Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,441 to 8,460 of 27,917

MrWalkieTalkie

@Romeo I'm sure Game & Watch hasn't been officially added yet because it would seem sorta strange for him, 1 veteran, to be added on the same day as 3 newcomers. They just really wanted to feature him in the Pac-Man trailer for that fun fact. Once all the huge talk and attention being given to our recent newcomers dies down, I'm sure they'll add Game & Watch.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Kewlan

DestinyMan wrote:

When I was playing at Smash Fest and looked at all the alternate colors for Pit, there was no black Pit. Hmmm...

Dark Pit as an alternate skin with his own voice yet to be confirmed?

Good find!
Could this be a sign? Maybe they're hiding certain costumes? (Or they weren't finished)
Also, this might not matter, but in the trailer Dark Pit appeared AFTER Normal Pit had disappeared, maybe hinting that Pit had "changed costumes"?

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Joeynator3000

Kewlan wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

When I was playing at Smash Fest and looked at all the alternate colors for Pit, there was no black Pit. Hmmm...

Dark Pit as an alternate skin with his own voice yet to be confirmed?

Good find!
Could this be a sign? Maybe they're hiding certain costumes? (Or they weren't finished)
Also, this might not matter, but in the trailer Dark Pit appeared AFTER Normal Pit had disappeared, maybe hinting that Pit had "changed costumes"?

I just hope they ass Viridi in as an alternate form for Palutena...why do we have to hear her voice in the trailer, it's so tormenting. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

IceClimbers

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-thread-for-the-sa...

So there was a third part to the Gematsu leak that came about 40 minutes before the Digital Event. It reiterated the six newcomers from the previous leaks that hadn't been confirmed at the time (ie: Before Palutena, Mii Fighter, and Pac-Man's reveal). It also said there was an internal debate on whether to cut Lucas or Ness and that Lucas is likely to get the boot. It also said there is post-launch character DLC in the planning.

What's interesting is that this part listed Mii Fighter, while the previous two leaks only listed Mii. Mii Fighters is what's listed on the official Smash website.

Also, the fact that they even considered cutting Ness shows that the Original 12 rule might be moot. We might be holding the original 12 on too high a pedestal.

Bye-bye Lucas

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

2Pac

IceClimbers wrote:

So there was a third part to the Gematsu leak that came about 40 minutes before the Digital Event. It reiterated the six newcomers from the previous leaks that hadn't been confirmed at the time (ie: Before Palutena, Mii Fighter, and Pac-Man's reveal). It also said there was an internal debate on whether to cut Lucas or Ness and that Lucas is likely to get the boot. It also said there is post-launch character DLC in the planning.

What's interesting is that this part listed Mii Fighter, while the previous two leaks only listed Mii. Mii Fighters is what's listed on the official Smash website.

Also, the fact that they even considered cutting Ness shows that the Original 12 rule might be moot. We might be holding the original 12 on too high a pedestal.

Bye-bye Lucas

All three of those characters were already likely. They arnt gonna remove Ness.

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

DreamyViridi

Speaking of the website, it's been polished pretty well. The two pieces of box art, the 3DS's is particular, makes me wonder if all of the characters shown on it will be available from the start. I say this because Marth is there, who was always a locked character.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

IceClimbers

BusterRed123 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Bye-bye Lucas

All three of those characters were already likely. They arnt gonna remove Ness.

It reiterated Chrom, Shulk, and Chrous Men/Marshall as well. No, they aren't gonna remove Ness, but they did consider it. The fact that they even considered it at all seems to make the Original 12 rule null and void. Lucas was actually going to replace Ness in Melee, but Mother 3 wasn't out yet so he was kept until Brawl, and Ness was safe.

Lucas might be getting the boot. Not guaranteed, but still possible.

IceClimbers

Either way, we'll know the full roster on September 13, which is when the 3DS version launches in Japan.

Joeynator3000

Didn't Sakurai say he was going to try and keep Brawl's roster for the most part? We all thought Ike was going to be cut and replaced, but he ended up staying.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

IceClimbers

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Didn't Sakurai say he was going to try and keep Brawl's roster for the most part? We all thought Ike was going to be cut and replaced, but he ended up staying.

That's true. Of course, the leak doesn't say when this debate happened. Could have happened over a year ago.

The_Ninja

Marshall would make a funny character. He would be unique, but personally if I had to choose between him and G&W, it would be G&W. He has the most unique moveset ever IMO but I think Marshall could have a unique one too. I think I can make one right now for him even though I've never played Rythm Heaven. His moves could be based on all the minigames.
Anyways, about the black pit, I'm thinking that alt costumes are unlockable. For example, if you beat classic mode with Pit you get a dark pit costume with his own voice. Or if you beat classic mode with mario you unlock an 8 bit Mario costume, which has retro sound effects and fireballs become 8bit, kinda how toon link has almost the same moves as Link but in a more toony style.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Kewlan

@NintendoMonkey Yeah I'm thinking that too, that the costumes will be unlockables. We might not even hear about it until we unlock it ourselves.
Being able to unlock an 8-bit version of every character... YES!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

IceClimbers

@DestinyMan Interesting. Yeah, Jigglypuff is in trouble then. The only evidence for keeping her in if the Original 12 rule is null and void is her being a Fairy type now, and being able to have a completely new moveset based upon that. Otherwise, she could be replaced by Mewtwo for all we know. Both Lucas and Ness may still be in though, as it didn't say that one of them was for sure going to be cut.

The first part of the leak is 100% true, the second part is mostly true (Palutena and Pokemon from X/Y confirmed, Chorus Men/Marshall pretty much confirmed thanks to Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash Run), and the third part is still up in the air.

Now, a good question is if there are more newcomers that aren't part of the Gematsu leak other than Rosalina. DLC excluded.

MrWalkieTalkie

Hints that possibly allude to other fighters. Feel free to add others as I'm sure I'm forgetting some:

Samurai Goroh = Captain Falcon
Untitled

Polar Bear = Ice Climbers
Untitled

Sneaky Spirit = Marshall / Choir Kids
Untitled

Kremlings = King K. Rool
Untitled

Franklin Badge & Mr. Saturn = Ness and Lucas
Untitled Untitled

Ashley = Wario
Untitled

Arena Ferox = Chrom
Untitled

Halberd = Meta Knight
Untitled

And these are a bit of a stretch, but trust me there are people out there who believe these so I'll add them too.

Balloon Fight = Balloon Fighter
Untitled

Fat Little Mac trophy = Captain Rainbow
Untitled

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

SCRAPPER392

Now we just need a Konami rep

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Inkling

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Hints that possibly allude to other fighters. Feel free to add others as I'm sure I'm forgetting some:

Samurai Goroh = Captain Falcon
Untitled

Polar Bear = Ice Climbers
Untitled

Sneaky Spirit = Marshall / Choir Kids
Untitled

Kremlings = King K. Rool
Untitled

Franklin Badge & Mr. Saturn = Ness and Lucas
Untitled Untitled

Ashley = Wario
Untitled

Arena Ferox = Chrom
Untitled

Halberd = Meta Knight
Untitled

And these are a bit of a stretch, but trust me there are people out there who believe these so I'll add them too.

Balloon Fight = Balloon Fighter
Untitled

Fat Little Mac trophy = Captain Rainbow
Untitled

I think the Balloon Fighter is represented by the Villager as his recovery move is the Balloon pose with balloons, and Captain Rainbow would be great but first release it over here (Europe and US)

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Now we just need a Konami rep

We had one in the form of Snake.

I know, but new Metal Gear Solid games have basically never been on Nintendo systems, I'd rather have Bomberman or any other character that actually has presence on Nintendo platforms. Pacman makes more sense than any other Namco rep, for example.

Even Simon Belmont or Bill Rizor would make more sense than Snake. Since Konami owns Hudson, Bomberman would probably make the most sense. All they would have to do is release an eShop Bomberman or some Bomberman VC games, and it wouldn't be any worse than Megaman, IMO.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic