Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 5,581 to 5,600 of 15,210

-Green-

I always thought some of the characters in TP were pretty ugly and made me cringe.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

At_Lazuli

@Haru17: or that could be a leaked screenshot of the NX port ;D

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Nintendriat: The Zelda game coming to NX launch is infact Skyward Sword HD while Zelda U is Wii U exclusive. NX is actually a VR console with motion controls

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ttsmu

I can't wait to know more details about this game!

ttsmu

jariw

@Haru17: The biggest difference between your SS and TP screenshot is the terrible HUD in TP/Wii. Just about half the screen is covered in game information/status stuff... They fixed the HUD in TP:HD.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Mirror-Image

arronishere wrote:

I prefer SS over TP, even TP HD makes me go 'urgh, this is ugly' a good few times.

As usual, I disagree with you. So what? You don't like the graphics in Twilight Princess. You're in a minority as everyone I've spoken to love the Twilight Princess graphics even if they didn't enjoy the game itself.

By the way, I'm done with my Frappuccino, are you? What flavor did you drink? I went with the mocha. Yummy!

Mirror-Image

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

I prefer SS over TP, even TP HD makes me go 'urgh, this is ugly' a good few times.

I haven't played TP for about 10 years, and don't have TP HD yet, but I agree.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TuVictus

While the textures are definitely very nice, the geometry of TP's world just isn't pretty in my opinion. Well, that is to say it didn't stand the test of time very well.

TuVictus

Haru17

jariw wrote:

@Haru17: The biggest difference between your SS and TP screenshot is the terrible HUD in TP/Wii. Just about half the screen is covered in game information/status stuff... They fixed the HUD in TP:HD.

R u honestly going to make that point in reference to Skyward Sword!? Rly tho?

Untitled

And Twilight Princess was better on the gamecube. Just like Wind Waker you pressed left on the d-pad to hide the map. Not as little UI as I'd want, but it's a Nintendo game—there never is.

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

You can hide the hideous controller on the side of the screen in SS.

You can hide them both, but only Skyward Sword deigned to render a wiimote onscreen.

Chandlero

Haru17 wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

You can hide the hideous controller on the side of the screen in SS.

You can hide them both, but only Skyward Sword deigned to render a wiimote onscreen.

That is not quite right. You can choose in Skyward Sword a "full HUD" with a rendered Wiimote or just a "light HUD" with just the buttons. And you can even chose to hide almost everything as a "pro HUD".

Edited on by Chandlero

Haru17

that'swhatisaidthoughforumdiscussionscircling
thedrainlikethismakemewanttosuffertheten
thousandyearsofdarknesschucknorris
wifesaidwouldhappenwhenobamagotreallected

Don't break the forum with long uninterrupted strings of text. -Morpheel

Edited on by Eel

Chandlero

@Haru17: You never said that SS hat three options for the HUD...

That is better than ever since you can hide all buttons (except for the B-item) and the whole lower screen is free of any stuff. Nintendo did the right thing, there.

Untitled

And the last option, i.e. pro interface, gives you this:

Untitled

Maybe in the next Zelda we get the option to hide everything

Edited on by Chandlero

Haru17

Chandlero wrote:

@Haru17: You never said that SS hat three options for the HUD.

No, I didn't. Because you already knew that, I alluded to that, and overexploiting is the hallmark of being pedantic! I can't even with you internet dweebs sometimes (he said, in sincerity).

Eel

What Haru tries to say is: "my point is that SS thought it was necessary to put a giant wii remote on the screen".

And under that: "Look, I just dislike everything about SS, deal with it".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

And under that: "Look, I just dislike everything about SS, deal with it".

You're not wrong...

Edited on by Haru17

Dezzy

Lets talk about the grass again.
I like that games have now managed to render whole fields of grass, instead of just little clumps. I think Xenoblade Chronicles kickstarted this trend.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Nicolai

@Dezzy: I don't know about the first game, but I didn't like Xenoblade Chronicles X's grass. It didn't move nearly as realistically. Zelda U's grass, however, moves so realistically that it's entertaining to just sit and watch.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

iKhan

I don't get why people hate seeing menus and options on screens. IMO, complaints about stuff like that is what caused the awful UI design trend where software hides as much as possible from view (Looking at you Google Chrome).

I far prefer having full visual access to that stuff. Even in games where it is mostly passive information rather than interactive elements, I like having that stuff available, as I find it helpful.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic