Forums

Topic: Was this E3 the final nail in the coffin for the Wii U?

Posts 521 to 540 of 543

MsJubilee

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Honestly after how pathetic this E3 was and Nintendo's performance has been this entire gen, if the NX doesn't turn things around I'll probably give up on Nintendo. I'm not putting up with Nintendo's decline into mediocrity for another generation.

nobody will miss you

You're just gunning against everyone who's say's mean things about Nintendo aren't you?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Hendesu

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Honestly after how pathetic this E3 was and Nintendo's performance has been this entire gen, if the NX doesn't turn things around I'll probably give up on Nintendo. I'm not putting up with Nintendo's decline into mediocrity for another generation.

nobody will miss you

Nintendrone detected.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

HollywoodHogan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I just sold my 3DSXL for $120 the other day because I hadn't played it much for the past year. I held onto it before E3 in hopes there would be a 2D Metroid revealed, but we all know how that went. The system is obviously on its way out and with no games that interested me on the way, I figured I better get rid of it. I will still hold onto the Wii U though in hopes that a couple new games come out, but I definitely think I will take a 'wait and see' approach after the NX is released. It won't be another release date purchase.

Friend to all SJW's

CaptainToad777

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I just sold my 3DSXL for $120 the other day because I hadn't played it much for the past year. I held onto it before E3 in hopes there would be a 2D Metroid revealed, but we all know how that went. The system is obviously on its way out and with no games that interested me on the way, I figured I better get rid of it. I will still hold onto the Wii U though in hopes that a couple new games come out, but I definitely think I will take a 'wait and see' approach after the NX is released. It won't be another release date purchase.

I wouldnt have sold it

Looking forward to paper jam and fire emblem fates...

CaptainToad777

UGXwolf

@HollywoodHogan: I generally consider wait-and-see to be a smart approach to ANY console. You're bound to at LEAST catch a price drop, and you can even wait for games you're actually interested in to drop. The only addendum I have to that rule is that because everyone and their mom could tell you we'll be getting a new Smash, a new Mario, a new Mario Kart, and a new Zelda on the next system, I'm personally ok with getting a console at launch because I know I'm gonna want all of that stuff.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Ralizah

I don't understand why people buy a system when it doesn't have at least a few games they want already released on it. Granted, I got my 3DS in 2011, but Star Fox 64 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D were already out for it, and Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 were releasing in the next few months. Not to mention the system was compatible with all my DS games.

I'm just sad Nintendo never did anything so bold or aggressive to save the Wii U as it did with the 3DS and its steep price cut followed by a blitz of good first-party software.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

UGXwolf

@Ralizah: YET. Nintendo hasn't done anything bold and aggressive to save the Wii U YET. People seem to forget that the NX isn't out yet, and even then, we still don't know whether or not it's going to replace the Wii U. Nintendo still has at least two years to make a late-game break for it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

HollywoodHogan

UGXwolf wrote:

@Ralizah: YET. Nintendo hasn't done anything bold and aggressive to save the Wii U YET. People seem to forget that the NX isn't out yet, and even then, we still don't know whether or not it's going to replace the Wii U. Nintendo still has at least two years to make a late-game break for it.

The Wii U seems to be tapering out, Nintendo has already announced a new console is on the way (what it is, we don't know), and they are seemingly already stretched to their limits when having to create software for only two systems, let alone a third.

All indications point to the Wii U winding down. The chances that Nintendo suddenly increases software development for a console nobody really wants, while they are prepping another one release, are slim to none.

Friend to all SJW's

HollywoodHogan

And to add to my previous statement, Nintendo has already released MK, Smash Bros, DKC, a Zelda (with another on the way), a main series Mario 3D game and a Star Fox title to release soon on the Wii U. Aside from Metroid, those are all their 'big guns' so to speak.

So what else that is 'bold and aggressive' is left for them to do with the Wii U? Nothing.

Friend to all SJW's

kyuubikid213

@HollywoodHogan: I'd say that Zelda U's development as well as the other bunches of games coming out for it soon (in NA at least) point to the Wii U having a good bit of life left in it.

• Zelda U
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
  • Devil's Third
  • Fatal Frame
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Project Guard (if that ends up being a game...or is it the other "project"?)
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
  • Mario Tennis

...and whatever they haven't announced yet.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

GrailUK

Wii U will be getting games up to 2017. Don't panic.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

MsJubilee

@GrailUK: Proof of that statement?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Octane

kyuubikid213 wrote:

It's still in development, Platinum Games is helping them out. No word on Giant Robot...

Octane

kyuubikid213

@Octane: I thought Giant Robot was merged into Star Fox Zero...?

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

HollywoodHogan

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@HollywoodHogan: I'd say that Zelda U's development as well as the other bunches of games coming out for it soon (in NA at least) point to the Wii U having a good bit of life left in it.

• Zelda U
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
  • Devil's Third
  • Fatal Frame
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
  • Mario Tennis

...and whatever they haven't announced yet.

I feel fairly comfortable in saying that only Zelda U will be a sure fire hit, with Star Fox and XC also potentially selling well. The rest, to be honest, are either crappy throwaway titles (Mario Tennis? An Animal Crossing Mario Party clone?) or niche titles that don't even appeal to most Nintendo owners (the JRPGs and Devils Third). If Bayonetta 2, arguably one of the best action games ever didn't even sell that great or boost sales, how do you honestly expect those titles you listed to 'turn the ship around'? The system has zero third party support other than Lego games, and the majority of the games you listed, though they may appeal to you personally, are of no interest to the general gaming audience ie. the people Nintendo need to sell the Wii U too.

There will be no turn around. Just a petering out. Xbox and PS4 will have all the big titles this holiday season.

Friend to all SJW's

Bolt_Strike

HollywoodHogan wrote:

And to add to my previous statement, Nintendo has already released MK, Smash Bros, DKC, a Zelda (with another on the way), a main series Mario 3D game and a Star Fox title to release soon on the Wii U. Aside from Metroid, those are all their 'big guns' so to speak.

So what else that is 'bold and aggressive' is left for them to do with the Wii U? Nothing.

3D World is not a bold and aggressive Mario game by any means. It's one of the safest Mario games to ever come to console. If they want to be bold and aggressive show me a collectathon game and Metroid Prime 4, the Wii U doesn't have any games like that yet.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kyuubikid213

@HollywoodHogan: I wasn't putting that list up to try and say they'd be able to turn the Wii U's fortunes around with those games...just saying that the Wii U's got a fair amount of support over the next year with these titles and there are likely more we haven't heard of yet.

I don't think the Wii U will suddenly have a boost in sales. I just think this (known) lineup shows that the Wii U will have healthy support from Nintendo and the remaining third parties for a little longer.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

HollywoodHogan

@Bolt_Strike

Never said it was. Personally, I felt SM3DW was a bit bland. Graphics were nice but it didnt blow me away.
I was just making the point that Nintendo has already released nearly all of its big franchises on the Wii U but it hasn't helped sell it yet. I don't know what else they are supposed to do with it at this point but cut the price, hope they sell a couple million more, then move on.

Friend to all SJW's

Octane

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Octane: I thought Giant Robot was merged into Star Fox Zero...?

I'm not sure, haven't read anything about that yet. A few months ago it was still planned for a Q1/2 2015 release, but nothing has been heard of the game ever since iirc.

Octane

Ralizah

@HollywoodHogan: Releasing games for Wii U that they release for every console isn't bold or aggressive. That's not to say that some of their software hasn't been quite bold: Splatoon, in particular, is the most unusual and interesting game they've made in years. But they haven't gone out of their way to push Wii U hardware sales like they did with the 3DS. Contrast this with, say, Microsoft, which has gone to great lengths to make its home console more appealing to consumers.

Also: advertising. I see adverts for 3DS everywhere. Not so much for Wii U. There's even still confusion among many people about what the Wii U even is.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.