Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 641 to 660 of 15,210

Henmii

"a magical map you'd get in game, that would not only show the location of enemies on the overworld, but would let you zoom in to ground level (kind of like an in game, live, "Google Street View")"

Yeah, something like that. But without anything Google, of course.

Henmii

Justlink

What about a magic cap that lets you shrink, or a demonic mask destroying a placed named after the end in another language, or in the sky with giant birds, or a train, or a boat, or turning into a wolf! Btw, don't steal these ideas, i'm patenting all of them!

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

LzWinky

justlink wrote:

What about a magic cap that lets you shrink, or a demonic mask destroying a placed named after the end in another language, or in the sky with giant birds, or a train, or a boat, or turning into a wolf! Btw, don't steal these ideas, i'm patenting all of them!

Who died and made you Capcom? >:[

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Henmii

I agree with Youtuber Macintyre: I also think that with Hyrule Warriors they are testing the waters for the next Zelda. Hyrule Warriors does mark many first for Zelda: Fast combo gameplay, DLC, playing directly as Zelda and Ganondorf, even some voice-acting (even if it is just some narration). I really wonder what they will lift over to Zelda U. I think a faster battle system with combo's is a given, as is DLC. And I guess peaceful areas suddenly getting overrun by enemies is also likely, seeing as Aonuma already said something like: What happens in a area when you aren't there? He was referring to bases (or areas) getting taken by enemies again.

Whatever they do, I hope they keep the puzzles in.

Henmii

Justlink

I just hope there isn't a giant change from the formula. A Link Between Worlds changed the formula, and I wished it to have more story, so I hope this steps back a bit, but also adds something new, but is still I know its Zelda

Justlink

WaLzgi wrote:

justlink wrote:

Who died and made you Capcom? >:[

Sadly, Capcom after it starts a new mega man game and cancels it

jariw

Henmii wrote:

I agree with Youtuber Macintyre: I also think that with Hyrule Warriors they are testing the waters for the next Zelda. Hyrule Warriors does mark many first for Zelda: Fast combo gameplay, DLC, playing directly as Zelda and Ganondorf, even some voice-acting (even if it is just some narration). I really wonder what they will lift over to Zelda U.

And they also test how Link will travel by car in the new MK8 DLC.

jariw

ClockworkMario

RR529 wrote:

As for gamepad integration:

• It has already been shown that the game will be a bit more high tech than usual, so how about a turret item? Maybe there's something you have to kill/hit that won't come out of it's hiding place unless you're out of sight, so you would have to set up the turret, run behind a rock/bush, and then using the Gamepad as the turret's view, shoot whatever it is when it comes out.

This is an interesting idea and I hope they'll do something similar. They could do this with lot of the items, if there's, say, something a kin to 'the Beetle', the Gamepad could show the viewpoint of these items.

Nintendo also did this really cool trick in Phantom Hourglass, where during a boss fight the upper screen showed the perspective of the boss, which was invisible in the lower screen, so you had to deduce the location of it by looking the world through it's eyes. There's tons of potential, and the Zelda team, if anyone, is capable of tapping into it.

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Henmii

"And they also test how Link will travel by car in the new MK8 DLC"

Lol. No, in the case of Mariokart they are probably testing the waters for a Nintendo all-stars kart!

Henmii

LzWinky

Henmii wrote:

I agree with Youtuber Macintyre: I also think that with Hyrule Warriors they are testing the waters for the next Zelda. Hyrule Warriors does mark many first for Zelda: Fast combo gameplay, DLC, playing directly as Zelda and Ganondorf, even some voice-acting (even if it is just some narration). I really wonder what they will lift over to Zelda U. I think a faster battle system with combo's is a given, as is DLC. And I guess peaceful areas suddenly getting overrun by enemies is also likely, seeing as Aonuma already said something like: What happens in a area when you aren't there? He was referring to bases (or areas) getting taken by enemies again.

Except Hyrule Warriors is non-canon and not developed by the Zelda team. It wasn't meant to actually be a Zelda-style game

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

WaLzgi wrote:

Henmii wrote:

Except Hyrule Warriors is non-canon and not developed by the Zelda team. It wasn't meant to actually be a Zelda-style game

I think Aonuma did actually say Hyrule Warriors helped in some way for the next Zelda, but I'm too lazy to look up a source to see if that's true.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Henmii

"He...he was being sarcastic to point out how silly your logic was. @_@"

I got that, but I think my logic wasn't silly. If he followed the news, he would know that Aonuma originally said they collaborated with Tecmo to make a Zelda game he couldn't make. But later he said that Hyrule warriors has opened his mind regarding Zelda U. And the game got a lot of buzz around the internet. So it isn't unlikely that we will see Hyrule warriors elements in the next Zelda to a certain extent!

Henmii

LzWinky

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Henmii wrote:

I think Aonuma did actually say Hyrule Warriors helped in some way for the next Zelda, but I'm too lazy to look up a source to see if that's true.

There may be some inspiration, but I really doubt it would be that much

HappyHappyist

I hope they bring the faster battle system with several different attacks from HW into ZeldaU. I love being able to choose from a variety of different attacks. past zelda games only had one button to attack, which was really boring. If there are several different attacks, you'll be able to string different strikes together for some sweet combos, which would be sooo good.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Jacob717

Do you think this game will be exactly like the NES but in 3D, or do you think they'll be a story like the recent games?

Jacob717

LzWinky

Dipper723 wrote:

Do you think this game will be exactly like the NES but in 3D, or do you think they'll be a story like the recent games?

Why not both?

insert cheering here

HappyHappyist

WaLzgi wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

Why not both?

insert cheering here

I'd prefer that once you're introduced to the world, it's up to you to discover the story. You don't need to do it and it isn't shoved into your face. You're just put into the world, and the main story is just there in case you feel like doing it, a la Skyrim.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

kkslider5552000

I feel it will be somewhere between Skyrim and Xenoblade for story quests. That makes the most sense to me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

spizzamarozzi

Yeah, I'm all in favour of a story that is never shoved into your face, like in the first game...here's your sword — good luck.
I mean, now that they have a hardware that can support an incredibly vast area without needing to load section after section, they really have the chance to tell everything through exploration. I hope they abandon the ceremonialisms of the latest entries (which I liked, mind you) and go back to a more "terrestrial" kind of storytelling.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic