Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 28,771

TwilightV

skywake wrote:

If this thread is going to be the "official" one someone should change the title to "Super Smash Bros U thread" or something similar.

The sole reason I hardly ever post here. : /

TwilightV

theStyleWithin

I hope there would be more use for the in-game camera feature that lets you take pictures when you pause a brawl and view different angels. What I would really love to see is a personal comic studio that takes all those in-pics that you've snapped and downloads them to the studio which has a tool bar that lets you drag and drop something the symbol for anger, talk and thought boxes, tapping on the boxes then pulls out the touch keypad for you too fill in what says. I would love to use this feature to make my own Smash Bros. parody! Who doesn't love a good Smash Bros. parody? I once on Super Smash Bros. Brawl snapped a pic of Falco jumping over Samus in a sommersalt position. I thought it be so funny if I had the ability to use that pic and make a comic out of it I had an idea to put a thought box over Falco and make it say:I think I'll poop right here. So you think that Falco is about to poop on Samus. Think about how many hours we could spend making parodies over fighting sometimes. 1 person who hasn't unlocked the studio could be like looking to see whose online in Smash Bros 4 through his friendslist and sees ppl on but he can't fight anybody because there all TOO BUSY MAKING COMICS! LOL!

First earth destroy the other planets later!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Age of Empires 2 Conquerors Exansion
Fire Emblem Awakening
Theatrerythm Final Fantasy
Darksiders 2
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2891-3100 | Nintendo Network ID: theStyleWithin

Captain_Balko

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

@Captain_Balko

I agree with everything you said, except for Little Mac and the additional Sonic characters being playable.

You don't think Little Mac should be in the game? Why not? I mean, Punch Out!! is a well liked Nintendo series, and he could have a diverse move set. His B-up could be a flying uppercut, his B-down could be a dodge-counter, his B-side could be a combo punch move similar to that of Marth's B-side (except with his fists instead of a sword), and his B could be a punch to charge. All of his A attacks would be assorted boxing moves, and his final smash would be a three star punch. He makes perfect sense, as he was already an assist trophy.

Captain_Balko

FuzzyPickles94

@Captain_Baiko: Those wall of text man. Try to avoid them by spacing out paragraphs.

I think certain characters could do well. Aside from King K. Rool and Mega Man, Mario could also do with Dr. Mario returning as an alternate costume.

For game play idea, I'd prefer that more characters get chains (a la Marth's Dancing Sword) and possibly another special before we get multiple Final Smashes.

Now for character ideas:

Tails, Knuckles and Amy: Sonic was introduced in Brawl, so why not introduce Tails, Knuckles and Amy? I mean, Shadow was already an assist trophy, so perhaps him as well, but I'd rather focus on the big three first. Tails has all sorts of moves he could use, from his tail sweep to a flying B-up move, to his final smash being an attack with his plane, the Tornado. Knuckles has a bunch of good moves as well, most of them revolving around his fist. Finally, Amy could attack mostly with her hammer. I was also thinking about Metal Sonic as a character, but perhaps he'd be better suited as one of Sonic's "forms".

I like Tails, but I don't see us getting a second Sonic rep. The problem with a second Sonic rep is that most people would rather see a third-party from another series or another company. Plus adding third-parties is excruciatingly difficult as Sakurai noted that fitting third-parties is in some ways, harder than making the game itself. We are not getting more than two new third-parties and they're going to come from different companies.

Also, I forgot to mention Chrom. He needs to be in the game.

Chrom definitely does not need to be in the game. Not saying he's a bad choice, but he's not going to make a big difference in sales.

Edited on by FuzzyPickles94

FuzzyPickles94

Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Captain_Balko

astarisborn94 wrote:

@Captain_Baiko: Those wall of text man. Try to avoid them by spacing out paragraphs.

I think certain characters could do well. Aside from King K. Rool and Mega Man, Mario could also do with Dr. Mario returning as an alternate costume.

For game play idea, I'd prefer that more characters get chains (a la Marth's Dancing Sword) and possibly another special before we get multiple Final Smashes.

Now for character ideas:

Tails, Knuckles and Amy: Sonic was introduced in Brawl, so why not introduce Tails, Knuckles and Amy? I mean, Shadow was already an assist trophy, so perhaps him as well, but I'd rather focus on the big three first. Tails has all sorts of moves he could use, from his tail sweep to a flying B-up move, to his final smash being an attack with his plane, the Tornado. Knuckles has a bunch of good moves as well, most of them revolving around his fist. Finally, Amy could attack mostly with her hammer. I was also thinking about Metal Sonic as a character, but perhaps he'd be better suited as one of Sonic's "forms".

I like Tails, but I don't see us getting a second Sonic rep. The problem with a second Sonic rep is that most people would rather see a third-party from another series or another company. Plus adding third-parties is excruciatingly difficult as Sakurai noted that fitting third-parties is in some ways, harder than making the game itself. We are not getting more than two new third-parties and they're going to come from different companies.

Also, I forgot to mention Chrom. He needs to be in the game.

Chrom definitely does not need to be in the game. Not saying he's a bad choice, but he's not going to make a big difference in sales.

First of all, spaced out my paragraphs so things are easier to read, sorry about the wall of text, but I'm used to pressing tab to separate paragraphs (I did press enter, just not enough in some cases) and I can't do that while posting for some reason (it just deselects the posting box).

Also, I mentioned those Sonic characters because I remember Sakurai saying that he would not be adding third party characters willy nilly, because that would take away the game. However, Sonic is already "established", as he was a character in Brawl (so was Snake, so I'm guessing we might be seeing more MGS characters as well), which means that there is more room for Sonic characters than random 3rd party characters. I'm not saying there won't be a couple, but I think that they want to introduce third party characters slowly, and then build off of that.

Captain_Balko

Snagrio

Quite honestly the only 3rd party characters I'll be expecting to have the best chance is Mega Man and Pac Man/some Tales person (most likely Lloyd). Rayman would be a nice unexpected surprise though.

As for the 1st party division, Palutena, K. Rool, Chrom, Ridley (maybe), one of the new Captains from Pikmin 3 with the new Pikmin species in tow, and some obscure retro character are the most plausible candidates in my book.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

theStyleWithin

Characters I want in are Hatsune Miku, Goku, Majin Buu, Banjo and Kazooie, Bomberman, Klonoa, Spyro, Darth Vader, Link to be able to transform into Wolf Link, Krystal to replace Falco cuz we already got a lot of characters with guns nobody fights with a staff, Toad, Conker, Tails, Shadow, Iron Man, thats all I can remember.

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Fire Emblem Awakening
Darksiders 2
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

TheKingOfTown

@theyStyleWithin
You forgot Homer Simpson and SpongeBob

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

FuzzyPickles94

If we're naming off potential newcomers, here's basically what I feel the pool is:
Untitled

Some of these like Geno are a stretch, but I'd be very surprised if anyone outside of here got in. Cress Albane is also on here, but the Roster Maker 5.0 doesn't have him.

Captain_Baiko wrote:

Also, I mentioned those Sonic characters because I remember Sakurai saying that he would not be adding third party characters willy nilly, because that would take away the game. However, Sonic is already "established", as he was a character in Brawl (so was Snake, so I'm guessing we might be seeing more MGS characters as well), which means that there is more room for Sonic characters than random 3rd party characters. I'm not saying there won't be a couple, but I think that they want to introduce third party characters slowly, and then build off of that.

Just because Sonic got in doesn't mean that he's guarantee to stay, let alone get new reps. Remember that Sakurai said the third-parties are extremely hard to fit in and that goes for all of them. By willy-nilly, he doesn't make exceptions for whenever or not the third-party is from a veteran series or a new series; they're still going to be incredibly hard to fit in.

Third-parties don't follow the same rules at Nintendo characters, especially when we're not even guarantee to get them back.

FuzzyPickles94

zoroarkrules25

astarisborn94 wrote:

If we're naming off potential newcomers, here's basically what I feel the pool is:
Untitled

Some of these like Geno are a stretch, but I'd be very surprised if anyone outside of here got in. Cress Albane is also on here, but the Roster Maker 5.0 doesn't have him.

I like that list but mewtwo and pichu could be considered veterans. Also evidence suggests pichu is in brawl but has replaced the old pikachu when it evolved. Mewtwo is likely because of his new form( forms?) Also geno has a better chance then most 3rd parties since sakurai likes classics, geno is a mario character, and that brawl seems to have had him at first but took him out.

Captain_Baiko wrote:

Just because Sonic got in doesn't mean that he's guarantee to stay, let alone get new reps. Remember that Sakurai said the third-parties are extremely hard to fit in and that goes for all of them. By willy-nilly, he doesn't make exceptions for whenever or not the third-party is from a veteran series or a new series; they're still going to be incredibly hard to fit in.

Third-parties don't follow the same rules at Nintendo characters, especially when we're not even guarantee to get them back.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

theStyleWithin

TheKingOfTown wrote:

@theyStyleWithin
You forgot Homer Simpson and SpongeBob

um... No I didn't. Who the hell would want Spongbob in Smash Bros all hes gonna b able to is laugh annoying while Donkey Kong uses him as a punching bag! I don't kno where ur getting by saying I forgot 2 characters I didn't bother to mention because why? I didn't mention them in the first place. Put them on your list don't go putting words into my mouth like I request Homer and Spongbob.

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Fire Emblem Awakening
Darksiders 2
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

theStyleWithin

shinpichu wrote:

@theStyleWithin
Falco is a "gun user"? You're taking a single move of a character and using it to completely define that character? Plus, all guns work exactly the same, right?

there are too many gun users or you broaden that a say shooters does that make u feel better? Look we get Link who shoots bows on arrows, Zelda casts fire balls of magic, Pit shoots laser arrows I guess, Wolf, Fox, Falco all shoots laser way more then we need I think! Do we really need 3 characters that do the same thing? Diddy Kong shoots peanuts, Mario fireballs, who else shoots?

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Fire Emblem Awakening
Darksiders 2
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

shinpichu

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

@theStyleWithin
Falco is a "gun user"? You're taking a single move of a character and using it to completely define that character? Plus, all guns work exactly the same, right?

there are too many gun users or you broaden that a say shooters does that make u feel better? Look we get Link who shoots bows on arrows, Zelda casts fire balls of magic, Pit shoots laser arrows I guess, Wolf, Fox, Falco all shoots laser way more then we need I think! Do we really need 3 characters that do the same thing? Diddy t Kong shoots peanuts, Mario fireballs, who else shoots?

By that logic you should be complaining that there are too many characters that punch things. Jeez, I thought the people who complained about swords were bad...

Almost all the guns in Smash function completely differently. Fox's, Falco's, and Wolf's lasers, while superficially similar, have nothing in common in terms of actual funtionality.

Also, again, way to write off a character based on 1/17 of their moves. I bet you're one of those people that think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone, too.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

FuzzyPickles94

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I like that list but mewtwo and pichu could be considered veterans. Also evidence suggests pichu is in brawl but has replaced the old pikachu when it evolved. Mewtwo is likely because of his new form( forms?) Also geno has a better chance then most 3rd parties since sakurai likes classics, geno is a mario character, and that brawl seems to have had him at first but took him out.

• True, but I put them in there because of the fact they failed to appear in Brawl. Speaking of which, I forgot to put Dr. Mario in there, will need to re-edit my list.
  • What evidence suggest that Pichu replaced the old Pikachu? Why does it matter anyway since Pichu was ultimately cut from Brawl?
  • Geno had massive popularity during pre-Brawl and still has decent popularity to this day, but that's the only reason why he's even on it. Geno's main obstacle is having to worry about Square saying "no" to him in favor of another rep (which I don't see Sakurai accepting if he doesn't get Geno) and Geno being very unimportant. Would be a cool character, but he just barely made my list here.

FuzzyPickles94

shinpichu

astarisborn94 wrote:

• What evidence suggest that Pichu replaced the old Pikachu? Why does it matter anyway since Pichu was ultimately cut from Brawl?

DYKGaming went over this in one of their Smash vids, but the theory comes from the fact that Pikachu in Brawl seemingly inherited some stuff from Melee Pikachu, like the blue goggles costume and the ability to Wall Jump(Melee Pikachu can't WJ IIRC), plus the fact that his FS is Volt Tackle, which can only be learned as a Pichu.

Captain_Balko

astarisborn94 wrote:

Untitled

Captain_Baiko wrote:

I still think that Sakurai is going to do whatever he damn pleases. The fact of the matter is, we can speculate all we want, but in the end our rules mean absolutely nothing to him. I mean, before he was announced, would you believe that Snake was going to be in Brawl? Because I sure wouldn't. He makes his own rules, and whether I'm right and he mostly builds on established characters or you're right and he gets rid of 3rd Party characters only time will tell. Also, I think your roster is a little off. You're missing Yarn Kirby (or perhaps Prince Fluff), Hades, and Dillon, who are all considered pretty likely candidates. And I don't see characters like Toad (he's already one of Peach's attacks), Waluigi (is barely considered a real Mario character - he was literally invented for Mario Tennis), and Mach Rider as playable characters.

Captain_Balko

shinpichu

Captain_Balko wrote:

I still think that Sakurai is going to do whatever he damn pleases. The fact of the matter is, we can speculate all we want, but in the end our rules mean absolutely nothing to him. I mean, before he was announced, would you believe that Snake was going to be in Brawl? Because I sure wouldn't. He makes his own rules, and whether I'm right and he mostly builds on established characters or you're right and he gets rid of 3rd Party characters only time will tell. Also, I think your roster is a little off. You're missing Yarn Kirby (or perhaps Prince Fluff), Hades, and Dillon, who are all considered pretty likely candidates. And I don't see characters like Toad (he's already one of Peach's attacks), Waluigi (is barely considered a real Mario character - he was literally invented for Mario Tennis), and Mach Rider as playable characters.

I'm sorry, but I RARELY see Yarn Kirby/Prince Fluff or Hades come up. "Bandana" Waddle Dee and Palutena, respectivly, are considered much more likely fro their franchises, at least in my experience.

Rezalack

astarisborn94 wrote:

Untitled

I can't believe Bomberman isn't on that list. He has always been a classic Nintendo character to me. They should also add the Harvest Moon guy to that list too.. whatever his name may be. I think King K Rool would be a great addition to SSB and I wouldn't mind seeing Little Mac or Geno either. A lot of those other characters would just feel like reskins.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic