Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,001 to 5,020 of 27,917

Mickey

There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.

Who else thought it lost almost all credibility after this? XD

I know I've always been an advocate for the idea that any character can be in Smash Brothers (because Captain Falcon. Prove me wrong, I dare you.), but this is just a little absurd, don'tcha think? XD I dunno, maybe it's true. Maybe I'll warm-up to the idea. Whatever.

... Actually, the more I think about it, the more I want this to be real. I take it all back! Tingle for SSB4!!!

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

MrWalkieTalkie

So with the reveal of Diddy Kong, the roster now consists of 24 different fighters. When Smash Bros. was first revealed at E3, we had 12 characters right off the bat, now after 8 months we've doubled it. The Brawl website revealed 25 characters before the game released, and the rest were kept secret. Wonder how many more character reveals we'll get this time...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Tsuchinoko

Mickey wrote:

There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.

I know I've always been an advocate for the idea that any character can be in Smash Brothers (because Captain Falcon. Prove me wrong, I dare you.), but this is just a little absurd, don'tcha think? XD I dunno, maybe it's true. Maybe I'll warm-up to the idea. Whatever.

... Actually, the more I think about it, the more I want this to be real. I take it all back! Tingle for SSB4!!!

Yeah, like i said, not one for rumours, but the Diddy and Little Mac stuff was correct, and as for the Chrom reveal, the FE anniversary would be April 20th. The Palutena thing seems to be a big possibility. If it is true, glad the Mother characters and Game and Watch are in. Totally not sure about Pac-man, though it makes sense since Namco is working on it, but still...
Also, yay Snake.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

Mickey wrote:

Read that a little more closely, please. He never said Tingle was playable. He said the Zelda newcomer was being kept a secret. He doesn't know who's being added, just that the names "Ghirahim" and "Tingle" have been flying around. Tingle could still be an assist and Ghirahim could easily be the newcomer.

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I usually hate rumours but i found this. It was posted before the Ashley assist reveal. A lot of this has actually been true so far. Its not a 100 percent reveal of the roster but its an interesting read.

http://ssb4dojo.tumblr.com/post/73409552906/rumors-rumors-and...

We've already covered this in this thread. It's referred to as the Translator leak, and it seem credible, but God, I hope it's fake. It's also worth noting that Diddy does NOT have Dixie on his tail in the screen shots, and we can see that his bananas are back, so it's likely that this deconfirms the leak, or if the leak is true, Dixie was scrapped.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Mickey

@UGXwolf Tingle was already an assist trophy in Brawl, so putting him in SSB4 as an assist trophy wouldn't necessarily make him a new Zelda character. Maybe the translator forgot about that, or maybe not and he was referring to Tingle as a possible newcomer. Either way, I hope this is real! ^.^

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Tsuchinoko

I see. Sorry, i wasnt using the forums for a long time. I just thought it was imteresting, possibly the most realistic leak ive seen in a long time.
Also, maybe its possible that since the rumor states that it is a tag, and not a pairing of the two, it might bd possible that they tag back and forth a different way and that the banana is kept unchanged? And yeah, the idea could have just been scrapped.
And about the Zelda newcomer, thats really vague.
Those names were floating around, it might not be either of them. I really doubt they'd add Tingle in as a fighter.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

SheldonRandoms

Tingle could be playable, but an even question is would we be ready for Tingle?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

For me, the Fawful assist trophy is the most unlikely thing from that translator rumor. As cool as that would be, Nintendo seems to put the Mario RPG characters at arm's length. But I do agree that overall that rumor sounds a bit more possible than some of the other rumors I've read. I hope it's right about King K. Rool. Man, if he's not in the games somehow, I think it's safe to assume the Kremlings would be gone for good.

Isnt Fawful from the Mario and Luigi series, not Mario RPG? That one is fully Nintendos creation, and they do use it for some things, like the Mii Plaza puzzle. The most surprising thing on that list was K Rool, since he was a Rare creation, at least I thought so. The reason I hope its true is that it says that all of the veteran characters that i was worried might get cut are in the game.

The biggest bit oe info that seems to back up this rumor is that it was spot on about the Little Mac reveal and Ashley being an assist. Also theres some incredibly specific information about costumes and attacks that i never see in these types of "leaks".

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

Also, in one of the two 3DS screenshots, Diddy is confirmed to still have his banana move.
Untitled

That's strange. Diddy has his banana peel move, yet Rosalina can levitate... How the heck is a floating character supposed to trip over a banana peel? The Proximity Mine is an exception since it explodes when you get too close to it... but a banana peel?
Untitled Sakurai what?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

MrWalkieTalkie

Perhaps this time, some characters may be immune to slipping on banana peels?

Although the only characters that come to mind who would have levitating abilities would be Rosalina & Mewtwo (if he even returns)

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Shirma_Akayaku

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Perhaps this time, some characters may be immune to slipping on banana peels?

Although the only characters that come to mind who would have levitating abilities would be Rosalina & Mewtwo (if he even returns)

Perhaps Rosalina might be the only exception. After all, she's the only character (so far) who could be immune to that move. Although, she can walk and trip over it, but dashing, no. EDIT: Updated GIF.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Budda

I think she is slipping anyways.
The anti-gravity field is pushing her from the ground. So something is touching the ground.
So in Rosalina's case the anti-gravity field is slipping on the banana and Rosalina with it. lol

If you know what I mean.^^

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Romeo

omg.. this is getting SO annoying
i've been playing A Link Between Worlds (absolutely love this game) and every 30-60mins the notorious message pops up when saving

"you've been playing for a while... why not take a break.. blablabla"
nintendo.. i love you, but you are SO annoying.. in every game nowadays, it's horrible

so why am i writing this here?
i just hope this doesn't happen in an online multiplayer game like Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8.. wow... i'm really concerned about this
at least give us an option to turn it off, f***

diddy is cool btw! looking forward to the next character-revealing

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

Rezalack

@Romeo Well, they put it in Sub Wars, too. It's extremely annoying I agree, but at least it never pops up during or after matches. Only if you're at one of the selection screens. It shouldn't be in the game at all or if it is, give us the option to turn it off like you said. -_-

I could just imagine them putting it in SSB and having it pop up mid-match and say "Hey buddy, you've been playing a while, you should stop. Oh, you're dead now? Sorry about that, maybe you should have taken a break.".

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Shirma_Akayaku

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I think she is slipping anyways.
The anti-gravity field is pushing her from the ground. So something is touching the ground.
So in Rosalina's case the anti-gravity field is slipping on the banana and Rosalina with it. lol

If you know what I mean.^^

I get that kinda feeling too that she'll slip anyways. It will still look weird to me since she floats. But hey, at least we know she'll walk.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Wait. Didn't Meta Knight float for his running animation?

Yep. But he still manages to slip and trip. So weird.
I'm kinda surprised no one has speculated or came up with any ideas on Final Smashes. Maybe Rosalina's is based on the gif above.
I'm wondering about Diddy's Final Smash too.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

SG9000

Or she could make up some king of BLACK HOLE!!!!!!!

JK, but it could still be a possibility, given the ending of the original Super Mario Galaxy

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Tsuchinoko

Im not too concerned with the tripping mechanic, since it didnt bother me to much in brawl, im sure they wouldn't have a character be totally immune to it.
I thought the Diddy amd Little Mac reveals were interesting, since Mac was revealed on Tropical Freezes Japanese release date, while Diddy war revealed on the western release. I would haue thought they'd be reversed or something.

Side note, a Metal Gear game is coming out next month. What are the chances for a Snake reveal, if he is included?

SG9000

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Im not too concerned with the tripping mechanic, since it didnt bother me to much in brawl, im sure they wouldn't have a character be totally immune to it.
I thought the Diddy and Little Mac reveals were interesting, since Mac was revealed on Tropical Freezes Japanese release date, while Diddy war revealed on the western release. I would have thought they'd be reversed or something.

This, IMO, is a reference to Punch-Out!! Wii, as DK appears as a guest contestant

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Shirma_Akayaku

SG9000 wrote:

Or she could make up some king of BLACK HOLE!!!!!!!

JK, but it could still be a possibility, given the ending of the original Super Mario Galaxy

I think that's the most likely. She summons hundreds of Lumas that merge together and transform into a Black Hole that pulls everyone inward and all who fall in will be crushed by intense gravity and then the Black Hole will explode everyone out, plus some debris too. Here's the sequence I see.

1. The Lumas will gather towards Rosalina (where the hole will form), but also, the Lumas act as obstacles, since you can get hit by them and get pulled in closer to the black hole. They cause little damage.

2. The Black Hole forms and players take a 1-hit massive/quickly increase damage inside.
Untitled

3. The Black hole explodes and players are sent flying. The debris can damage players who aren't caught by the black hole, causing moderate damage (players can shield it).
Untitled

At least that's how I see it.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7