Edited on by D_e_A_c_T

D_e_A_c_T

Tyranexx

@televisions: Glad that I'm not the only one that played this recently! The only issues I had with the game were the slight frame rate drops you mentioned (that hardly affected gameplay), occasionally Batman wouldn't quite scale buildings how I wanted (not an issue either), and once I somehow got Batman stuck in the basement of the courthouse (resolved by quitting, then reloading my file). As a Batman and Wii U fan, I feel like this was an enhanced port done right!

I haven't played Arkham Origins or Blackgate, so I can't really help out with those, I'm afraid. (I would also like to know about Origins.)

I don't believe you can play as any other characters in the main campaign besides Batman and Catwoman, but for part of the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC, you play as Robin. He has different items, some of which have unique functionalities. Also, you can play as four characters in the Riddler's Challenge/Combat modes: Batman, Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Flexbro27

Any SURVIVAL HORROR recommendations? I've only played RE:Revelations and ZombiU. I'm also waiting on Fatal Frame to go on sale around October. So anything else you guys can recommend?

Flexbro27

Nintendo Network ID: Flexbro27

DefHalan

@flexdawolf27 Fatal Frame may not go on sale

Lone Survivor (I think that is what it is called) might be an option

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rk3388

Bought the Zelda Twilight Princess HD Bundle with amiibo after hearing of the amiibo functionality with Breath Of The Wild.

In the past, I tried playing TP about 4 different times, but always lost interest by the fourth temple. For some reason, I'm enjoying this playthrough 8-10 years later much more. I'm only at the 3rd temple to be fair, but I think the gamepad menu and clearer graphics made all the difference for me.

rk3388

Flexbro27

Everybody should take advantage of Oddworld: New and Tasty being half off up until september 1st (9.99 instead of 19.99)

Flexbro27

Flexbro27

@rk3388 I never really got into the Zelda games but TP looks pretty good on the Wii U.

Flexbro27

rk3388

@flexdawolf27 I'm sure you've heard it many times before, but I would highly recommend any of the main series Zelda games! Now's a better time more than ever with Wind Waker being on the Nintendo Selects line

rk3388

Flexbro27

@rk3388 Yeah I'll make sure to get it real soon! Right now im enjoying Oddworld and its just a fun game haha! I'm glad they remade it.

Flexbro27

rk3388

Does anyone have opinions on Hyrule Warriors? Is it worth getting for a Zelda fan? I'm also wondering how expensive all the DLC would be because I hate having incomplete games :/

rk3388

chiefeagle02

I found a brand new copy of Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, complete with the Isabelle and Digby amiibo, for $20 today. Think I should take the plunge? We already have K.K. Slider, Cyrus, and Reese and a handful of the cards.

"The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." -Robert Pirsig

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0551-8551 | My Nintendo: chiefeagle02 | Nintendo Network ID: chiefeagle02 | Twitter:

Ufaowl

Hello, everyone! I wonder, if I play Yoshi Wooly World, will it be less exciting for me to play Epic Yarn after? Or should I first play Kirby and only then Yoshi to keep my feel of wonder high? And also will it not damage my experience when i decide to play Wario Shake it! ?

Edited on by Ufaowl

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

Spoony_Tech

@Ufaowl I don't think it will spoil anything. Both are very different games even though they have yarn as their art style. Both stand on their own very well and are worth playing.

MERG said:

Ufaowl

@Spoony_Tech Thank you, kind sir! Will equally enjoy both then)

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

Rexcalibr

I need a recordation for a new game. All I play is Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. I don't play Splatoon or Mario Maker anymore. Is there any deep RPG games or single player games? I don't like Twilight Princess. Never tried a Xenoblade game or a Bayonetta game. Also curious about Monster Hunter but I don't know if I'd be able to get into it.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic