Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,501 to 5,520 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@Maskeraid OVERRULED! He states off the bat that he cannot confirn the info and that it's all unverified rumors.

And the Subspace Bomb sounds like an awesome idea. Not a troll addition.

Couldn't you have edited the original post without reposting the same thing?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@Maskeraid OVERRULED! He states off the bat that he cannot confirn the info and that it's all unverified rumors.

Mobile browser shenanigans! I only posted once! Why did it show up twice? And how did I edit it without re-typing it?!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Mobile browser shenanigans! I only posted once! Why did it show up twice? And how did I edit it without re-typing it?!

Ugh, like Im one to talk. Check my previous posts for hilarious spelling errors.

UGXwolf

Guitardude7 wrote:

@DestinyMan I will assume that each version of Smash Bros will have their own individual soundtrack. I can't imagine the theme of Nintendogs fitting anywhere on the Wii U version.

Agreed. Which is why I brought up the topic in both threads. What do YOU think we'll hear, this time around? And on which version?

MegaStoneSmash91

I'd love to see some music from Super Mario 3D World. It has some good songs. I'd also love if the Dark World/Lorule Theme From Link Between Worlds was featured. I actually like it better than the Link to the Past version. Some tunes from Tropical Freeze would also be great, as was already mentioned.

One thing I'm really interested in is which Mega Man songs will be chosen. We've already heard the Mega Man 2 Wily Castle Remix (which sounds fantastic), but what other songs will we see? There should be a sizeable variety of music considering how many games there are. Pretty much anything would be good, really, just as long as they don't focus on just 2 or 3 games. Sonic had a good selection of songs spanning pretty much the entire series in Brawl, so I hope they do the same for Mega Man.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tsuchinoko

There must also be a megaman stage in the 3ds version right? I wonder why they haven't announced it yet.

SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko wrote:

There must also be a megaman stage in the 3ds version right? I wonder why they haven't announced it yet.

Probably still in development, but I wonder what stage they can use from the portable Megaman games?

And I want Cutman's theme to be included somehow, just cause :I

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

MegaStoneSmash91

I don't think it would be too out of the question to assume that the 3DS Mega Man stage may be the same as the one on Wii U. The Boxing Ring stage, though not entirely Punch Out related since there's two variations, is present on both versions. Perhaps characters without much history on portables will receive an identical stage on each version. Little Mac is a good example, and what is essentially his home base is the same for the two games. Another idea would be to base a stage off the Mega Man GameBoy games. Most likely Mega Man V since it was really the only unique one. Either that or just make another common or well known area in the series into a stage.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pootypie

Captain Rainbow? Who is that?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

TheGreatGamer wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

A character in a Japan exclusive Wii game that had a bunch of Nintendo characters in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Rainbow

He seems too strong for his name

Aaaaand THANK YOU! For demonstrating exactly why this game wasn't localized to NA (or EU, for that matter)

Aside from rainbows being associated with flamboyant gayness, in the West, the transgender jokes with Birdo would've been considered "too edgy" in the US, and may have even gotten the game banned, in some countries. In the end, they likely found that they'd have to censor far too much to even bother localizing, so the idea was either scrapped or (more likely) never on the table, to begin with.

Snagrio

UGXwolf wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

A character in a Japan exclusive Wii game that had a bunch of Nintendo characters in it.

Aaaaand THANK YOU! For demonstrating exactly why this game wasn't localized to NA (or EU, for that matter)

Aside from rainbows being associated with flamboyant gayness, in the West, the transgender jokes with Birdo would've been considered "too edgy" in the US, and may have even gotten the game banned, in some countries. In the end, they likely found that they'd have to censor far too much to even bother localizing, so the idea was either scrapped or (more likely) never on the table, to begin with.

Actually it never got outside of Japan because it did horribly in terms of sales.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Shirma_Akayaku

WingedSnagret wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Actually it never got outside of Japan because it did horribly in terms of sales.

And people are requesting him for the game?

I don't even

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Which might have been a factor in why Mother 3 didnt go out of japan as well. In japan its kind of common to see these types of characters in entertainment. Sometimes it can be surprising what Nintendo and Sony squeeze into their games, and they dont even have to be games meant for adults. The GLBT community has a strange amount of exposure in some Eastern asian countries, and its really safe and people are nice, but yet things like marriage are far away.

Anyway, i think countries and their sensibilities are progressing at different rates, and entertainment and what what translates over or doesnt make it to other countries can show that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic