Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,461 to 5,480 of 27,917

Wheeler

Blast wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

There should be a demo, so we can get a taste and truly know

A demo for a Nintendo game on Eshop? LOL that's not happening.
Kid Icarus: Uprising's first chapter was perfect for a demo... but it didn't get one.
Luigi's Mansion 2's first mission was also perfect for a demo... but it didn't get one.
LOL Nintendo will never put a demo for their game on Eshop.

So Fire Emblem doesn't count?

Wheeler

Blast

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Blast wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Kid Icarus: Uprising's first chapter was perfect for a demo... but it didn't get one.
Luigi's Mansion 2's first mission was also perfect for a demo... but it didn't get one.

So Fire Emblem doesn't count?

@ShadowFox254 FE:A is different. LOL FE:A was a do or die game for the FE franchise. It really needed to appeal to people. Luckily... it did

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SomeBitTripFan

Here's my question. Is Brawl going to cannibalize the sales of Smash 4 on either console? There are more Wiis in the wild than either the 3DS or Wii U. Brawl is cheaper than Smash 4 also. And what about Sony Smash Bros Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale? Will PS3 owners buy that instead. (Note: I don't support calling the game a Smash clone, but for the sake of my point, I'm doing it anyways.)

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Yoshi

Blast wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

And Mario and Luigi: Dream Team doesn't count?

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Blast

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

Here's my question. Is Brawl going to cannibalize the sales of Smash 4 on either console? There are more Wiis in the wild than either the 3DS or Wii U. Brawl is cheaper than Smash 4 also.

... What are you even talking about, man? Lol

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

And Mario and Luigi: Dream Team doesn't count?

@brewsky WHOOPS. I totally forgot that game even existed. Whoops...

Master of the Hype Train

Wheeler

I see this thread is becoming more lively.

Wheeler

UGXwolf

DefHalen wrote:

@UGXwolf
So you don't think if Smash 4 was exclusive to Wii U that it would help the Wii U more than it coming to both 3DS and Wii U?

Guitardude7 wrote:

@UGXwolf I'm not going to argue this any further seeing as it is pointless and you fail to see what I'm saying but I just want to clarify: I don't think the Wii U is doomed. I never said that. Please dont put words in my mouth.

Clear indications that you two are COMPLETELY missing my point. It's a no-brainer that the 3DS version WILL steal sales from the Wii U version, but not NEARLY as many as you're making it out to be. It certainly won't cause the Wii U version to "gather dust." Nor will most people that wanted the Wii U version get the 3DS version just because they have a 3DS, already, and completely ignore the Wii U. People are more stubborn than that.

And I don't recall saying you thought the Wii U was doomed, Guitardude. I said that if it were, Smash being exclusive wouldn't save it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Snagrio

It's certainly odd that this thread is so active during a weekend. Too bad the activity mostly involves arguments...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

UGXwolf

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

Here's my question. Is Brawl going to cannibalize the sales of Smash 4 on either console? There are more Wiis in the wild than either the 3DS or Wii U. Brawl is cheaper than Smash 4 also. And what about Sony Smash Bros Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale? Will PS3 owners buy that instead. (Note: I don't support calling the game a Smash clone, but for the sake of my point, I'm doing it anyways.)

HOLY CRAP, SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT! THANK YOU!

And for the record, I agree. Call PSASBR (lol, dat acronym!) a Smash clone is unfair, but it fits into Smash's sub-genre perfectly, so differences aside, it's a very similar game, all the same.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@UGXwolf
So you don't think if Smash 4 was exclusive to Wii U that it would help the Wii U more than it coming to both 3DS and Wii U?

Clear indications that you two are COMPLETELY missing my point. It's a no-brainer that the 3DS version WILL steal sales from the Wii U version, but not NEARLY as many as you're making it out to be. It certainly won't cause the Wii U version to "gather dust." Nor will most people that wanted the Wii U version get the 3DS version just because they have a 3DS, already, and completely ignore the Wii U. People are more stubborn than that.

And I don't recall saying you thought the Wii U was doomed, Guitardude. I said that if it were, Smash being exclusive wouldn't save it.

All my point was that the 3DS version could possibly make 1 (probably more) person not buy a Wii U over buying a 3DS and Smash on 3DS. So that means less Wii Us sold.

@SomeBitTripFan
That would be like saying the PS3 is harming PS4 sales. If the PS3 never existed the PS4 would be selling better. Which doesn't make any sense. The PS3 and Brawl both help build reputations which help with sales of future product. All I am saying is a 3DS version means people don't have to buy a Wii U for Smash. If the only way to play smash was a Wii U, then more Wii Us would be sold. I am not saying how big it will affect sales but even if 1 person buys a 3DS and Smash for 3DS rather than buying a Wii U for Smash then that is 1 less Wii U sold. That was my point

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@UGXwolf

All my point was that the 3DS version could possibly make 1 (probably more) person not buy a Wii U over buying a 3DS and Smash on 3DS. So that means less Wii Us sold.

@SomeBitTripFan
That would be like saying the PS3 is harming PS4 sales. If the PS3 never existed the PS4 would be selling better. Which doesn't make any sense. The PS3 and Brawl both help build reputations which help with sales of future product. All I am saying is a 3DS version means people don't have to buy a Wii U for Smash. If the only way to play smash was a Wii U, then more Wii Us would be sold. I am not saying how big it will affect sales but even if 1 person buys a 3DS and Smash for 3DS rather than buying a Wii U for Smash then that is 1 less Wii U sold. That was my point

Ok, hold on, I don't think ANY of us are arguing the same thing, here. Besides, the 3DS version CAN ENDORSE the Wii U version. It can be used as a springboard to get people interested in the full home console version with just a little bit of clever design. And it doesn't even have to sacrifice the 3DS version's quality to do it!

Now, what I'm saying isn't that Wii U sales won't be lost, but that a lot of the "sales" we'd lose were sales the Wii U would never have had, to begin with. It's a minority that would give up the console version just because there's a handheld version, when the console version will so obviously be better. Despite what you two may believe, people /do/ pay attention to more than just the character roster.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

Ok, hold on, I don't think ANY of us are arguing the same thing, here. Besides, the 3DS version CAN ENDORSE the Wii U version. It can be used as a springboard to get people interested in the full home console version with just a little bit of clever design. And it doesn't even have to sacrifice the 3DS version's quality to do it!

Now, what I'm saying isn't that Wii U sales won't be lost, but that a lot of the "sales" we'd lose were sales the Wii U would never have had, to begin with. It's a minority that would give up the console version just because there's a handheld version, when the console version will so obviously be better. Despite what you two may believe, people /do/ pay attention to more than just the character roster.

Ok, looks like we are agreeing basically but have different ways of explaining it. Also I never said people don't look at more than character roster. I will say the character roster is one of the biggest elements to the game for most people.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tsuchinoko

What happened?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Ok, looks like we are agreeing basically but have different ways of explaining it. Also I never said people don't look at more than character roster. I will say the character roster is one of the biggest elements to the game for most people.

We can agree that in terms of hype, the first and foremost part of the game is the roster. I wouldn't be nearly as eager, were Megaman, Little Mac, and Rosalina not part of the roster. However, it doesn't take long, after picking up the game for awkward or dodgy controls to feel out of place. Nor does it take a graphics glutton to see the difference in quality between Wii U and 3DS screenshots. And while the stages and trophies don't appear to have many themes for either version, it's easy to tell there have been far more assist trophies and stages revealed for Wii U than for 3DS. I'm simply saying that the people that would've gotten a Wii U for Smash alone probably aren't going to change their minds just because there's a 3DS version. The people that won't get a Wii U because there's a 3DS version weren't likely to get a Wii U for Smash, in the first place. There's a lot more at work, here than the roster, and implying that the roster alone makes all the difference is folly. That's all I'm saying. (Since we seem to get this misconception a lot, I'm not saying that you're saying any of the opposite, here. You know what you mean far better than I do. Focus on my points, and not what I may be unintentionally implying were yours.)

MegaStoneSmash91

Tsuchinoko wrote:

What happened?

A lot of arguing, it looks like. When did this become the Smash Bros. arguement thread?

But I hope we can steer clear of this long and bloody battle before Monday's pic of the day rolls around. If I recall they were briefly discussing who was getting both versions and for what reason. I knew I was getting both versions the minute I knew about them. Why? I'm a huge fan of the series and I want both of them! Plus, this is the first Smash I'll be able to take with me wherever I go. To me, buying both versions has been justified plenty of times. Portable? Yes! HD? Yes! Different stages? Yes! Different Trophies? Yes! Connectivity between the two? Yes! There will no doubt be more to come, as well, Just having two Smash Bros. games instead of one is awesome, even if they'll be similar.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

Since I personally believed they'll be released side-by-side, I'm getting the Wii U version day 1, and if I can afford it, I'll pick up the 3DS version, too. If I can't, that one can wait.

Tsuchinoko

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

What happened?

A lot of arguing, it looks like. When did this become the Smash Bros. arguement thread?

But I hope we can steer clear of this long and bloody battle before Monday's pic of the day rolls around. If I recall they were briefly discussing who was getting both versions and for what reason. I knew I was getting both versions the minute I knew about them. Why? I'm a huge fan of the series and I want both of them! Plus, this is the first Smash I'll be able to take with me wherever I go. To me, buying both versions has been justified plenty of times. Portable? Yes! HD? Yes! Different stages? Yes! Different Trophies? Yes! Connectivity between the two? Yes! There will no doubt be more to come, as well, Just having two Smash Bros. games instead of one is awesome, even if they'll be similar.

Well, lets move away from it. I come to this tread to have a fun discussion. I get plenty of drama in real life.
So since we always get a new character at the end of the week, at least for the past few months, theres a good chance that the next character and when they will be announced will be fairly predictable for most people. Of course they could completely go and surprise also.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Jazzer94

I'm sorry how is Smash being on two platforms a bad thing it just means more people have access to the game like handheld gamers who hate consoles and are never going to buy a Wii U, in the end of the day its more important to increase Smashes popularity now then try and save a console in trouble and I highly doubt the 3DS version would steal that many potential Wii U sales in the long run.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

Ah, I don't think it's all that dramatic. We can disagree without hating each other, even if our words get a little heated. More to the point, something we haven't discussed at all, as of late, that I can't believe I've let slip: music! What are some songs you think should be represented in the Wii U version? (I'll post something similar in the 3DS thread for the sake of discussion, there! EDIT: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/super_smash_bros_3ds_r... Oh, look! I did!)

A few picks from myself:

Big Top Bop - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
I just can't get this one out of my head. It's a great song for a fight, too, and could easily represent the boxing ring or any DK stage you please! Maybe there's a DK64 version of the boxing ring hiding from us?

Team Flare Grun - Pokemon X and Y
Fire-themed Poke'mon level, anyone? Maybe based on Gen 3's volcano? Ok, maybe I'm stretching it, but this could be on just about any Poke'mon stage, really.

Fatalize - Tales of Symphonia (or any of the versions of this from the Tales series. It's been used AT LEAST three times)
I really want Lloyd in this game! D: You won't convince me he's not in!

I DUN GOOFED AND PUT THE POKEMON TRACK IN THIS THREAD! (But who says it can't be in both games?)

Edited on by UGXwolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic