Forums

Topic: The Wonderful 101 - OT

Posts 21 to 40 of 360

cornishlee

Platinum has just been named 4th in The Edge's "Top 50 Studios Working Today". One place behind Nintendo if anyone was wondering.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

luisesteban

The game looks quite awezome, I'd hope they would publish a demo when the time comes.

luisesteban

Shrapmo

I think it looks great. Viewtiful Joe mixed with Pikmin? Hell yeah buddy!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

ClassicJetterz

OoOoooooOoh, my conversation reached two pages! How wonderful, thanks guys.
Not bad for a new guy.

ANYWAYS, yes. I keep going back to the trailer and get giddy over the silliness. Platinum seems to have a hit or miss record. Maybe with some guidance from Nintendo these games can be great.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

abINC4L

ClassicJetterz wrote:

OoOoooooOoh, my conversation reached two pages! How wonderful, thanks guys.
Not bad for a new guy.

ANYWAYS, yes. I keep going back to the trailer and get giddy over the silliness. Platinum seems to have a hit or miss record. Maybe with some guidance from Nintendo these games can be great.

Hit or miss? Aside from Anarchy Reigns, all of their games have been critically acclaimed titles.

NNID: AB88INC4L

ClassicJetterz

I'm mostly talking from consumer views. Go look online, or talk to anyone who's played a Platinum game.

Then again, I suppose it's like that for all games. Hooray opinions.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

abINC4L

ClassicJetterz wrote:

I'm mostly talking from consumer views. Go look online, or talk to anyone who's played a Platinum game.

Ahh, well for me, all Platinum games I've played so far I've loved, well except MadWorld, didn't care much for that

abINC4L

ClassicJetterz wrote:

Ahh, well for me, all Platinum games I've played so far I've loved, well except MadWorld, didn't care much for that

NinChocolate

When's this game supposed to be out? Have they said that recently?

NinChocolate

e-love

This game looks pretty interesting.
I hope to see a demo released soon.

@Pixelroy, Sometime this year. I'm guessing in the March through early Summer range.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TwilightV

cornishlee wrote:

Platinum has just been named 4th in The Edge's "Top 50 Studios Working Today". One place behind Nintendo if anyone was wondering.

I wonder if Valve's recent layoffs would've affected their decision...

TwilightV

Joeynator3000

....Ok, so, like....Nintendo/Platinum has just went completely quiet on this game. :/
Why isn't it out yet?! T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

cornishlee

It's playable at whatever that event is Austin is, shortly, so I'd expect news of a release date for this and Pikmin 3 soon.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

mii-gamer

Hopefully Nintendo gives 101 justice by advertising the game well

I am doing a free give away for my website. See inside for details :P

AaronB

This game looks very attractive and interesting, and I'm glad they're trying a new IP. I'm still not clear on exactly what the gameplay is like, though. I think I'd have to see more actual gameplay before shelling out 50-60 dollars on it, and then I'd have to probably decide which to get right away between this and Pikmin 3. Both are much-anticipated family-friendly looking games coming out near the same time, and my daughter already loves the Pikmin from the Nintendo Land attraction. If they both look fantastic and get great reviews I might wind up getting both; but probably not right away.

AaronB

OdnetninAges

I played this at the SXSW Gaming Expo, and I can safely say it's awesome.

I liked Pikmin 3 a bit better, though.

Both were time-limited.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

cyphid

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Viewtiful Joe-like characters in an action game mixed with a Pikmin game by one of the most praised developers in recent memory.

yeah i think the game might be pretty cool

I couldn't agree with you more! Platinum games is made up of ex Clover staff; a dissolved division under Capcom. Clover was responsible for many awesome and original Capcom ips such as the very game you mentioned; Viewtiful Joe.

Shutting down Clover was stupid by Capcom's part however, was a start for an amazing team of developers whom make some the better games in recent memory.

Edited on by cyphid

WII U ID: cyphid
3DS FC: 0130-2508-4092
PSN: cyphid

Games I'm Playing:
Professor Layton and The Unwound Future
Sakura Samurai Art of the Sword

3DS Friend Code: 0130-2508-4092 | Nintendo Network ID: cyphid | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.