Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,981 to 5,000 of 27,917

MegaStoneSmash91

@DestinyMan: Perhaps the TF release date overlap with the Nintendo Direct is the only reason he did this. If there hadn't been a Nintendo direct, he probably would have revealed Diddy on the Japanese date like we thought he was going to. But you really never know, he could be changing things up.

I find it odd that there's no Japanese release date for Yoshi's New Island yet. If he really is changing his announcement tradition, it means we'll see Yoshi on March 14. That's a good thing of course. The sooner we see Yoshi's reveal, the sooner people will stop wondering if he'll be back.

I also can't wait for Wario's appearance. As of right now, it looks like he'll be one of the random reveals with no game release to tie him to. He'll just show up one day, but we'll be expecting it. A possible date would be for the Mario Kart 8 release, though that's a huge stretch. If there's any kind of Wario Land or WarioWare anniversary coming soon, that could also be a good time.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

mamp

This thread just went bananas.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

SheldonRandoms

mamp wrote:

This thread just went bananas.

No it hasn't......
Untitled
NOW, it has >:3 LOL L0L LOL L0L LOL L0L LOL L0L LOL L0L LOL L0L LOL L0L LOL L0L

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Pootypie

Nice that they release Diddy, I just hope they don't miss out Yoshi lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

Alright. Glad to see the little bugger back. Maybe I should put some effort into playing him. I might like his style better than I give it credit for.

So my mains list for Smash 4 so far consists of:
Little Mac
Diddy

Let's see if we can get Wolf and Ganondorf confirmed so I can have my Brawl mains back.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

Happy Diddy is back now I just need Captain Falcon and pretty much all my mains will be back.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

BandG

Untitled
Anyone else think Samus looks like she is shine sparking?

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

DreamyViridi

@BandG - I think that's Samus' Back-Air attack. She does look like she's doing it but doesn't Samus normally shoulder-charge when Shine-sparking?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

BandG

she does usually shoulder charge when shine sparking, but even if this is her back-air then it's interesting to note that it has changed.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Nintendaholic

Good to see people get their diddy back, but i am stil waiting for falco! i think i might be the only one here who mains falco!! haha

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Snagrio

So that cunning little scamp is back. I was never good as him in Brawl, but it's always nice to see a veteran return regardless. It is also interesting that Sakurai, for the first time, made a character reveal for a game release date that wasn't Japanese.

SSB4 is full of firsts for the franchise when you think about it.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Toad160

I am just glad to see he is not paired with Dixie Kong.
I do hope she gets revealed in the future, though.

Edited on by Toad160

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

Romeo

Toad160 wrote:

nah...
if sakurai would add 50+ characters.. then sure, i'd be happy if he added dixie kong then, but right now?! no, thanks
who knows how many characters we'll end up with.. 30?
character slot would be wasted on such an unimportant character + we've already got 2 apes, that's enough

Romeo

DefHalan

Toad160 wrote:

I am still not 100% sure he isn't paired with Dixie Kong. I mean we haven't seen Shiek yet but Zelda was announced a while ago, unless I missed something.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CThrash13

I've never been a fan of a lot of the characters revealed so far because I didn't play some of those games, but I'm pretty happy with the last two announcements (Little Mac and Diddy). And as far as I'm concerned, they can bring on Dixie and Cranky Kong as well. The more Kong's, the better! That cane would be deadly, lol.

I'm a little more excited about this game after the past week or so of news.

CThrash13

Twitter:

Snagrio

Guitardude7 wrote:

I'm pretty certain at this point that all veterans from Brawl will return (with the exception of a few such as R.O.B, Ike and Snake) and we have probably yet to see all of the newcomers. I wonder if Sakurai has revealed any hidden characters so far. I estimate we're going to have about 40-50 this time around. We've already met Melee in terms of number of characters, and I don't think we've even scratched the surface!

I think with Toon Link back it might as well be safe to assume that all will return. The only one I'm not 100% sure on is Snake.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Donalp15

Orngeblu wrote:

Donalp15 wrote:

Yaaaay another little mac image. I though the entire week would be devoted to images of him but whatever.
On a side note, anyone else love Samus's design in this game. I think the her suit was a bit off in other m but really like it here.
All in all, really loving the art style the have chosen for this game.

P.S. WingedSnagret I feel your pain, no one to play with except brawls online.
That is what I look forward to most, a (hopefully) great online experience.

Sakurai already said it was based on Other: M, but yeah, I love it.

I know it is based on other m, but it is not a copy and paste of it, like he said.
It looks better here.

FC 0516 7736 7877

Tsuchinoko

I usually hate rumours but i found this. It was posted before the Ashley assist reveal. A lot of this has actually been true so far. Its not a 100 percent reveal of the roster but its an interesting read.

http://ssb4dojo.tumblr.com/post/73409552906/rumors-rumors-and...

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

At this point, I'm trying to reformulate my list of characters in terms of likeliness to return. The most likely to be cut, at this point in time, I think are...

1. ROB
2. Snake
3. Ike
4. Wolf
5. Lucas
6. Pokemon Trainer
7. Mr. Game & Watch
8. Falco

If I had to choose five of these to cut and three to keep, I'd keep Wolf, Lucas, and PKMN Trainer. That said, I main Wolf, so of course I'd say that. Falco, on the other hand seems FAR more likely to stay, much to my dismay. Lucas is more relevant to the Mother series and provides a different take on Ness's moveset. I consider him a good clone. I would say the same about Wolf, and I DO say the same about Wolf, but as I said, he's more likely to be cut than Falco, who I'd argue is too much like Fox where Wolf isn't.

Other characters that haven't been confirmed and my assumed order in which they are likely to return (in order of least likely to most likely):

9. Wario
10. Metaknight
11. Ganondorf
12. Jigglypuff
13. Ice Climbers
14. Ness
15. Captain Falcon
16. Yoshi

Of these, the only ones I'd even consider cutting are Ice Climbers and Wario, but Ice Climbers was brought up in an interview, and very well could be a character in the works, and Wario is possibly one of Brawl's most unique additions to the roster, so I don't really think he'll be going anywhere, either. Realy, I can only see them cutting characters out of the first six on this list, anyways. Even then, I think cuts will be slim.

And I still don't see anyone from Melee returning, although Mewtwo seems possible, still.

With this in mind, we can assume a range of roster sizes. Brawl had 35. If you cut the 8 I mentioned, first and replace them with the five newcomers we have, so far, you'll end up with a roster of 32. If only three get cut, as I suspect might be the case and we're out of newcomers, as I highly doubt, then you now have 37 characters. And if you cut two, as I highly doubt we'll get more than 33 of Brawl's characters in Smash 4, and then add 10 newcomers, which seems a far more likely number than 5, you'll see that we could have 43 characters.

Brawl had 15 newcomers. If the interviews mean anything, Sakurai has no intentions of adding this many newcomers, so I'd say the arguable range is 30-50 and the reasonable range is about 37-45.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic