Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 15,210

kyuubikid213

NightmareEater wrote:

@Aromaiden: I honestly don't see why Link talking is going against the franchise. It's something that people been wanting for some time.

I'll respond to this by saying...once Samus opened her mouth in Other M, people were pissed.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

professorOak

The only way Link talking would really work would be if they kept him as being a true "Link" between the game and player by having there be options and such for dialogue, but at that point I'd still feel that we'd be moving too far away from Zelda and be more making it into a Bioware game.

As to the combat discussion, there's no reason why a second sword can't be an option. He can still have the sword and shield, but there have always been other items Link could use as a weapon in place of just sword-and-shield, like the two-handed sword, ball and chain, etc. Fighting with two swords could be fun, depending on how they implement it and how it changes up the fighting style.

I agree that smarter enemies would be better. I feel like Skyward Sword kind of tried that, but it really just amounted to "get your motion controls exactly right/swing only this specific way", which ended up more frustrating than anything due to the frustrating controls of the game.

Nintendo Network ID: JibbahJabbahwock

CaviarMeths

Bad writing and bad acting shouldn't be used as the measuring stick.

Look at the LEGO games. The humour and charm were there right from the beginning in LEGO Star Wars, but fast forward to LEGO City Undercover and LEGO Jurassic World, fully voice acted, and still hilarious and charming. Voice acting can be done in a way respectful to the series legacy.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I'll respond to this by saying...once Samus opened her mouth in Other M, people were pissed.

I haven't played it. But isn't that more because they just did it badly? Don't they completely ditch the whole lone warrior thing?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

kyuubikid213 wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

@Aromaiden: I honestly don't see why Link talking is going against the franchise. It's something that people been wanting for some time.

I'll respond to this by saying... the writers had never talked to women before.

And, yeah, I'd like to get some backstory on the Sheikah. Especially if they have any shared history with the Twili's ancestors, maybe they were a splinter tribe, etc. That story could be cool if told well.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haiassai

Haru17 wrote:

And, yeah, I'd like to get some backstory on the Sheikah. Especially if they have any shared history with the Twili's ancestors, maybe they were a splinter tribe, etc. That story could be cool if told well.

YES. PLEASE. MORE BACKSTORY. I don't remember if it was here or not, but I remember conversing with someone about this game possibly being before the formation of Hyrule. If that be the case, that would be grand if this title worked with Hylians coming together, possibly understanding why the Gerudos do their own thing, perhaps there being more races...

This is the lore I live for

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Hendesu

I thought of a idea that might be great for Zelda U. Let me explain:
In a few cutscenes or in a battle, the gamepad will statically show the same thing on the TV, but instead of the Link in the game, it shows a different Link in past games. For example, imagine Link going against a classic enemy. (Wolf from Ocarina of Time) While battling the foe on TV, the gamepad will statically show Ocarina of Time Link facing the foe in a area from his game. Or in cutscene, where Link is looking at the ocean, the gamepad shows Toon Link looking at the ocean. But of course, in a few seconds, the different Link on the gamepad will be gone and the Wii U Link reappears. Why? Because his memories of his past incarnations are leaking into him. Or in simple words, he's starting to remember his past. Then in some point in the game, Link will finally remember everything from his incarnations, including their past and obtaining their items from their games. Link decides to end this once and for all, for the sake of his past Links. In the end, Link successfully ends the cycle of Links, but didn't succeed stopping the cycle of Zelda and Ganondoft. (So, the Ganondoft will continue to kidnap Zelda forever!) So typically in the end of the game, Zelda is saved and everyone is happy. But the fun doesn't end there. After beating the game and heading to the shop, you can actually purchase "past Link souls". So when going into a new file, you can actually play as a Link from past games. The only difference that the story is not included. But what about Link? Apparently, ending the cycle of Links means that the last Link. No more Link. Link finally dies in peace. But who will take Link place in the next game? Anyone who's brave enough to save Zelda to be exact. This means that anyone could be the protagonist. This means that Nintendo can make original characters. Or better yet, a female character! (That's almost rare in Nintendo games.) What you think?

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

RR529

NightmareEater wrote:

I thought of a idea that might be great for Zelda U. Let me explain:
In a few cutscenes or in a battle, the gamepad will statically show the same thing on the TV, but instead of the Link in the game, it shows a different Link in past games. For example, imagine Link going against a classic enemy. (Wolf from Ocarina of Time) While battling the foe on TV, the gamepad will statically show Ocarina of Time Link facing the foe in a area from his game. Or in cutscene, where Link is looking at the ocean, the gamepad shows Toon Link looking at the ocean. But of course, in a few seconds, the different Link on the gamepad will be gone and the Wii U Link reappears. Why? Because his memories of his past incarnations are leaking into him. Or in simple words, he's starting to remember his past. Then in some point in the game, Link will finally remember everything from his incarnations, including their past and obtaining their items from their games. Link decides to end this once and for all, for the sake of his past Links. In the end, Link successfully ends the cycle of Links, but didn't succeed stopping the cycle of Zelda and Ganondoft. (So, the Ganondoft will continue to kidnap Zelda forever!) So typically in the end of the game, Zelda is saved and everyone is happy. But the fun doesn't end there. After beating the game and heading to the shop, you can actually purchase "past Link souls". So when going into a new file, you can actually play as a Link from past games. The only difference that the story is not included. But what about Link? Apparently, ending the cycle of Links means that the last Link. No more Link. Link finally dies in peace. But who will take Link place in the next game? Anyone who's brave enough to save Zelda to be exact. This means that anyone could be the protagonist. This means that Nintendo can make original characters. Or better yet, a female character! (That's almost rare in Nintendo games.) What you think?

They did something similar to that in Kingdom Hearts: 365/2 Days, and it was really cool.

You played as Roxas, and during a couple of boss fights, the bottom screen would show a fuzzy image of Sora fighting the same boss (as Sora's memories flowed through Roxas).

It was actually a real time copy of whatever you were doing on the top screen, just with Sora replacing Roxas, and I guess it was supposed to be like Sora's memories were guiding Roxas through the battle as it happened the first time around.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haru17

NightmareEater wrote:

-Psychedelic dream sequence- But who will take Link place in the next game? Anyone who's brave enough to save Zelda to be exact. This means that anyone could be the protagonist. This means that Nintendo can make original characters. Or better yet, a female character! (That's almost rare in Nintendo games.) What you think?

Is ALL of that just means to the end of having a different type of protagonist? Honestly, if they wanted to have a character customizer they could just do that. It's not like reincarnation is dictated by heredity or anything (and even if it was, there could still be female 'Links.')

jump

Sounds like Triforce heroes, random characters fill in the new role of Link but without the convoluted back story.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

Sounds like Triforce heroes, random characters fill in the new role of Link but without the convoluted back story.

'Random heroes' that all happen to be recolors of ASDFK Link.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

'Random heroes' that all happen to be recolors of ASDFK Link.

Only until they start cross dressing and cosplaying.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Hendesu

Haru17 wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

-Psychedelic dream sequence- But who will take Link place in the next game? Anyone who's brave enough to save Zelda to be exact. This means that anyone could be the protagonist. This means that Nintendo can make original characters. Or better yet, a female character! (That's almost rare in Nintendo games.) What you think?

Is ALL of that just means to the end of having a different type of protagonist? Honestly, if they wanted to have a character customizer they could just do that. It's not like reincarnation is dictated by heredity or anything (and even if it was, there could still be female 'Links.')

Actually no. I simply thought of a great idea in my post. My idea wasn't psychedelic at all. It was simply a idea that came to my head. Also, the new protagonist would have a back story. (So the character be unique.)
Finally, female Links? Laughs
I only see that happening when Peach will finally wear a bikini in Mario Sports and when Game Freak realizes that people only care waifu, not batting or catching Pokemon.

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

jump

NightmareEater wrote:

Also, the new protagonist would have a back story. (So the character be unique.)

Turns out they really are another Link PLOT TWIST

Nicolai wrote:

Haru17

NightmareEater wrote:

Finally, female Links? Laughs
I only see that happening when Peach will finally wear a bikini in Mario Sports and when Game Freak realizes that people only care waifu, not batting or catching Pokemon.

The good 'ol Triforce Trio here dies / gets murdered a lot more often than Peach. Reincarnation leaves a lot up in the air, is my point.

-Green-

I wonder what kind of music they will use for this game. Legend of Zelda music tends to be very beautiful and I really enjoyed SS's style.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Nicolai

@Aromaiden: I would love to hear more of that piano routine from the E3. Piano-based scores can be really pretty if done right.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Hendesu

@Aromaiden: If SS style returns, then Groose deserves to be the main character.

[Started 10/31/15]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic