Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,861 to 4,880 of 27,917

SomeBitTripFan

UGXwolf wrote:

Austroid wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

The lone heroine can have a love interest. She just has to be aware that it's not priority number one and phase him out completely during missions. Pretty sure the REAL Samus can do that.

Pretty sure the REAL Samus isn't in the same universe as Little Mac.

Actually, from analyzing character appearances in video games, and even barring Smash Bros entirely, all video game characters, or at least a very large number of them, can be linked as being part of one universe. Samus's ship appears in the background of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. DK's grandpa once was Mario's rival over a woman named Pauline, and Mario is the ref at all of Little Mac's boxing matches. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! Even going by direct appearances, as that ship could be a replica made by a crazy Metroid fan, Samus can be seen in Super Mario RPG, so YES! Samus and Little Mac COULD be secret lovers. But, hey! It's just a theory... A GAME THEORY! Thanks for watching~

AND a Replica of the Blue Falcon appears in Mario RPG, alongside an Arwing Replica. But the largest piece of evidence in connecting every Nintendo world and our world is Animal Crossing...

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

MrWalkieTalkie

Random idea I'm sharing. Don't really care what any of you think and I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for this.

What if Starfy still has a shot at being playable?
Untitled

But isn't he already an assist?
Untitled

Yes, but what if he has a similar case with Toon Link and Alfonzo where if he isn't in play, he will merely serve as an Assist Trophy. But when he is in battle, the role of assist will be taken up by:
Untitled
Stapy, Starfy's little sister.

Yeah, it's a crazy idea, but a guy can dream can't he?

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

PanicPuppet

I think the dumbest part of the Samus and Little Mac thing, is that both characters have existed for over 2 decades. Suddenly they both appear in a reveal trailer with no romantic undertones whatsoever (in fact poor Samus is the *punch*line of the whole thing), then BAM! Random pairing go!...

What's next, Kirby and Jigglyp-- wait I meant Link and Pea-- ugh, forget it.

Is Smash Bros. just a pairing roulette now?

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Mickey

@Austroid Why's this bothering you so much, man? XD It isn't gonna seriously impair your ability to enjoy the game, is it?

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

PanicPuppet

@Mickey It honestly just is for the time being; I'm sure its just a spur of the moment thing (the paring itself) anyway. Its moreso the combination of it and Samus' most recent game, which left me battered as a fan; even years after its release.

I'm really just holding out for the next Metroid (preferably done by Retro Studios); which will hopefully bring it back to its rightful place in Nintendo's long list of inspirational IPs.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

UGXwolf

@Austroid This joke won't really stop being a thing, but I'm sure it'll stop being referenced so much, after the next reveal trailer.

As for Metroid, it will most likely not be handled by Retro, as they already announced that Prime was over. This doesn't bar them from making other Metroid titles, but I imagine they ended Prime to avoid becoming "That Company What Makes All Dem Good Metroid Games." Maybe Platinum, though?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

PanicPuppet

UGXwolf wrote:

@Austroid This joke won't really stop being a thing, but I'm sure it'll stop being referenced so much, after the next reveal trailer.

(So it went from being adorable, to a joke now?) It certainly won't reach the levels of "do a barrel roll!" Whatever though, it feels like I'm being heckled because I'm not with the majority on this. I'm done.

UGXwolf wrote:

As for Metroid, it will most likely not be handled by Retro, as they already announced that Prime was over. This doesn't bar them from making other Metroid titles, but I imagine they ended Prime to avoid becoming "That Company What Makes All Dem Good Metroid Games." Maybe Platinum, though?

Actually, there's an article from IGN where they interviewed with Retro's president regarding future Metroid games during last year's E3. He says "we love Metroid, its a big part of our studio; the culture of our studio." Then they start talking about how if they do make another one they'd most likely try expanding the Metroid universe, while referring back to Prime Hunters. Which is an incredible idea to start with!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-nintendo-retro...

