Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,221 to 10,240 of 15,210

MrMeowPuss

@roy130390 Yeah I don't mind playing without the guide, I'm just worried about missing out on something. The fact that you can go straight to the final boss is what worries me since I want to get the most out of this game!

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Wow so the price for the Wii U version exploded. It's now selling at over £15 more than I bought it for:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00KL32AJA/ref=sr_1...

Really considering ditching the Wii U version, making a profit on the purchase, and putting that towards buying a Switch given the framerate issue.

I'm guessing they'll print more copies of the Switch version but not the Wii U version so the prices will probably be slanted based on that.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Nin10dad

Just stopped playing, need to get 4 hours sleep before work! Honestly, this game is everything I expected and more!

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Undead_terror

So ya, scanned the sm4sh Link amiibo, got Epona, didn't register her, and she despawned when I went a lil bit aways, turns out you can only get her once...

Hopefully a workaround I heard about works, if not...if she can't be found by normal means...plz make a update to fix this =w=

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Maxz

The number of "Hey guys! This game! It's so good!" posts is getting ridiculous. But this game! It's so good!

Had anyone done the Robinson Crusoe style quest/trial on the tropical island off the Hateno Coast?

It's legitimate Dark Souls. I'd feel more confident saying that had I actually ever played Dark Souls, but really, it's very very hard. The game is - in general - not afraid to kill you, but neither does it normally punish your death too harshly. Apart from this trial. Plugged about 40 minutes into it, then made one false move and got OHKOed by an errant spear. All gone. And no option to save. I think I'll come back when I've got more hearts. A lot more.

It was fun, and an utterly inspired concept, but... brutal.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

LzWinky

Undead_terror wrote:

So ya, scanned the sm4sh Link amiibo, got Epona, didn't register her, and she despawned when I went a lil bit aways, turns out you can only get her once...

Hopefully a workaround I heard about works, if not...if she can't be found by normal means...plz make a update to fix this =w=

Both Epona and Wolf Link will despawn once you enter certain places. Once this happens, they are gone for the day. However, you can rescan the amiibos the next day and respawn them.

Epona can be registered at any stall, and when this happens, you can get her from any stall in the game without the amiibo.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Maxz wrote:

The number of "Hey guys! This game! It's so good!" posts is getting ridiculous. But this game! It's so good!

Had anyone done the Robinson Crusoe style quest/trial on the tropical island off the Hateno Coast?

It's legitimate Dark Souls. I'd feel more confident saying that had I actually ever played Dark Souls, but really, it's very very hard. The game is - in general - not afraid to kill you, but neither does it normally punish your death too harshly. Apart from this trial. Plugged about 40 minutes into it, then made one false move and got OHKOed by an errant spear. All gone. And no option to save. I think I'll come back when I've got more hearts. A lot more.

It was fun, and an utterly inspired concept, but... brutal.

I did that island challenge where every night had a freaking thunderstorm!

Also, the blood moon happened on Night 3. Total BS

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Undead_terror

@TheLZdragon "When you tap the amiibo, make sure you head straight to the stable and register her – if she dies then she’s gone.

Future taps on the SSB Link amiibo after you get Epona will give you a chance to get pieces of Link’s outfit from past games."

So ya, needless to say, I hope I can still get her.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

shaneoh

Undead_terror wrote:

Got Epona this morning, had to double check the colouring to make sure it was definitely her before I got to the stables. You can't rename her either.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Undead_terror

But she does have the best stats and such, while I would like to have her, my main transportation is the paraglider, with 2 towers left to get, I been on foot and in air all this time.

Henmii

One thing that annoys me is that the item-descriptions appear on screen EVERY SESSION. No matter if you have picked up a mushroom several times, every sessions the description appears.

Oh, and yes I noticed lots of slowdown in the first village. People say this is a problem in the other vilages too. But its not a game-breaker.

Henmii

Ralizah

Yikes. I've played this game almost non-stop all day. I never do that. I feel weak and nauseous, and my eyes hurt...

It really is brilliant, though. Every second of this game has been magical so far (even some of the more annoying shrine puzzles!). THIS is the game the series has been leading to all along.

Speaking of shrines... I've been focusing on finding those since I got the game. And I've only completed 20 so far. And there's apparently 100+ throughout Hyrule. The scale of this adventure is astounding. Yet, everywhere I've been, I've found something interesting to do or discover.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

OorWullie

I just unintentionally created my most memorable moment of the game so far.No spoilers,just a personal experience I just had there that I have to write down.

Tired of my slow,easy to tame horse called Ringo I went hunting for another on Blatchery Plain.One jet black horse with a white main caught my eye.Something told me she was going to be a feisty one and indeed she was.She kept knocking me off before I could get her trust.I tried 4 or 5 times to no avail.I assumed I didn't have enough stamina so I thought I'll try to swallow a stamina booster just before she sends me flying.I brought up my menu in just the nick of time,turns out I didn't have anything to boost it.I closed the menu,managed to hit L a couple of more times and,bam I had her trust.I knew then this was going to be my horse for a while.I didn't bother taking her to the stable to register her,I headed off for Kakariko Village.Turns out she was my fastest horse yet at level 4 speed.She just wasn't being obedient for me though,always resisting,trying to go her own way.I was constantly having to show her affection.Anyways,this continued for a while,she wasn't happy in Kakariko especially.So after some time left the village and ended up on Pierre Plateau and she was still frequently resisting. After admiring some views I ended up on Bonooru's Stand for the first time,it was incredible. Galloping at full speed over the rolling hills with the sun setting behind us,I finally had her trust.She was happy,I was happy.

As we headed down the steep hill from Bonoooru's Stand towards Lake Siela,I noticed she started to slip at parts.I got control of her again but then she'd slip some more.I didn't think there was any danger though.I kept pushing her further down the hill until eventually her legs gave way and we started sliding down the hill together at an increasing rate.I was not able to take back control,it was out my hands.We slipped further and further and I was sure we were going off the edge but then we fell into this narrow crevice.it eventually slowed us down to a halt.There we are stuck in this narrow crevice with a huge drop below us and no way out,at least together.She wasn't happy,neighing like a mad horse.There was no way to get her out though whatsoever,we could turn a little bit to each side but was it.I thought I'm going to have to jump off and just leave here there.I really didn't want to do that after the experience I just had with her.

Then it happened,she started to slip again,desperately trying to regain her footing but it wasn't happening.We were going down and falling a long way onto a rocky surface just above Lake Siela.Then just the split second before she fell from the edge,i instinctively jumped off and clung to the cliff.Looking down as my horse plummeted to the rocky surface below,looking at me all the way until she disappeared altogether.I quickly made my way down to see if I could find her but to no avail.She was gone.

I spent the next few minutes pondering the untimely demise of my horse, was she dead,would she appear back in the stable?Then it came to me,I hadn't even registered or named her.She was for certain gone forever.

I really didn't mean to rabble on there as much but that but that was a really incredible personal experience I'm not sure I've ever experienced in a game.I was so immersed in the game with that horse for about 30 minutes when that happened.

What a game!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

SomeBitTripFan

@Maxz @TheLZdragon: Did that mission today. Had some really unfortunate deaths the first two times around. Had a funny instance there as well:

The Moblin and Blue Bokoblin both were struck by lightning during a storm, so I didn't even have to fight them when clearing out their camp.

Progress:

I cleared Lanayru's Divine Beast. I've done a reasonable amount of exploration, but haven't attempted to wander too far off the established path.

Overall, this is on a fast track for becoming my favorite Zelda and favorite game ever. I can't really think of a reason I could rate any other game higher. I know I'm just scratching the surface of this game (or at most maybe a nibble), but it's been three days of complete enjoyment. I can't think of a moment that's been dull, I basically refuse to fast travel. This is a true high mark for the series (although there are still a few more performance dips than I'd like). I just have to wonder what the next game will do to try and match this. So yeah, mark me up in the "endlessly gushing with praise for this game" group of people. I'll happily find my seat, or stand if there aren't enough chairs.

Also, moments that really stood out to me: A Bokoblin set his club on fire and ran into a patch of grass to attack me. He and his friends all caught on fire and died. Lightning, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Any Rube Goldberg-esque chain reaction.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Henmii

"Unless you changed a setting it shouldn't do that. The only item descriptions that come up multiple times are for stuff you pick up from chests or if you get a reward/gift from someone"

I didn't know there's something about this in the options menu. The only thing I changed was the jumping (mapping it to b, feels more natural that way).

Henmii

Maxz

Anyone know where I can reliably pick up a traveller's sword. I know it's one of the first weapons you get in the game, but I'm still having trouble finding one.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Octane

Maxz wrote:

Anyone know where I can reliably pick up a traveller's sword. I know it's one of the first weapons you get in the game, but I'm still having trouble finding one.

Same here. I've owned several of them, but now I need one and I can't find it anymore... I guess some Bokoblins carry them? Don't know if they respawn though.

Octane

whodatninja

@Dezzy Purposely limiting supply of the Wii U version. Nintendo really are the worst when it comes to this.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

gcunit

Isn't this game just fantastic?

I'd just left the Great Plateau and was making my way on foot along the river towards the gap between the two peaks in the vague direction of Kakariko Village. I'd just despatched a small camp of bokoblins and my heart sank, just a little, because for the first time the game just felt a little 'samey', but for multiple reasons it didn't last long and I fell in love all over again shortly afterwards.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic