Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 581 to 600 of 27,917

Snagrio

Quite honestly the only 3rd party characters I'll be expecting to have the best chance is Mega Man and Pac Man/some Tales person (most likely Lloyd). Rayman would be a nice unexpected surprise though.

As for the 1st party division, Palutena, K. Rool, Chrom, Ridley (maybe), one of the new Captains from Pikmin 3 with the new Pikmin species in tow, and some obscure retro character are the most plausible candidates in my book.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

theStyleWithin

Characters I want in are Hatsune Miku, Goku, Majin Buu, Banjo and Kazooie, Bomberman, Klonoa, Spyro, Darth Vader, Link to be able to transform into Wolf Link, Krystal to replace Falco cuz we already got a lot of characters with guns nobody fights with a staff, Toad, Conker, Tails, Shadow, Iron Man, thats all I can remember.

First earth destroy the other planets later!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Age of Empires 2 Conquerors Exansion
Fire Emblem Awakening
Theatrerythm Final Fantasy
Darksiders 2
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2891-3100 | Nintendo Network ID: theStyleWithin

TheKingOfTown

@theyStyleWithin
You forgot Homer Simpson and SpongeBob

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

ItsFuzzyPickles

If we're naming off potential newcomers, here's basically what I feel the pool is:
Untitled

Some of these like Geno are a stretch, but I'd be very surprised if anyone outside of here got in. Cress Albane is also on here, but the Roster Maker 5.0 doesn't have him.

Captain_Baiko wrote:

Also, I mentioned those Sonic characters because I remember Sakurai saying that he would not be adding third party characters willy nilly, because that would take away the game. However, Sonic is already "established", as he was a character in Brawl (so was Snake, so I'm guessing we might be seeing more MGS characters as well), which means that there is more room for Sonic characters than random 3rd party characters. I'm not saying there won't be a couple, but I think that they want to introduce third party characters slowly, and then build off of that.

Just because Sonic got in doesn't mean that he's guarantee to stay, let alone get new reps. Remember that Sakurai said the third-parties are extremely hard to fit in and that goes for all of them. By willy-nilly, he doesn't make exceptions for whenever or not the third-party is from a veteran series or a new series; they're still going to be incredibly hard to fit in.

Third-parties don't follow the same rules at Nintendo characters, especially when we're not even guarantee to get them back.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

zoroarkrules25

astarisborn94 wrote:

If we're naming off potential newcomers, here's basically what I feel the pool is:
Untitled

Some of these like Geno are a stretch, but I'd be very surprised if anyone outside of here got in. Cress Albane is also on here, but the Roster Maker 5.0 doesn't have him.

I like that list but mewtwo and pichu could be considered veterans. Also evidence suggests pichu is in brawl but has replaced the old pikachu when it evolved. Mewtwo is likely because of his new form( forms?) Also geno has a better chance then most 3rd parties since sakurai likes classics, geno is a mario character, and that brawl seems to have had him at first but took him out.

Captain_Baiko wrote:

Also, I mentioned those Sonic characters because I remember Sakurai saying that he would not be adding third party characters willy nilly, because that would take away the game. However, Sonic is already "established", as he was a character in Brawl (so was Snake, so I'm guessing we might be seeing more MGS characters as well), which means that there is more room for Sonic characters than random 3rd party characters. I'm not saying there won't be a couple, but I think that they want to introduce third party characters slowly, and then build off of that.

Just because Sonic got in doesn't mean that he's guarantee to stay, let alone get new reps. Remember that Sakurai said the third-parties are extremely hard to fit in and that goes for all of them. By willy-nilly, he doesn't make exceptions for whenever or not the third-party is from a veteran series or a new series; they're still going to be incredibly hard to fit in.

Third-parties don't follow the same rules at Nintendo characters, especially when we're not even guarantee to get them back.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

theStyleWithin

TheKingOfTown wrote:

@theyStyleWithin
You forgot Homer Simpson and SpongeBob

um... No I didn't. Who the hell would want Spongbob in Smash Bros all hes gonna b able to is laugh annoying while Donkey Kong uses him as a punching bag! I don't kno where ur getting by saying I forgot 2 characters I didn't bother to mention because why? I didn't mention them in the first place. Put them on your list don't go putting words into my mouth like I request Homer and Spongbob.

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Fire Emblem Awakening
Darksiders 2
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

theStyleWithin

shinpichu wrote:

@theStyleWithin
Falco is a "gun user"? You're taking a single move of a character and using it to completely define that character? Plus, all guns work exactly the same, right?

there are too many gun users or you broaden that a say shooters does that make u feel better? Look we get Link who shoots bows on arrows, Zelda casts fire balls of magic, Pit shoots laser arrows I guess, Wolf, Fox, Falco all shoots laser way more then we need I think! Do we really need 3 characters that do the same thing? Diddy Kong shoots peanuts, Mario fireballs, who else shoots?

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Fire Emblem Awakening
Darksiders 2
Nintendoland
Neopets.com

shinpichu

theStyleWithin wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

@theStyleWithin
Falco is a "gun user"? You're taking a single move of a character and using it to completely define that character? Plus, all guns work exactly the same, right?

there are too many gun users or you broaden that a say shooters does that make u feel better? Look we get Link who shoots bows on arrows, Zelda casts fire balls of magic, Pit shoots laser arrows I guess, Wolf, Fox, Falco all shoots laser way more then we need I think! Do we really need 3 characters that do the same thing? Diddy t Kong shoots peanuts, Mario fireballs, who else shoots?

By that logic you should be complaining that there are too many characters that punch things. Jeez, I thought the people who complained about swords were bad...

Almost all the guns in Smash function completely differently. Fox's, Falco's, and Wolf's lasers, while superficially similar, have nothing in common in terms of actual funtionality.

Also, again, way to write off a character based on 1/17 of their moves. I bet you're one of those people that think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone, too.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

ItsFuzzyPickles

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I like that list but mewtwo and pichu could be considered veterans. Also evidence suggests pichu is in brawl but has replaced the old pikachu when it evolved. Mewtwo is likely because of his new form( forms?) Also geno has a better chance then most 3rd parties since sakurai likes classics, geno is a mario character, and that brawl seems to have had him at first but took him out.

• True, but I put them in there because of the fact they failed to appear in Brawl. Speaking of which, I forgot to put Dr. Mario in there, will need to re-edit my list.
  • What evidence suggest that Pichu replaced the old Pikachu? Why does it matter anyway since Pichu was ultimately cut from Brawl?
  • Geno had massive popularity during pre-Brawl and still has decent popularity to this day, but that's the only reason why he's even on it. Geno's main obstacle is having to worry about Square saying "no" to him in favor of another rep (which I don't see Sakurai accepting if he doesn't get Geno) and Geno being very unimportant. Would be a cool character, but he just barely made my list here.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

shinpichu

astarisborn94 wrote:

• What evidence suggest that Pichu replaced the old Pikachu? Why does it matter anyway since Pichu was ultimately cut from Brawl?

DYKGaming went over this in one of their Smash vids, but the theory comes from the fact that Pikachu in Brawl seemingly inherited some stuff from Melee Pikachu, like the blue goggles costume and the ability to Wall Jump(Melee Pikachu can't WJ IIRC), plus the fact that his FS is Volt Tackle, which can only be learned as a Pichu.

Captain_Balko

astarisborn94 wrote:

Untitled

Captain_Baiko wrote:

I still think that Sakurai is going to do whatever he damn pleases. The fact of the matter is, we can speculate all we want, but in the end our rules mean absolutely nothing to him. I mean, before he was announced, would you believe that Snake was going to be in Brawl? Because I sure wouldn't. He makes his own rules, and whether I'm right and he mostly builds on established characters or you're right and he gets rid of 3rd Party characters only time will tell. Also, I think your roster is a little off. You're missing Yarn Kirby (or perhaps Prince Fluff), Hades, and Dillon, who are all considered pretty likely candidates. And I don't see characters like Toad (he's already one of Peach's attacks), Waluigi (is barely considered a real Mario character - he was literally invented for Mario Tennis), and Mach Rider as playable characters.

Captain_Balko

shinpichu

Captain_Balko wrote:

I still think that Sakurai is going to do whatever he damn pleases. The fact of the matter is, we can speculate all we want, but in the end our rules mean absolutely nothing to him. I mean, before he was announced, would you believe that Snake was going to be in Brawl? Because I sure wouldn't. He makes his own rules, and whether I'm right and he mostly builds on established characters or you're right and he gets rid of 3rd Party characters only time will tell. Also, I think your roster is a little off. You're missing Yarn Kirby (or perhaps Prince Fluff), Hades, and Dillon, who are all considered pretty likely candidates. And I don't see characters like Toad (he's already one of Peach's attacks), Waluigi (is barely considered a real Mario character - he was literally invented for Mario Tennis), and Mach Rider as playable characters.

I'm sorry, but I RARELY see Yarn Kirby/Prince Fluff or Hades come up. "Bandana" Waddle Dee and Palutena, respectivly, are considered much more likely fro their franchises, at least in my experience.

Rezalack

astarisborn94 wrote:

Untitled

I can't believe Bomberman isn't on that list. He has always been a classic Nintendo character to me. They should also add the Harvest Moon guy to that list too.. whatever his name may be. I think King K Rool would be a great addition to SSB and I wouldn't mind seeing Little Mac or Geno either. A lot of those other characters would just feel like reskins.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Captain_Balko

shinpichu wrote:

Captain_Balko wrote:

I'm sorry, but I RARELY see Yarn Kirby/Prince Fluff or Hades come up. "Bandana" Waddle Dee and Palutena, respectivly, are considered much more likely fro their franchises, at least in my experience.

A Nintendo magazine did a poll, and both Hades and Yarn Yoshi were in the top ten voted in (also Magnus, Prof Layton, Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and Dillon were up there as well). And I'd love to see Palutena as a playable character... and now that I think about it, Bandana Waddle Dee too... I was just mentioning characters I heard about in that poll.

Edited on by Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko

shinpichu

Spuratis wrote:

astarisborn94 wrote:

Untitled

I can't believe Bomberman isn't on that list. He has always been a classic Nintendo character to me. They should also add the Harvest Moon guy to that list too.. whatever his name may be. I think King K Rool would be a great addition to SSB and I wouldn't mind seeing Little Mac or Geno either. A lot of those other characters would just feel like reskins.

I'd love Bomberman, but the problem is he's currently owned by Konami, and we don't know whether or not Sakurai would have a problem with having more than one character per third party company.

shinpichu

Captain_Balko wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Captain_Balko wrote:

A Nintendo magazine did a poll, and both Hades and Yarn Yoshi were in the top ten voted in (also Magnus, Prof Layton, Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and Dillon were up there as well). And I'd love to see Palutena as a playable character... and now that I think about it, Bandana Waddle Dee too... I was just mentioning characters I heard about in that poll.

[citation needed]

Could you link to the poll? Also, not sure that one poll means that a character is widely liked. Remember, Dunsparce made it into the finals of that VGTribune poll that happened a while ago.

Rezalack

shinpichu wrote:

I'd love Bomberman, but the problem is he's currently owned by Konami, and we don't know whether or not Sakurai would have a problem with having more than one character per third party company.

Well, that's disappointing. I wasn't aware of that.. I figured there was some kind of issue though. Here's to hoping for him anyway. For all the Castlevania games Nintendo has had, you'd think they would try and get Simon Belmont, too.. but obviously therein lies the same problem.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

shinpichu

Spuratis wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Well, that's disappointing. I wasn't aware of that.. I figured there was some kind of issue though. Here's to hoping for him anyway. For all the Castlevania games Nintendo has had, you'd think they would try and get Simon Belmont, too.. but obviously therein lies the same problem.

Yeah. It's kinda dissapointning. Though we've never actually heard Sakurai say only one third party character per company, but given how restrictiv he seems in regards to third parties it wouldn't surprise me.

Though on the plus side, if we can't get Simon we might get Aeron(from Pandora's Tower) He uses a whip/chain thingy, so he could always have a Castlevania character-esque moveset.

Snagrio

Captain_Balko wrote:

I still think that Sakurai is going to do whatever he damn pleases. The fact of the matter is, we can speculate all we want, but in the end our rules mean absolutely nothing to him.

It pretty much all boils down to that. We can speculate all we want, but ultimately it's completely out of our hands. So really there is no point in arguing who's going to be in, but of course, this IS how a lot of us spend our free time...

The bottom line is, until E3, we know practically nothing except that there will be a Wii U and 3DS version.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic