Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,481 to 5,500 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Ah, I don't think it's all that dramatic. We can disagree without hating each other, even if our words get a little heated. More to the point, something we haven't discussed at all, as of late, that I can't believe I've let slip: music! What are some songs you think should be represented in the Wii U version? (I'll post something similar in the 3DS thread for the sake of discussion, there! EDIT: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/super_smash_bros_3ds_r... Oh, look! I did!)

A few picks from myself:

Big Top Bop - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
I just can't get this one out of my head. It's a great song for a fight, too, and could easily represent the boxing ring or any DK stage you please! Maybe there's a DK64 version of the boxing ring hiding from us?

Team Flare Grun - Pokemon X and Y
Fire-themed Poke'mon level, anyone? Maybe based on Gen 3's volcano? Ok, maybe I'm stretching it, but this could be on just about any Poke'mon stage, really.

Fatalize - Tales of Symphonia (or any of the versions of this from the Tales series. It's been used AT LEAST three times)
I really want Lloyd in this game! D: You won't convince me he's not in!

I DUN GOOFED AND PUT THE POKEMON TRACK IN THIS THREAD! (But who says it can't be in both games?)

There were certain words that people used that in my opinion went a bit too far, and might be best left of a discussion on something recreational.

Anyway, oh god music. Too many to really do justice if i tried to go over it here. That seems like a conversation best done in person over drinks and with multiple computers open. A game music party haha. I'd geek out too much maybe.

On a side note, after a four year dry spell I'm not single anymore! How i went through a four year period being single in my mid-twenties is beyond me.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Snagrio

The Galaxy stage should be pretty easy. The music from that game doesn't even need any remixing.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

TysonOfTime

Hey, apologies if this has been posted already, but my friend just sent me this rumor.
I don't believe rumors, but I do think they're interesting to share.

Rumor wrote:

Smash U Leak-
Hey, Gamefaqers (Is that the right term to use? Lol.) Just to get this out of the way now, I am not a leaker. There is no way that I can confirm nor deny that this information is true. It is all unverified rumors unless otherwise proven true. I just made this account today in order to post these rumors. Now that that’s settled, let’s move on to how I got this information. I do not have a friend who conveniently works at Nintendo/Sora Ltd/Namco-Bandai. I am basically part of a special society of people who do intensive research on the game by completely legal means. It is impossible to easily explain what we do. However, I can tell you we don’t browse files on the companies’ computers, or play test demos, or work with Sakurai, or do any of that harebrained stuff. People who claim to do this are just pulling your leg. You probably already knew that, but after looking through some of the “leaks” posted here, I felt the need to clarify just in case.

I’ll try to make this rumor list as concise as possible for your convenience.

-Link’s Gale Boomerang and Toon Link’s Boomerang return.
-Kirby’s Swallow returns. A new mechanic strengthens his swallowing power when B is repeatedly tapped.
-Olimar’s Pikmin still max out at six, even though screenshots only show three.
-Falco, Wolf, and Captain Falcon return to the battle. Starfox and F-Zero crossover is coming to WiiU soon.
-Diddy’s Monkey Flip returns.
-Palutena joins the battle. Main method of fighting is by swinging her staff.
-Pit’s Final Smash remains unchanged, though Palutena does not appear in the background if she is being played as.
-Crates and Barrels return.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra join the battle. Magic Bar involved with moveset. Toon Zelda can steal magic energy from opponents, Tetra can steal held items.
-Panels are a new item. Explode when the player makes contact with two adjacent panels.
-The Frog Prince joins the battle. An anthropomorphic frog wearing a red cape. Main method of fighting is whipping with his tongue.
-Frog Prince stars in an upcoming WiiU title by Intelligent Systems (creators of Paper Mario and Fire Emblem) and is the two-player partner in Yoshi’s Epic Yarn.
-Charcters that did not make it as newcomers: Cranky Kong, Genesect, Hawlucha, Ray MKIII, Bandana Dee, Lucina, Mach Rider, Kamek, and Saki Amamiya
-Trophy Stand item is removed.
-Subspace Bombs appear in Adventure mode. Sends the character into the Subspace Battlefield. If you have played Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, you may know what to expect.
-Every character has a second form, only in the WiiU version. Known forms are Mario in Cape & Fire Feather form, Villager with the Golden Tools and horned hat, Kirby with a glowing star on his forehead, Fox in Arwing armor, and Rosalina & Luma as Cosmic Spirit and baby Ztar.
-Finally determined that Phantom is a new item, works differently from normal items. It falls down on the stage just like any other item, in a sleeping state. Attack the back of it to take control. Moves left and right depending on where you’re facing. You lose your jab, side tilt, and dash attack in exchange for different, “commands.”: Heavy downwards slash for jabs, sideways slash for side tilt (as shown in Zelda’s gallery,) and dash attack makes it leap forward, slashing down on the enemy. Automatically reflects projectiles with its shield. You can even distance yourself from the Phantom and it will still follow your commands. Attacking the back of the Phantom while it is under someone else’s control will destroy it.

That is all the information we have gathered for now. I can’t stay and answer questions, as we have a really important meeting tonight. I will probably be back someday, but for now, I will be leaving you all with this.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Tsuchinoko

TysonOfTime wrote:

Hey, apologies if this has been posted already, but my friend just sent me this rumor.

Rumor wrote:

Smash U Leak-
Hey, Gamefaqers (Is that the right term to use? Lol.) Just to get this out of the way now, I am not a leaker. There is no way that I can confirm nor deny that this information is true. It is all unverified rumors unless otherwise proven true. I just made this account today in order to post these rumors. Now that that’s settled, let’s move on to how I got this information. I do not have a friend who conveniently works at Nintendo/Sora Ltd/Namco-Bandai. I am basically part of a special society of people who do intensive research on the game by completely legal means. It is impossible to easily explain what we do. However, I can tell you we don’t browse files on the companies’ computers, or play test demos, or work with Sakurai, or do any of that harebrained stuff. People who claim to do this are just pulling your leg. You probably already knew that, but after looking through some of the “leaks” posted here, I felt the need to clarify just in case.

-Kirby’s Swallow returns. A new mechanic strengthens his swallowing power when B is repeatedly tapped.
-Falco, Wolf, and Captain Falcon return to the battle. Starfox and F-Zero crossover is coming to WiiU soon.
-Pit’s Final Smash remains unchanged, though Palutena does not appear in the background if she is being played as.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra join the battle. Magic Bar involved with moveset. Toon Zelda can steal magic energy from opponents, Tetra can steal held items.
-Panels are a new item. Explode when the player makes contact with two adjacent panels.
-The Frog Prince joins the battle. An anthropomorphic frog wearing a red cape. Main method of fighting is whipping with his tongue.
-Frog Prince stars in an upcoming WiiU title by Intelligent Systems (creators of Paper Mario and Fire Emblem) and is the two-player partner in Yoshi’s Epic Yarn.
-Charcters that did not make it as newcomers: Cranky Kong, Genesect, Hawlucha, Ray MKIII, Bandana Dee, Lucina, Mach Rider, Kamek, and Saki Amamiya
-Subspace Bombs appear in Adventure mode. Sends the character into the Subspace Battlefield. If you have played Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, you may know what to expect.
-Every character has a second form, only in the WiiU version. Known forms are Mario in Cape & Fire Feather form, Villager with the Golden Tools and horned hat, Kirby with a glowing star on his forehead, Fox in Arwing armor, and Rosalina & Luma as Cosmic Spirit and baby Ztar.
-Finally determined that Phantom is a new item, works differently from normal items. It falls down on the stage just like any other item, in a sleeping state. Attack the back of it to take control. Moves left and right depending on where you’re facing. You lose your jab, side tilt, and dash attack in exchange for different, “commands.”: Heavy downwards slash for jabs, sideways slash for side tilt (as shown in Zelda’s gallery,) and dash attack makes it leap forward, slashing down on the enemy. Automatically reflects projectiles with its shield. You can even distance yourself from the Phantom and it will still follow your commands. Attacking the back of the Phantom while it is under someone else’s control will destroy it.

That is all the information we have gathered for now. I can’t stay and answer questions, as we have a really important meeting tonight. I will probably be back someday, but for now, I will be leaving you all with this.

I just read that, and while the whole Toon Zelda thing is fairly far-fetched at this point, I really dont get the whole Frog Prince thing at all.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

SomeBitTripFan

Just to make a closing statement on our, thankfully, closing argument on here, I'd like to say this. You can make the justification that anything and everything sold could have an effect on Smash 4's sales. Everything bought and sold is competing for the money in the consumer's wallet. It's inarguable that the 3DS version will have adverse effects on the Wii U's sales, but likely not to the degree some of you are acting as if it will. I like to think of it like this. What is going to get Nintendo more money, releasing it exclusively on Wii U and scrapping the 3DS version that they have already put time and money into, or releasing an, arguably, superior version on a struggling console alongside a version on a more popular console? Also, think about this. Is would be cheaper to buy the Wii U version for multiplayer. Would you rather have to buy one Wii U ($300) and one copy of the game ($60) or a 3DS for each player ($360-$720 at cheapest) and a copy of the game for each player in the case there isn't download play ($40 if it has complete download play or $80-$160 without). The 3DS version could be a cash cow for Nintendo by comparison. Money in Nintendo's pockets means they can do more to help the Wii U or put the money to use making sure they don't repeat their mistakes with their next console.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Yoshi

Just want to my contribute my two cents and say that I'm buying both versions. Maybe Nintendo will cut a special deal for people who buy both?

And I'll need to take those two cents back. I need to save up $100.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi

So...no word on the return of our favorite perfect attendance stage, Corneria? (Sector Z in SSB) It's the only stage to appear in every SSB to date, so it has to be in the next one, right?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Adam

Well, if you count single-player stages, Final Destination and maybe Battlefield were in N64, too. I forget.

I would be okay with Corneria being left out. It has great nostalgia value, but it's not one that I play on often.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Yoshi

Adam wrote:

Well, if you count single-player stages, Final Destination and maybe Battlefield were in N64, too. I forget.

I would be okay with Corneria being left out. It has great nostalgia value, but it's not one that I play on often.

Final Destination and Battlefield have been in all three as well. But I don't think they should count.

Now playing:

Jazzer94

brewsky wrote:

Adam wrote:

Final Destination and Battlefield have been in all three as well. But I don't think they should count.

I agree Coneria is the only one that is the exact same stage apart from a bump up in visuals.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Adam

I wouldn't say exact. Corneria in 64 was a lot bigger than it is in the sequels.

Come on, friends,

Jazzer94

Adam wrote:

I wouldn't say exact. Corneria in 64 was a lot bigger than it is in the sequels.

A part from the visuals/backround it is very difficult to know which game is which.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

TysonOfTime wrote:

Rumor wrote:

Smash U Leak-

I want to believe this rumor.

I REALLY want to believe this rumor.

Not just because Prince Frog becoming a new Nintendo IP, but also because an F-Zero x Star Fox game would make sense, appease the fans of both games, and probably be pretty awesome.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Maskeraid wrote:

Since this leak is probably false because of the Toon Zelda thing (I honestly doubt they're going to continue doing the "different versions of the same character" thing) you probably shouldn't take this at all seriously.

Also, I think Ray might have a chance as a newcomer and I hope that, if he does make it in, he has his Ray MK II design. It's the perdiest out of the three.

Didn't read carefully enough. This is NOT a leak. any part of it may be false.

Besides, if the do Tetra that way, I'd be 100% behind it. So what if it's also Zelda. She's not a clone. Honestly, Toon Zelda is among the more believable parts of that runor.

SomeBitTripFan

@Maskeraid: I'm unfamiliar with the Custom Robo(?) series, but now I want to see Ray in also.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Adam

Jazzer94 wrote:

Adam wrote:

pictures

I know, I was only pointing out there is one main difference, and that is shown well in the picture, where they are each zoomed out close to the same magnification and yet N64's stage is massive in comparison.

Come on, friends,

UGXwolf

@Maskeraid OVERRULED! He states off the bat that he cannot confirn the info and that it's all unverified rumors.

And the Subspace Bomb sounds like an awesome idea. Not a trolk addition.

Tsuchinoko

Isn't Corneria one of the main stages people use in casual play? Im brawl i preferred Pirate Ship, or Frigate Orpheon, my two favorites, but my friends always wanted Corneria.

It does seem like the crazies are coming out more and more with these strange rumours, always prefacing them with "i cant prove it, but heres what i heard!"

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf

@Maskeraid OVERRULED! He states off the bat that he cannot confirn the info and that it's all unverified rumors.

And the Subspace Bomb sounds like an awesome idea. Not a troll addition.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic