Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 181 to 200 of 559

CaviarMeths

I still can't believe that SE hyped up something FF7 related for the conference, then got on stage, and announced a straight port of the PC version to PS4. Biggest troll moment of the year. Seeing the backlash unfold in real time was a thing of wonder.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

I still can't believe that SE hyped up something FF7 related for the conference, then got on stage, and announced a straight port of the PC version to PS4. Biggest troll moment of the year. Seeing the backlash unfold in real time was a thing of wonder.

I'm glad you mentioned that... Because... On that same day, a Final Fantasy developer was like, "Final Fantasy's home is PlayStation!!!!!". So maybe Tantalus new game isn't Final Fantasy related. I keep forgetting that Konami and Square Enix treats Sony like a best friend.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

I'm glad you mentioned that... Because... On that same day, a Final Fantasy developer was like, "Final Fantasy's home is PlayStation!!!!!". So maybe Tantalus new game isn't Final Fantasy related. I keep forgetting that Konami and Square Enix treats Sony like a best friend.

Konami definitely, but SE has been much more diverse lately. They've been supporting all systems very well, from PS4 to mobile. Their strategy has shifted from "AAA and mobile ports!" to "let's do everything!"

The only thing they really suck at right now is getting their classics on eShop/PSN. It's been 3 years since their last release.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ungravitify

Im still crossing my fingers for a FF13 trilogy or kingdom hearts collection quite honestly its strange that kingdom hearts 3 isnt on wii U even a downgraded version. Mostly due to the fact that there is a fanbase on nintendo consoles and the prequel to KH3 is on the nintendo 3ds.

Edited on by Ungravitify

3ds Friend code : 1504 6894 9383
Name: Rave

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

Konami definitely, but SE has been much more diverse lately. They've been supporting all systems very well, from PS4 to mobile. Their strategy has shifted from "AAA and mobile ports!" to "let's do everything!"

The only thing they really suck at right now is getting their classics on eShop/PSN. It's been 3 years since their last release.

Hmmm... Thanks. Hahaha I'll stay hopeful that Square Enix is behind Tantalus then. And it is sad that SE is lacking in VC support.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Ungravitify wrote:

Im still crossing my fingers for a FF13 trilogy or kingdom hearts collection quite honestly its strange that kingdom hearts 3 isnt on wii U even a downgraded version. Mostly due to the fact that there is a fanbase on nintendo consoles and the prequel to KH3 is on the nintendo 3ds.

Ohmygawd its very unfortunate... Xbox One is getting Kingdom Hearts 3 and hasn't gotten any Kingdom Hearts games. They deserve to experience the story, too. Kingdom Hearts has been on Nintendo handhelds for a very long time, has caused a very loyal fanbase but Wii U isn't getting Kingdom Hearts 3. Its complicated though... Because sales and specs might have a hand in this. That's why I'm hoping Square Enix is supporting a Kingdom Hearts collection for Wii U.

Master of the Hype Train

ricklongo

Blast wrote:

Ungravitify wrote:

Ohmygawd its very unfortunate... Xbox One is getting Kingdom Hearts 3 and hasn't gotten any Kingdom Hearts games. They deserve to experience the story, too. Kingdom Hearts has been on Nintendo handhelds for a very long time, has caused a very loyal fanbase but Wii U isn't getting Kingdom Hearts 3. Its complicated though... Because sales and specs might have a hand in this. That's why I'm hoping Square Enix is supporting a Kingdom Hearts collection for Wii U.

I have a hard time beieving the new Kingdom Hearts game wouldn't be able to run on Wii U. It's probably more due to Square Enix not thinking there will be enough of an install base by the time the game's released, which is sad.

I'm not exactly a fan of KH, but I'd certainly give it a try on the Wii U.

Edited on by ricklongo

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Blast

ricklongo wrote:

Blast wrote:

Ungravitify wrote:

I have a hard time beieving the new Kingdom Hearts game wouldn't be able to run on Wii U. It's probably more due to Square Enix not thinking there will be enough of an install base by the time the game's released, which is sad.

I'm not exactly a fan of KH, but I'd certainly give it a try on the Wii U.

KH is a very fun action JRPG series with crazy storylines and very complex characters. It has its flaws but I really do enjoy the series. I hope the series hits Wii U in some form.

Master of the Hype Train

Cyberbotv2

I believe the game coming to Wii U is the remastered reboot of Tomb Raider.

Cyberbotv2

Jaz007

Cyberbotv2 wrote:

I believe the game coming to Wii U is the remastered reboot of Tomb Raider.

It's mature, so it can't be.

Jaz007

Blast

I gotta keep expectations low... Don't get excited too much... Expect the worse... expect the worse...
TANTALUS AAA GAME FOR WII U HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

GrailUK

I have a feeling it's Destiny....

....and I'm ok with that

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Inkling

GrailUK wrote:

....and I'm ok with that

It's not a mature game, so no, not Destiny.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jaz007

Inkling wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

....and I'm ok with that

It's not a mature game, so no, not Destiny.

They aren't porting a mature game though. Or am I missing a joke? In any case, I still don't think it will be Destiny for previously listed reasons by me.

Jaz007

GrailUK

Destiny was T for Teen wasn't it? My bad if not

Edited on by GrailUK

Jaz007

GrailUK wrote:

Destiny was T for Teen wasn't it? My bad if not

You're right, it is rated T.

Jaz007

GrailUK

Mass Effect and Deus Ex were pegi 18 (M for Mature). Destiny was pegi 16 (T for Teen). Its all rather exciting anyways

Edited on by GrailUK

Grawbad

Despite the internet hate on the game, I love Destiny. I have poured as many hours into it as I have many of the JRPGs that I love and I still want to keep playing.

Grawbad

jasonbrr

GrailUK wrote:

Mass Effect and Deus Ex were pegi 18 (M for Mature). Destiny was pegi 16 (T for Teen). Its all rather exciting anyways

Destiny is rated T for Teen here in Canada. But I doubt its that. Hopefully a Nintendo Direct will happen soon and it will be announced then.

jasonbrr

MsJubilee

jasonbrr wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Destiny is rated T for Teen here in Canada. But I doubt its that. Hopefully a Nintendo Direct will happen soon and it will be announced then.

Watch it be a movie game that would be hilarious!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.