Wii U Forum

Topic: the reason why i think the WII u isnt selling

Showing 101 to 115 of 115

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neoproteus

101. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

skywake wrote:

So I don't think that the mass market are just waiting for them to announce some large scale JRPGs, exciting new IPs and a new Metroid Prime. We are waiting for that, the countless other millions are not.

Yet the PS4 and Xbox are going to get quite a few sales off these exact merits. i know a few somewhat casuel gamers (they mostly stick to sports and michael bay games) who want the Xbox and PS4 for .

-The Witcher 3 (Large scale rpg)
-Suneset overdrive (New IP)
-Killer Instinct (a old revival similar to metroid prime)
-Final Fantasy XV (Large scale RPG)
-Knack (New IP)
-The Hope sony will bring back something like Parappa

Why is the other two can sale consoles to both the core and mainstream like this, but Nintendo can't. I'm guessing they've fed into the Nintendo all kiddie and no new IP that most people just seem to ignore the company. I was in a google hangout with a buddy tallking comics and about getting our group podcast sorted out and we started talking about video games, Dude was knew pretty much every xbox one and PS4 games announced but barley knew any Wii U titles. After showing him some games he felt only X and Scribblenauts unmaksed would be something he would enjoy.

What what do you mean these types of games are on the sales charts. Maybe not nintendo projects to this sort but this holiday season Battlefield and Ghosts will be hitting the top two spots. Watch next year how TitanFall, Destiny, and Final Fantasy XV hit top spots for a few months.

Don't forget Kingdom Hearts 3, Killzone Shadowfall, Halo, Diablo 3, Infamous Second Son, Dead Rising 3, and Mirror's Edge 2.

Nintendo has released info on nothing but Mario. Admittedly, Mario is still fun for all ages, but the only ones to go nuts about it are either big fans and thus already own a Wii U, or little kids who like Mario's simple style. This is like if Disney wanted to support a new movie format all on it's own, and released nothing but sequels to princess movies like Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. I'm not saying Nintendo needs to necessarily start making it's own adult games like Grand Theft Auto, but it'd be nice if they tapped into some of their franchises that brought out your inner teenager, like Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, or even Kid Icarus. Even Disney knows it needs to balance out the kiddie stuff with The Avengers, Star Wars, Pirates, Tron, and Ghibli movies. Nintendo's still got nothing to attract a Halo fan, or a Final Fantasy fan, and that's a problem.

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mahe

102. Posted:

-The Gamepad: it just sucks. Forcing people to use the Gamepad in Miiverse, eShop, web browser etc. is stupid, and Gamepad-focused games like Game & Wario are almost universally bad. The only useful feature is off-TV play.
-No Wiimote focus: the Wii U doesn't properly leverage the potential of the Wiimote. It's called "Wii" U, it needs more Wiimote games.
-Too expensive: Nintendo priced the premium model wrong. It should have been the price of the Basic, and the gimped Basic pack should have been cheaper as well.
-Poor game selection: delaying games like Wii Fit U was a big mistake. Wii U had pretty much nothing in the first half of 2013, and that really hurt the console. The Wii had a much better lineup in its early months.

Mahe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

103. Posted:

Mahe wrote:

-The Gamepad: it just sucks. Forcing people to use the Gamepad in Miiverse, eShop, web browser etc. is stupid, and Gamepad-focused games like Game & Wario are almost universally bad. The only useful feature is off-TV play.
-No Wiimote focus: the Wii U doesn't properly leverage the potential of the Wiimote. It's called "Wii" U, it needs more Wiimote games.
-Too expensive: Nintendo priced the premium model wrong. It should have been the price of the Basic, and the gimped Basic pack should have been cheaper as well.
-Poor game selection: delaying games like Wii Fit U was a big mistake. Wii U had pretty much nothing in the first half of 2013, and that really hurt the console. The Wii had a much better lineup in its early months.

the gamepad: doesn't suck. it has so much potential, but it's wasted on off-tv play.
wiimote focus: if you want wiimote games, the WiiU is backwards compatible. go buy some wii games.
too expensive: i fold. you win on this one. other consoles are more expensive, sure, but PS4 is only $50 more expensive, so i get a better deal since it's launch titles so far look better than the WiiU's.
poor game selection: i fold again. there are good games, sure, but nothing makes the wiiU a must-have console.
look at this video;

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

renaryuugufan92

104. Posted:

The Wii U isn't and hasn't been selling for these reasons~
1. ADVERTIZING AND A LACK THEREOF
2. the onslaught of first and third party games was delayed until August, from there on out sales should, could, and I hope they do pick up, but again reference post #1, games need to be ADVERTIZED, and not just online, on tv too~! -seriously all the good advertizing i see is online, not all potental casual/parents are online to see them-
3. Most of the launch games were ports of older games, lets face it not many gamers feel the need to go out and get a Wii U if a good number of games that are out now are late ports, -heck i love nfs:most wanted u but STILL, that game came out 5 months after the original- which they have played on the older consoles, hopefully this will change this holiday when AC4, Watch Dogs, and many other third party games launch hand on hand with all the systems~
4. Once sales increase Nintendo needs to keep advertising first and foremost, and they need to keep to their promised release schedule for the holiday releases as well as those games that will be releasing in 2014 and in the near future~

3DS Friendcode: 0001-3400-5874 | NNID: Nick-kun13 | Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & Alienware 17
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

105. Posted:

@Sony_70
The discussion was about why the console isn't selling and what would get it to sell units. Microsoft and Sony do the same thing just with different titles and not the ones you're rattling off. The type of games that sell millions and move consoles aren't the ones that will ever get people in gaming threads excited.

I labeled Metroid as not being a System Seller because it only sold across 10% of the GC's install base, 2% on the SNES and 1% on the Wii. If only 1% of people who got the console eventually got the game then it can hardly be called a game that moved units. I also think that the only reason it got to 10% on the GC is partially because it didn't sell well. Still, compared to Smash Bros which had 33% on the GC, 15% on the N64 and 11% on the Wii or Mario Kart which had 33% on the GC, 28% on the N64, 16% on the SNES and 34% on the Wii Metroid doesn't look like much of a system seller. However compared to the titles you're talking about on other platforms....

If you're going to lower the bar that much in terms of sales why not just call everything a system seller?

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neightrix

106. Posted:

1.) It's a generation behind in terms of graphics and processing power.
2.) The Wii had comparably poor netcode and connectivity for games, and the PS3/X360 generation were VERY online heavy.
3.) The Wii U needs a Nintendo manufactured, ergonomic gaming controller that feels right in your hands.
4.) They're not marketing towards gamers who carry a competitive mindset.
5.) Smash Bros. 4 isn't out yet.

All jokes aside, the Wii U will start doing better as people start rejecting the XBOne and weighing the PS4 against getting an upgraded graphics card for their PC. You already have access to Netflix, YouTube, and everything else from your computer, smart phone, and we'll all have smart TV's soon as well. The two big things that will stand out for gaming systems will be pure performance(gaming PC/consoles) and group/motion games(Wii U).

Edited on by Neightrix

I like to win.

Twitter: Neightrix

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

107. Posted:

Neightrix wrote:

All jokes aside, the Wii U will start doing better as people start rejecting the XBOne and weighing the PS4 against getting an upgraded graphics card for their PC. You already have access to Netflix, YouTube, and everything else from your computer, smart phone, and we'll all have smart TV's soon as well. The two big things that will stand out for gaming systems will be pure performance(gaming PC/consoles) and group/motion games(Wii U).

QFT on the whole upgrading my graphics card vs. new console thing. Last month amidst all the buzz during E3, I was incredibly close to preordering a PS4. I was on the Amazon page, basically one click away from making it happen. But I stopped myself because really, what does this machine have to offer that my PC doesn't? My PC is a beast, it's hooked up to my TV, have a comfy 360 controller that is completely compatible with most modern releases, and, most importantly, can be upgraded, tweaked, and customized in all ways to my liking. It has access to all the TV/movie programs the consoles do (more, actually), and already has more RAM/better GPU/better CPU/larger HDD than the next-gen consoles. What am I missing? Exclusive games, which I still give the overall nod to Nintendo for, and experiences that can't be replicated on a PC, which is exactly what the gamepad is capable of.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

108. Posted:

I think the gamepad is the coolest controller ever...

I agree about smash bros and other system sellers- heck, I got it for MarioKart and that won't be out for another 9-10 months.

Neightrix wrote:

1.) It's a generation behind in terms of graphics and processing power.
2.) The Wii had comparably poor netcode and connectivity for games, and the PS3/X360 generation were VERY online heavy.
3.) The Wii U needs a Nintendo manufactured, ergonomic gaming controller that feels right in your hands.
4.) They're not marketing towards gamers who carry a competitive mindset.
5.) Smash Bros. 4 isn't out yet.

All jokes aside, the Wii U will start doing better as people start rejecting the XBOne and weighing the PS4 against getting an upgraded graphics card for their PC. You already have access to Netflix, YouTube, and everything else from your computer, smart phone, and we'll all have smart TV's soon as well. The two big things that will stand out for gaming systems will be pure performance(gaming PC/consoles) and group/motion games(Wii U).

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PokeTune

109. Posted:

Whether or not the Wii U is selling gangbusters or not. I think most people will just have to accept the fact that the Wii U will likely be coming in last place this gen such as the did the Gamecube only this time its going to be far worse I fear...

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SRankSaturdays/feed
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Halo:Master Chief Collection
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

110. Posted:

the wii u is not selling because 3 party is porting crappy ports it gets me mad the only companys that does not does that is...short list its sad....capcom ,saga, Warner brothers and sometimes ubisoft.

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

111. Posted:

Neoproteus wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

skywake wrote:

So I don't think that the mass market are just waiting for them to announce some large scale JRPGs, exciting new IPs and a new Metroid Prime. We are waiting for that, the countless other millions are not.

Yet the PS4 and Xbox are going to get quite a few sales off these exact merits. i know a few somewhat casuel gamers (they mostly stick to sports and michael bay games) who want the Xbox and PS4 for .

-The Witcher 3 (Large scale rpg)
-Suneset overdrive (New IP)
-Killer Instinct (a old revival similar to metroid prime)
-Final Fantasy XV (Large scale RPG)
-Knack (New IP)
-The Hope sony will bring back something like Parappa

Why is the other two can sale consoles to both the core and mainstream like this, but Nintendo can't. I'm guessing they've fed into the Nintendo all kiddie and no new IP that most people just seem to ignore the company. I was in a google hangout with a buddy tallking comics and about getting our group podcast sorted out and we started talking about video games, Dude was knew pretty much every xbox one and PS4 games announced but barley knew any Wii U titles. After showing him some games he felt only X and Scribblenauts unmaksed would be something he would enjoy.

What what do you mean these types of games are on the sales charts. Maybe not nintendo projects to this sort but this holiday season Battlefield and Ghosts will be hitting the top two spots. Watch next year how TitanFall, Destiny, and Final Fantasy XV hit top spots for a few months.

Don't forget Kingdom Hearts 3, Killzone Shadowfall, Halo, Diablo 3, Infamous Second Son, Dead Rising 3, and Mirror's Edge 2.

Nintendo has released info on nothing but Mario. Admittedly, Mario is still fun for all ages, but the only ones to go nuts about it are either big fans and thus already own a Wii U, or little kids who like Mario's simple style. This is like if Disney wanted to support a new movie format all on it's own, and released nothing but sequels to princess movies like Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. I'm not saying Nintendo needs to necessarily start making it's own adult games like Grand Theft Auto, but it'd be nice if they tapped into some of their franchises that brought out your inner teenager, like Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, or even Kid Icarus. Even Disney knows it needs to balance out the kiddie stuff with The Avengers, Star Wars, Pirates, Tron, and Ghibli movies. Nintendo's still got nothing to attract a Halo fan, or a Final Fantasy fan, and that's a problem.

Yep all those games are sytem sellers for me. I could comfortably buy either the PS4 and Xbox One based upon its current and future line up. The Only two games I;'ve seen that are must have on the WIi U will be Mario Kart and X and Mario Kart depends on if Nintendo is able to pull out a competent online system.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

112. Posted:

Neightrix wrote:

1.) It's a generation behind in terms of graphics and processing power.
2.) The Wii had comparably poor netcode and connectivity for games, and the PS3/X360 generation were VERY online heavy.
3.) The Wii U needs a Nintendo manufactured, ergonomic gaming controller that feels right in your hands.
4.) They're not marketing towards gamers who carry a competitive mindset.
5.) Smash Bros. 4 isn't out yet.

1. That didn't impact Wii sales, PS2 sales, DS sales or Gameboy Sales. Four of the best selling consoles of all time
2. It did but again, the Wii sold very well indeed so you're probably overestimating the impact of this. Also the Wii U solves those problems
3. It has one in the Pro Controller and the GamePad itself isn't as unergonomic as you claim it is
4. Marketing is an issues but not towards gamers. Gamers know what the Wii U is and why they would get it if they did
5. Yup, software. It lacks any seriously compelling software at this point.

I think people are reading too much into things that aren't big issues in the minds of the consumers. Consumers want content, there isn't much content out yet. If the Wii U takes too long to get that content out then it might have missed its window. But it's content, and the boring old staple Nintendo content at that. It's that simple.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

113. Posted:

I like how this is a thread of people thinking they aren't stating what everyone already knows.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sinanziric

114. Posted:

Why Wii U isn't selling?

THERE ARE NO "M"/ "18" rated EXCLUSIVE GAMES!

Mario Kart is for all ages which is fine. But I want some mature games.

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

AuthorMessage
Avatar

You_Silly_Human

115. Posted:

It only has 2gb of processing RAM with 1 gb dedicated to the OS I heard?? Of course that is too low but it is still a nice machine.

You_Silly_Human