Wii U Forum

Topic: The Wonderful 101

Showing 341 to 360 of 364

AuthorMessage

luke17

341. Posted:

I just encountered a very strange glitch in the game. Near the end of Operation 005-C, after defeating the Geathjerk in the boxing match, then taking out the guy inside the machine, my screen went blank. Despite the blank screen, however, the game continued to play on as if everything was OK. (The escape scene from the volcano was BLANK all the way through....I had to Youtube to see what was supposed to be happening). I died a few times, and even when returning to the game the scene was blank. I restarted the game, and STILL the scene was blank. Luckily I eventually escaped from the volcano blindly and the visuals came back. Has anyone experienced this?

luke17

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

342. Posted:

Where is Wonder Exorcist when you need him? :O That's a very odd glitch though man, are you playing a disk or a download?

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

luke17

343. Posted:

Disk version. And when I say "blank", I guess I should say "white with random static and gibberish". You literally just see white and random lines here and there but at the same time can hear what's going on fine. It fixed once I fortunately beat the level blindly...however I thought it was odd that it didn't disappear once I reloaded the game. I was starting to get worried it could be a game breaking glitch that wouldn't allow me to pass any further! After watching the Youtube of what I beat blind I am sorta surprised I survived!

Edited on by luke17

luke17

AuthorMessage

cookiex

344. Posted:

Must either be a side effect of the new patch or your disc is faulty/possessed.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Jack_Package

345. Posted:

Has anyone noticed framerate drops, in the "unite-up" cutscenes, since the update.

Seemed a little chopppy to me, first time playing after update

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

346. Posted:

So this game was staring at me from my Backlog for a couple months after I put it down for a while... So I hunkered down and finished it this week.

I just have to say, I'm afraid of playing any other game ever again because it will no doubt pale in comparison.
This is the best thing ever.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

347. Posted:

Does the W101 run in 60fps? I like to think of it as the Wii U's bat sh** crazy answer to Viewtiful Joe 3. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

348. Posted:

Find anyone who complains that Nintendo doesn't have new games. If that person didn't buy Wonderful 101, punch them for me, ok?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

349. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Find anyone who complains that Nintendo doesn't have new games. If that person didn't buy Wonderful 101, punch them for me, ok?

There are at least 13 retail games total including The Wonderful 101 that are a definite buy for this litttle Wavester. :*
The 'maybe's? Rayman Legends, Resident Evil: Revelations U & Sonic:Lost Worlds. I've got zero complaints, other than the complete and utter lack of StarTropics 3. ;) Really though, i'm disappointed with how stale the recycled VC is with 'earthbound' being the only new release.

Contra: Hardcorps, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Mega Man X3, Gargoyle's Quest 2, Mega Man 7 Demon's Crest ect ect would be a brilliant start. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

350. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Does the W101 run in 60fps? I like to think of it as the Wii U's bat sh** crazy answer to Viewtiful Joe 3. :P

Not even close to 60FPS, it chugs badly at some points

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

351. Posted:

I'm honestly angry, and like, really angry that this didn't sell more. It's depressing.

Its just such a good game... After seeing the final attack I stopped playing for 10 minutes and just researched it a good 10 times .

@WaveBoy
No clue if it runs at 60 FPS, and there were 2 times where I had so much happening the game slowed a little bit, but I was so into the game I never cared about either.

@kkslider
Will do.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

352. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Then why would Nintendo release one of the trailers in 60fps? I'm disappointed, because i can't stand playing 30fps games on an HDTV, due to the absurd frame doubling effect.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

rumple88

353. Posted:

This game has gotten quite the bump over the last month or so. It's been beating out mario 3d world on amazon on and off for a week. I imagine it'll reach 1mil+ by summer.

rumple88

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

354. Posted:

I can't find where it states that it is/isn't 60FPS. Should I be able to tell by looking at it?

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

355. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Then why would Nintendo release one of the trailers in 60fps? I'm disappointed, because i can't stand playing 30fps games on an HDTV, due to the absurd frame doubling effect.

I have an HD TV and I don't even know what you're talking about.. I don't really recall that much slow down either, other than using the move that slows down everything.. if there was slow down, I never found it to be a hindrance . This game is one of the best of 2013, possibly Wii U's best.. hard to choose.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

356. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I have an HD TV and I don't even know what you're talking about.. I don't really recall that much slow down either, other than using the move that slows down everything.. if there was slow down, I never found it to be a hindrance . This game is one of the best of 2013, possibly Wii U's best.. hard to choose.

Fire up a 30fps 3rd or first person shooter, now move the camera around in circles and you'll get the frame doubling effect. If you have an LCD/LED than the motion blur will probably hide it, but on a plasma because the motion is a lot better it becomes painfully obvious....It's nothing new, that's the effect of playing 30fps on an HDTV.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

cookiex

357. Posted:

The only times I've seen the game excessively lag is during the Vorkken battles and the last boss (where there's like a bazillion things on screen), otherwise it ran just fine.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

358. Posted:

As the guy above has said, it runs alright until there is a lot of stuff going on, especially during the boss fights in the latter part of the game, which is quite bothersome.

I also found myself annoyed by the slowdown in both Lego Marvel and City, Splinter Cell and Windwaker HD (when sailing with enemies/lightning on screen) yet saw people on here argue there wasn't any. Makes me question whether they see it and just don't care, or if they don't know what they are looking at? The game was still great though, and worth picking up for sure.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

359. Posted:

30 fps, 60 fps, who cares really. I just want a good game and this obviously is just that.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

MrGawain

360. Posted:

60fps only matters when I can find my glasses. Otherwise all them blurry things look the same.

Smash Bros: who would win in a fight between Pikmin, Pacman, and Pokémon?