Topic: The depressing state of the WiiU release schedule

Showing 321 to 340 of 374

AuthorMessage

gage_wolf

321. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

Action51 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I can't help but feel that you are putting WAY too much thought into this...

Almost as much thought as some of the people who tirelessly troll forums and message boards to attack a console they have no intention of buying, and the existence of which has no bearing on the enjoyment of the entertainment products they prefer.

Better to put thought into something you care about then endless negativity, don't you think?

Also, there is 16 pages of people posting stuff just as long and involved as my post that you don't use the "dismiss it like you're above it" tactic on...but you take it upon yourself to call out my post...which kind of proves my point about the double standards. :)

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a personal attack against you. I guess sometimes I forget how things were before I had a wife, two kids and a full time job. Now with the very limited time I have to play games, I'd rather be playing them than analyzing what other gamers think. But nothing wrong with doing that, back in the day I'd be right their with you ;)

And yet you find the time to read and post on this forum... Comes off a bit condescending and hypocritical, jus sayin.

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage

brooks83

322. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Action51 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Almost as much thought as some of the people who tirelessly troll forums and message boards to attack a console they have no intention of buying, and the existence of which has no bearing on the enjoyment of the entertainment products they prefer.

Better to put thought into something you care about then endless negativity, don't you think?

Also, there is 16 pages of people posting stuff just as long and involved as my post that you don't use the "dismiss it like you're above it" tactic on...but you take it upon yourself to call out my post...which kind of proves my point about the double standards. :)

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a personal attack against you. I guess sometimes I forget how things were before I had a wife, two kids and a full time job. Now with the very limited time I have to play games, I'd rather be playing them than analyzing what other gamers think. But nothing wrong with doing that, back in the day I'd be right their with you ;)

And yet you find the time to read and post on this forum... Comes off a bit condescending and hypocritical, jus sayin.

I've been reading and posting on this forum since 2008. I don't feel I am being condescending and hypocritical, but if I came off that way I already apologized. I can share some wisdom I have learned over the years, though. And this is not me being condescending, just friendly advice. What does it really matter what other people think about Nintendo? Odds are, no matter what you say on a forum, you aren't going to change anybody's mind. Just like you have an opinion that the Wii U is the best console, there are others that feel the same about the Xbox One or PS4. Just play the games you want to play and have fun.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

gage_wolf

323. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Action51 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I've been reading and posting on this forum since 2008. I don't feel I am being condescending and hypocritical, but if I came off that way I already apologized. I can share some wisdom I have learned over the years, though. And this is not me being condescending, just friendly advice. What does it really matter what other people think about Nintendo? Odds are, no matter what you say on a forum, you aren't going to change anybody's mind. Just like you have an opinion that the Wii U is the best console, there are others that feel the same about the Xbox One or PS4. Just play the games you want to play and have fun.

You're right, doling out unsolicited advice isn't condescending at all. If you have no interest in other people's opinions or sentiments why even bother visiting this forum and posting then?

"Just like you have an opinion that the Wii U is the best console..." No one in this thread has said that, so who are you even giving advice to?

Thanks for stopping by.

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

324. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Action51 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

You're right, doling out unsolicited advice isn't condescending at all. If you have no interest in other people's opinions or sentiments why even bother visiting this forum and posting then?

"Just like you have an opinion that the Wii U is the best console..." No one in this thread has said that, so who are you even giving advice to?

Thanks for stopping by.

Leave my precious little tomato head alone!
Untitled
I enjoy the 5 posts he makes a year. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

brooks83

325. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Action51 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Thanks for stopping by.

Lol, ok Gage. I guess after reading Action51's post I should assume he's an Xbox One fan. In all seriousness, my whole point was "ignore and don't stress about the haters." Video games are meant to be fun. If you feel that message is condescending then I'm sorry.

And thanks Waveboy. Your radical posts are part of what keep me posting here 5 ttimes a year lol

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

326. Posted:

@Brooks83
You know it! Where there's a wave...there's a tomato.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2952907/mad-scientists-kille...
I miss the numerous posts about how underrated and awesome Cursed mountain is. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Action51

327. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

In all seriousness, my whole point was "ignore and don't stress about the haters."

Well, I'm pretty sure your point was to dismiss my posts by making a snarky little comment about me. Now here we are talking about you and not the topic of the thread.

I could have said the same thing about "putting WAY too much thought into this" to all the other posters on the 16 (now 17) pages of responses prior to my chiming in, but I chose to discuss the topic instead...which is weird on a forum, right?

Discussing the topic...so last year!

Action51

AuthorMessage

brooks83

328. Posted:

Action51 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

In all seriousness, my whole point was "ignore and don't stress about the haters."

Well, I'm pretty sure your point was to dismiss my posts by making a snarky little comment about me. Now here we are talking about you and not the topic of the thread.

I could have said the same thing about "putting WAY too much thought into this" to all the other posters on the 16 (now 17) pages of responses prior to my chiming in, but I chose to discuss the topic instead...which is weird on a forum, right?

Well, technically the topic is "the depressing state of the Wii U release schedule" and you were discussing the creation of a new term "medium-casual" and double standards in the game media, etc. Although in fairness you did discuss "game droughts" in a small part of your wall of text. :p

Look, it was a snarky comment that I made, but it wasn't meant in malice. I suppose I should have put a smiley face after it or something. I'm sorry. Anyways, moving on to the topic: I have enough Wii, VC, and WiiWare games to probably last twenty years, so when I eventually get my Wii U (shouldn't be too much longer) the droughts won't affect me much. Plus now I have all the launch Wii U games to catch up on ;)

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage

faint

329. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

Action51 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Well, technically the topic is "the depressing state of the Wii U schedule" and you were discussing the creation of a new term "medium-casual" and double standards in the game media, etc. Although in fairness you did discuss "game droughts" in a small part of your wall of text. :p

Look, it was a snarky comment that I made, but it wasn't meant in malice. I suppose I should have put a smiley face after it or something. I'm sorry. Anyways, moving on to th topic: I have enough Wii, VC, and WiiWare games to probably last twenty years, so when I eventually get my Wii U (shouldn't be too much longer) the droughts won't affect me much. Plus now I have all the launch Wii U games to catch up on ;)

you are now my second favorite poster only after MAB.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

brooks83

330. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Brooks83
I miss the numerous posts about how underrated and awesome Cursed mountain is. :P

Hahaha, Cursed Mountain IS underrated. Did you ever play it?

brooks83

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

331. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Brooks83

Hahaha, Cursed Mountain IS underrated. Did you ever play it?

Nope! not yet. However, you were the one that spiked my 'Cursed Mountain' curiosity. If a talking 8-bit tomato recommends it, than i'm board. ;) You and i are in the same boat though in regards to the Wii U. Crazy enough, i bought the basic model(only because it was white, going 'black' just doesn't seem Nintendo-y imo)during launch day back in NOV 2012 but it's still sealed in my closet. lol Why? well that's because i've been plugging away at my Wii backlog because unlike many gamers on this site my modern gaming habits tend to run at a snails pace. I hate shifting to next gen nintendo when i personally feel that i haven't gotten the most out of their previous console. But enough is enough, time to shred this sucker open as soon as I pick up a new 55" HDTV. the current plasma i own is too dim for my liking and i'd honestly hate to use it for the Wii U. :P

PS: The retro/Wii VC forum misses you, it's like a giant burger in there without ketchup. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

332. Posted:

Why is this idea that the gamepad has to revolutionize how we play games so prevalent? Is it not enough that it's a really solid controller that brings some nifty features with it?

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

333. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

Why is this idea that the gamepad has to revolutionize how we play games so prevalent? Is it not enough that it's a really solid controller that brings some nifty features with it?

Nintendo put themselves in this position. They pushed the Gamepad as something revolutionary and did very little with it so far aside from off-TV play and Nintendo Land/Game and Wario

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

gage_wolf

334. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

Because that's how Nintendo sold it to us. Gamepad! Gamepad! Gamepad! Watch the E3 reveal again:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Ff5dCl5rA

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

335. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Nintendo put themselves in this position. They pushed the Gamepad as something revolutionary and did very little with it so far aside from off-TV play and Nintendo Land/Game and Wario

Microsoft and Playstation did the exact same with the Move and Kinect, yet they weren't raked over the coals for it.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

336. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Microsoft and Playstation did the exact same with the Move and Kinect, yet they weren't raked over the coals for it.

They didn't make the entire console revolve around them. Nintendo has made the entire console revolve around it.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

gage_wolf

337. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

PS Move and 360 Kinect aren't required. They are optional purchases, so therefore the systems themselves aren't measured by how well these peripherals are utilized. I own a PS3 and do not own a PS Move, so if PS Move games stopped being released it's no sweat off my back. The gamepad is required to use a Wii U, therefore it's going to be much more focused on and criticized alongside the console itself. (copied and pasted from my response a few pages back)

Edited on by gage_wolf

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage

Action51

338. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

PS Move and 360 Kinect aren't required. They are optional purchases, so therefore the systems themselves aren't measured by how well these peripherals are utilized. I own a PS3 and do not own a PS Move, so if PS Move games stopped being released it's no sweat off my back. The gamepad is required to use a Wii U, therefore it's going to be much more focused on and criticized alongside the console itself. (copied and pasted from my response a few pages back)

How can I say this without putting too much thought into it:

Okay, well the gamepad is a generally good idea and most people who own a Wii U like it. If the Wii U had sold better everyone would be hailing the gamepad as an awesome and genius idea.

Unfortunately Nintendo's lack of effective marketing and several factors are working against Nintendo at the start of this "gen" like the continuation of reluctant third party support, a trend towards the popularity of the sort of games Nintendo does not specialize in, a hostile gaming media, and he rise of mobile gaming.

Now is Kinect 2.0 a really terrible idea as a mandatory accessory...especially after the gaming media and even the casual market had declared motion controls dead? Whether or not the general consensus is that mandatory Kinect 2.0 is a brilliant idea or terrible gimmick will depend on how many units the XBOXONE sells. Same with the gamepad. If the Wii U can manage to pull itself out of the doldrums and be something of a success, that's how people will judge the merits of the gamepad.

Hope I didn't put too much thought into that.

Action51

AuthorMessage

gage_wolf

339. Posted:

@Action51

"If the Wii U had sold better everyone would be hailing the gamepad as an awesome and genius idea."

The same can be said about any product...ever. "Everyone really loved their Zune, and if just more people would have bought it everyone would have realized how brilliant is was!" But instead everyone bought iPods. Why? Because Apple had more buzz, a trending "cool" factor, and a very streamlined connectivity system.

Currently, most people are buying PS4s. And as much as certain people like to paint it as some kind of fluke (cough cough DefHalan), it seems pretty obvious why: Sony has had possibly the greatest run of consecutive videogame consoles possibly ever, and their marketing is consistently pretty damn good. So, if the PS Move didn't blow people away, it's not exactly a deal breaker. Meanwhile, Nintendo has basically pulled a Metallica. They went from doing everything right (from a shareholders' perspective, not necessarily gamers) and seeing insane sales with the Wii to basically blowing every opportunity with the Wii U. It's not the media, as the Wii U was getting a lot of great positive press this Christmas. The only thing I see working directly against Nintendo are themselves. Clean up the messaging. Get games released on time. Don't make stupid moves like releasing the Wii Mini alongside the first big Wii U Christmas...

I personally feel that the merits of the gamepad should be apparent now, and other than a few half-baked features like off-TV (with severely short range) and OK-ish web browsing, I'm not seeing them. The system has been out longer than a year. If Nintendo can't find reasons to use the friggin' thing in their games by now, well then when? Next year? The gamepad getting moved to the backburner doesn't make the Wii U a failure, but it does weaken Nintendo's messaging. The other systems are more powerful with a whole lot of extra bells and whistles. The gamepad is what sets the Wii U apart, what makes it unique, and not just another under powered Nintendo console. But if Nintendo can't find a reason to use it their big title games, well then who's gonna see the appeal? Not third party devs and certainly not the consumer who's on the fence about which system to buy.

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

340. Posted:

@gage_wolf
So why do you drag me into this? I haven't been in this conversation for awhile. I can't find reasons people are buying PS4s outside of HYPE. If PS3 is such a good console then why get a PS4 currently (outside of being a InFamous fan)? You can't play any of those great PS3 titles and most of the biggest PS3 series don't have sequels yet (Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet). So outside of hype, why are so many people buying PS4s?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan