Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 461 to 480 of 15,210

Kewlan

Also, I think they should combine analog stick movement and gyro controls with the bow. First you use the analog stick to do the big movements, then you use the gyro to do that last precise movement!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

erv

Kewlan wrote:

Also, I think they should combine analog stick movement and gyro controls with the bow. First you use the analog stick to do the big movements, then you use the gyro to do that last precise movement!

I've always been amazed why games don't use this. It's a great way to quickly aim in splinter cell or call of duty too, yet few developers seem to implement it.

Anyway, if this is zelda in the way we know it but with a dense overworld that is always different and thus always travelworthy, I'm already happy. But if this has a combat system that owns placed on top of it I'll be even happier.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Blast

Some of the puzzles from Wind Waker were incredibly annoying like that Leaf Temple or whatever. I hope the puzzles are like Ocarina of Time's Master Quest and Twilight Princess.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Kewlan

erv wrote:

Anyway, if this is zelda in the way we know it but with a dense overworld that is always different and thus always travelworthy, I'm already happy. But if this has a combat system that owns placed on top of it I'll be even happier.

Do you mean a random generated world? I'd actually prefer if it always were the same.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Octane

Blast wrote:

Some of the puzzles from Wind Waker were incredibly annoying like that Leaf Temple or whatever. I hope the puzzles are like Ocarina of Time's Master Quest and Twilight Princess.

Leaf Temple? I prefered the puzzles from Wind Waker. In TP it felt as if there was just a lot of backtracking in the dungeons, not a lot of puzzles.

Octane

WhiteNoise17

Ok time some new questions. If Aonuma is changing up the convention of, go to temple and get temple item, does that mean they implement a weapon/item shop like ALBW or you can find weapons/items and their upgrades (if there are any) anywhere? Also will sidequests play a bigger role in this game being more than mini games and trade sequences?

Kewlan wrote:

They didn't do that with Wind Waker HD? It seems like a better way to use long range items a bit more accurately.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

CaviarMeths

Hopefully that means he won't reuse the same lazy design that ALBW did.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Spoony_Tech

I wouldn't mode if we could loot enemies. Yeah, I know that's Elder Scrolls but I still think it could be done the Zelda way. Imagine getting the best bow UN the game from a legendary enemy in a far off corner of the land as opposed to just finding it in a chest. I can dream can't i?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dreamz

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I wouldn't mode if we could loot enemies. Yeah, I know that's Elder Scrolls but I still think it could be done the Zelda way. Imagine getting the best bow UN the game from a legendary enemy in a far off corner of the land as opposed to just finding it in a chest. I can dream can't i?

You can dream, but I really, really don't see that happening.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

WhiteNoise17

@DestinyMan Thanks for the link man, but while that was a definite yes to freedom and choice I'm not sure if that was for the item shop or if there will be another way to choice weapons outside of the dungeons.

Dreamz wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

You can dream, but I really, really don't see that happening.

As much as I would love and think this should make it into the game I kinda agree @Dreamz. The main problem with looting is that you need items to use the loot for and while the Zelda series has tons of items no one game has the same amount as an Elder Scrolls game. Unless the inventory is big enough to justify the reason for looting, why spend time looting a ton monsters for one makeshift item.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

MsJubilee

Im wondering if this game is going to difficult in boss terms?For some reason the bosses should be a challenge just like darksouls has in it's games. Difficult and makes you use the item you need at it's fullest and putting your skills to the test or whatever.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Zizzy

Kewlan wrote:

Do you mean a random generated world? I'd actually prefer if it always were the same.

Not quite randomly generated, but have random events occurring so it isn't the same old map over and over again.

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

Kewlan

I want it to be something like; You find an item in a chest or get it by doing a sidequest, then you can upgrade it from loot from monsters. Also, I want the loot to be basic. Just one item per mob and then the rupees of course. Making it like Skyrim where you can loot everything would kind of ruin it.

Zizzy wrote:

Not quite randomly generated, but have random events occurring so it isn't the same old map over and over again.

Oh ok, that's exactly how I want it too! I mean, imagine you're on your way to a village, but the fastest way gets destroyed by a monster, like in the trailer. That could be one random event.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Dreamz

Kewlan wrote:

I want it to be something like; You find an item in a chest or get it by doing a sidequest, then you can upgrade it from loot from monsters. Also, I want the loot to be basic. Just one item per mob and then the rupees of course. Making it like Skyrim where you can loot everything would kind of ruin it..

You just described Skyward Sword's system?

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Kewlan

Oh yeah, I did ._.
If I remember correctly, it was too easy and too simple to get the items in Skyward Sword. I want the way you acquire them to be more... "exciting".

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Yoshi

Is that just a glorified way to define back tracking?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

In a recent edition of the Japanese feature "Nintendo News", Aonuma continued to talk about features of the Zelda series, including Zelda U.

On what type of Zelda he wants Zelda U to be:

"I still won’t say so much about this, but we made it a theme of sorts to review the commonplaces of Zelda. In the Wii U version, I feel like I have to say, 'the game will take place in a vast world!' For example, 'If you go to the other side of that mountain, what will happen?' or 'I have seen this from this side, but I wonder what appears from the other side?' You can play like this, but you might not be that free in the game quite yet. At this time in the Wii U version, if you just think you can continue walking freely, beyond the mountains, over the valleys, you will just continue to walk until you’re very far away. So how you will play the new Zelda, well… I look forward to how everyone will do so!"

http://nintendoeverything.com/eiji-aonuna-on-the-type-of-zeld...

In other words... Aonuma reaffirms that Legend of Zelda U is a GOTY contender

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Kewlan

Blast wrote:

In other words... Aonuma reaffirms that Legend of Zelda U is a GOTY contender

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Henmii

As for story-telling: They could go for the Metroid Prime approach. On the surface that game didn't have that much story, but thanks to all the optional scans you could get a rich story. In the new Zelda they could add murals, hidden books, hidden scrols, etc.

Henmii

Spoony_Tech

I just hope they don't go the Elder Scrolls route for the story. Too many books to read and too in-depth. Skyward Sword size story is welcome!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic