Wii U Forum

Topic: The depressing state of the WiiU release schedule

Showing 341 to 360 of 374

AuthorMessage

brooks83

341. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

@gage_wolf
So why do you drag me into this? I haven't been in this conversation for awhile. I can't find reasons people are buying PS4s outside of HYPE. If PS3 is such a good console then why get a PS4 currently (outside of being a InFamous fan)? You can't play any of those great PS3 titles and most of the biggest PS3 series don't have sequels yet (Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet). So outside of hype, why are so many people buying PS4s?

The same reason people buy any console in it's first year: future potential. They know that those franchises you listed are coming.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Blast

342. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

@gage_wolf
So why do you drag me into this? I haven't been in this conversation for awhile. I can't find reasons people are buying PS4s outside of HYPE. If PS3 is such a good console then why get a PS4 currently (outside of being a InFamous fan)? You can't play any of those great PS3 titles and most of the biggest PS3 series don't have sequels yet (Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet). So outside of hype, why are so many people buying PS4s?

I used to ask myself why so many people was buying the PS4, too until it hit me that... Sony's marketing for the PS4 was/is amazing, alotta PS3 owners got bored and want the next thing which is the PS4, and the potential the PS4 has for the future. It has a bright future.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

343. Posted:

I'm not sure why anyone buys anything other than the vastly superior Wii U either

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

344. Posted:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@gage_wolf

I used to ask myself why so many people was buying the PS4, too until it hit me that... Sony's marketing for the PS4 was/is amazing, alotta PS3 owners got bored and want the next thing which is the PS4, and the potential the PS4 has for the future. It has a bright future.

Just curious when did you get your Wii U?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Blast

345. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@gage_wolf

About 2 months ago! I got the Wind Waker HD bundle and Super Mario 3D World as my first games.

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

346. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

@gage_wolf

Don't underestimate the power of Hype. Star Wars: The Old Republic topped a million subscribers at launch due to nothing but an out of control hype train, and the game cratered to the point where it was forced to go free-to-play only months later. Only time will tell if the PS4 is more like the TORtanic or Game of Thrones (self-fulfilling hype cycle).

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

Action51

347. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

Nintendo has basically pulled a Metallica. They went from doing everything right (from a shareholders' perspective, not necessarily gamers) and seeing insane sales with the Wii to basically blowing every opportunity with the Wii U. It's not the media, as the Wii U was getting a lot of great positive press this Christmas. The only thing I see working directly against Nintendo are themselves.

While I absolutely agree Nintendo is responsible for some of their failure to move more Wii U consoles, it's only part of the story. Nintendo is still making great games, and their hardware and software is bug free and reliable well above industry standards. The product is good, but the audience is unresponsive and the competition is fierce.

Please never compare Nintendo to Metallica again, your analogy could not be more off base. Metallica started off as very much pioneers of metal...outside the mainstream, defiant, and not very popular because their fast, heavy sound and deeply political lyrics were off putting. Then they started making more commercially acceptable mainstream music and got greedy. - Pretty much the opposite of Nintendo.

Action51

AuthorMessage

Action51

348. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

Nintendo has basically pulled a Metallica. They went from doing everything right (from a shareholders' perspective, not necessarily gamers) and seeing insane sales with the Wii to basically blowing every opportunity with the Wii U. It's not the media, as the Wii U was getting a lot of great positive press this Christmas. The only thing I see working directly against Nintendo are themselves.

While I absolutely agree Nintendo is responsible for some of their failure to move more Wii U consoles, it's only part of the story. Nintendo is still making great games, and their hardware and software is bug free and reliable well above industry standards. The product is good, but the audience is unresponsive and the competition is fierce.

Please never compare Nintendo to Metallica again, your analogy could not be more off base. Metallica started off as very much pioneers of metal...outside the mainstream, defiant, and not very popular because their fast, heavy sound and deeply political lyrics were off putting. Then they started making more commercially acceptable mainstream music and got greedy. - Pretty much the opposite of Nintendo.

Action51

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

349. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@gage_wolf

About 2 months ago! I got the Wind Waker HD bundle and Super Mario 3D World as my first games.

Did you get it because you saw potential in the system (ie for future games that were coming out) or for the games already out?

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

Blast

350. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@gage_wolf

Did you get it because you saw potential in the system (ie for future games that were coming out) or for the games already out?

BOTH!!!! :D

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

351. Posted:

@Blast this is less directed at you more so at @DefHalan
This would be why most people brought PS4's their are games they want that are out and games coming out in the future (GOW, Uncharted, The order 1886) they want just like the people who brought Wii U's (for SSB4, X and MK8) and Xbox One's (Halo and other stuff) just more people see the potential in PS4 currently this isn't really that surprising given Sony's track record.

Edited on by Jazzer94

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

BinaryFragger

352. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

So outside of hype, why are so many people buying PS4s?

Same reason I bought a 3DS on launch day despite the system's pitiful launch lineup. I knew it was just a matter of time before the great games began to flow, and sure enough, I had a backlog of 3DS games at the system's first anniversary.
PS4 owners feel that the good games are coming, and we'll probably see a ton of them at the upcoming E3.

Edited on by BinaryFragger

BinaryFragger

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7793-8308 | Nintendo Network ID: binaryfragger

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

353. Posted:

I bought a Wii U at launch for Zombi U. Potential normally doesn't make big sales like the PS4 is doing. This is why I asked earlier "why did people buy their PS4s?" Sony's track record is to have horrible service in the beginning of the console lifespan then get gradually better, so why is PS4 doing so well early on? They don't have as many exclusives as Wii U and they have the same 3rd Party as last gen or Xbox One and PC is more powerful for around the same price. (Maybe a little more but you can do a lot more with a PC) These are the reasons I am confused by PS4's sales.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

354. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I bought a Wii U at launch for Zombi U. Potential normally doesn't make big sales like the PS4 is doing. This is why I asked earlier "why did people buy their PS4s?" Sony's track record is to have horrible service in the beginning of the console lifespan then get gradually better, so why is PS4 doing so well early on? They don't have as many exclusives as Wii U and they have the same 3rd Party as last gen or Xbox One and PC is more powerful for around the same price. (Maybe a little more but you can do a lot more with a PC) These are the reasons I am confused by PS4's sales.

Scroll back a few pages. We already answered your confusion

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

355. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

You mean InFamous? A game that didn't have too impressive of sales on PS3

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

356. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Hype, good price for powerful tech, great marketing, more hype, impressive quantity of titles including both indie and major releases, etc.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

357. Posted:

@DefHalan How can with you still be confused when so many people have answered your question including PS4 owners.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

358. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Hype, good price for powerful tech, great marketing, more hype, impressive quantity of titles including both indie and major releases, etc.

So hype... I addressed your other reasons already.

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

359. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

So hype... I addressed your other reasons already.

So it boils down to the fact you're blind to reality and would rather stay ignorant, cool I think we're done here guys.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

360. Posted:

The point is that there is criticism for all consoles, and PS4 continues to sell well, despite said criticism.

$¢@®³’²