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

UGXwolf

Austroid wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

(So it went from being adorable, to a joke now?) It certainly won't reach the levels of "do a barrel roll!" Whatever though, it feels like I'm being heckled because I'm not with the majority on this. I'm done.

UGXwolf wrote:

Actually, there's an article from IGN where they interviewed with Retro's president regarding future Metroid games during last year's E3. He says "we love Metroid, its a big part of our studio; the culture of our studio." Then they start talking about how if they do make another one they'd most likely try expanding the Metroid universe, while referring back to Prime Hunters. Which is an incredible idea to start with!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-nintendo-retro...

It's a cute joke. And I'm not heckling you. Hardly even arguing actually. I totally understand your view. I just think it's cute and then continued with a Game Theory joke.

That's nice to know. I'll keep an eye out for it.

PanicPuppet

@UGXwolf Heckle was a strong word. Bugging would've been more suitable, I guess.

But anyways, glad we could end on equal terms.

PanicPuppet

MrWalkieTalkie

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Just staring at this picture gives me chills and excites me! I remember years ago I wished characters like Mega Man & Little Mac were in Smash Bros. And now here they are fighting, it's actually happening! It's a dream come true! It just never really sunk in until now. And it feels awesome!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

SheldonRandoms

@MrWalkieTalkie I know that feel bro......

ALSO, GIVE HIM ZEE UPPERCUT MAC!!!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

MegaStoneSmash91

So he's confirming what many of us suspected all along. His airborne attacks are lacking, and being off the ground will do him no favors. People thought he was going to be overpowered? Sure...

Mega Man looks huge compared to Mac in that first shot. I didn't think there was that big of a difference in the trailer.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

SheldonRandoms

It's like the person took the pictures took them from start to finish. With Mario, he's about to punch him. With Sonic, he's made impact. And with Megaman, he's sending him to the junkyard. And with Pac-Man, he's sending him to.........no, not yet for him

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Romeo

do you guys think there's a chance that snake will return as a playable character?
i'm pretty sure he won't...

they would have to give Snake weapons (guns etc.) and seeing how they've even redesigned the ray gun so it won't look like a gun, i don't see them including Snake this time around...
all because of their "protect the children"-junk... oh yea "look.. it's a gun, we can't have that.. that's video game violence, kids could end up becoming serial killers"
it's a shame.. the new ray gun looks like a damn blow-dryer

"We design the Ray Gun carefully each time to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun." ---> they even sound proud of this "accomplishment" ..so stupid.. their adult-customers have to suffer because they think kids have never seen a gun in a movie or elsewhere before

and yes.. this really still bugs me. it's not just that the ray gun looks absolutely atrocious. but this is probably the reason we won't get Snake.
and because they assume 80% of their customers are kids and the other 20% pedophiles.. we won't get good online-services.. like proper ingame friendslists, chat-systems, teamspeak-like program etc.
it's a big deal, not just to me

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

cookiex

^Snake never used guns in Brawl (unless you count a rocket launcher as a "gun") so I don't see that as an issue in bringing him back.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Romeo

yes, but why exactly is a rocket launcher okay, but a ray gun or normal gun is not? swords, bombs and mega man's metal blade apparently aren't a problem either

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

UGXwolf

Romeo wrote:

yes, but why exactly is a rocket launcher okay, but a ray gun or normal gun is not? swords, bombs and mega man's metal blade apparently aren't a problem either

ESRB ratings. Plain and simple. The ESRB does not consider explosives, sharp objects, or lasers to be threatening or dangerous, but guns, being something many children can find lying around the house unprotected due to the owner being plain careless, are seen as a controversial thing. This has nothing to do with Nintendo. You're pinning the blame on the wrong people. Nintendo would rather not get a Mature rating, if they can avoid it, and avoiding the use of real guns is part of that.

LyIa

DestinyMan wrote:

flap all over him

waht.

all men are kings 👑

Snagrio

It's times like this where I wish it was like the pre-Brawl updates where we knew all the character's specials from the get-go instead of Sakurai spending a week to spell out what each of them does.

But on the flip side a daily update is very nice, so there's that.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic