Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,881 to 4,900 of 27,917

SheldonRandoms

@WingedSnagret That was my life back then, every update mattered, including the food update.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Shirma_Akayaku

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@WingedSnagret That was my life back then, every update mattered, including the food update.

LOL. That is all.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Orngeblu

I mostly care for gameplay, characters, and stages. :I In that order from best to worst. I don't care too much about items, probably because I won't be using them much.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Shirma_Akayaku

Orngeblu wrote:

I mostly care for gameplay, characters, and stages. :I In that order from best to worst. I don't care too much about items, probably because I won't be using them much.

For me (currently) I might place stages higher. There were just so many bad stages in Brawl....
UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

@Rosalina: I don't care for the Electroplankton stage, but Brawl's selection of stages is generally good. The new stages for Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U, however, do look very promising.

They really do. I'm excited for the Mario Galaxy Stage (GateWay Galaxy). Untitled
Gameplay wise, I'm wondering if this stage would be banned in tournaments...

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

SheldonRandoms

I wish there was a Flipnote Studio stage, that would be so awesome :3

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Shirma_Akayaku

@SheldonRandoms I see that being similar to the Pictochat stage in Brawl. If Flipnote were a stage, it'd be a 3DS exclusive.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

SheldonRandoms

@Rosalina Maybe the flipnote frog can be an assist trophy, or dare I say it........playable!?! (Probably not)

It would also be cool if you could transfer flipnotes from Flipnote Studio 3D, and use them as the background.

Snagrio

Rosalina wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@Rosalina: I don't care for the Electroplankton stage, but Brawl's selection of stages is generally good. The new stages for Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U, however, do look very promising.

They really do. I'm excited for the Mario Galaxy Stage (GateWay Galaxy). Untitled
Gameplay wise, I'm wondering if this stage would be banned in tournaments...

Of course it will. Any stage that has something remotely whimsical or fun isn't allowed, only boring stationary stages are. That's why I don't really care for hardcore competitive Smash circles since it takes away a huge chunk of what I love about the series (items and interactive stages).

I'm not saying the competitive side is bad (albeit a bit elitist at times), it's just not my cup of tea.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Romeo

the point is to completely exclude any kind of unnecessary randomness, which makes sense obviously..
so it's not really about excluding fun or "whimsical" maps, but anything which could come in between a battle of pure skill

btw... SSB Wii U/3DS will have fewer or just as many characters as Brawl, but not more, correct?

Romeo

cookiex

Romeo wrote:

btw... SSB Wii U/3DS will have fewer or just as many characters as Brawl, but not more, correct?

What makes you think that?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Romeo

well.. i've just "talked" with someone on another forum about the characters.. and sakurai apparently said that (he told me)
give me a second, i'll google

edit:
"It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive…. In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed."
http://www.destructoid.com/sakurai-don-t-expect-more-characte...

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

cookiex

Romeo wrote:

"It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive…. In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed."

That quote was from two years ago, an awful lot of things can change in that time. Right now 23 characters have been confirmed with no release date in sight. Either Sakurai is going to reveal fewer characters from here on out or there's going to be few hidden characters left if the roster caps at 35 or less.

And if Sakurai really wanted everyone in the roster to feel distinct he should have gotten rid of Toon Link, unless there's some significant changes to him that I'm not aware of.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Azooooz

Romeo wrote:

well.. i've just "talked" with someone on another forum about the characters.. and sakurai apparently said that (he told me)
give me a second, i'll google

edit:

This was about 2 years ago. Maybe he now has the motivation to include more characters for smash bros. 4 than brawl.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

cookiex

^No Geno 2/10 would not main

cookiex

Snagrio

Going by the fact that Toon Link and Lucario, two characters that many had counted as cut fodder, are confirmed to return, it's safe to say that other veterans with uncertain futures like Ike or ROB have a high chance to come back.

Snagrio

turtlelink

WingedSnagret wrote:

Going by the fact that Toon Link and Lucario, two characters that many had counted as cut fodder, are confirmed to return, it's safe to say that other veterans with uncertain futures like Ike or ROB have a high chance to come back.

Funny, because even though they were my mains in Brawl and some of my favorite characters, I thought they had 0% chance of returning.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Snagrio

Behold, fresh from Smashboards, the most vague leak ever.

Hello, I am here to give you info. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you, I am not going to try and convince you nor can I prove this info at the moment. Also, the position I am in does not allow me to give extreme details such as the full roster or anything along those lines. I will only be giving hints to things included within the game (Ex. no "insert character name is a playable character") This is simply some info I have heard that I hope will help better put you all in the right direction.
There is an interesting new game mode which has not been revealed
An unexpected character returns
The character roster is quite different from those predicted or "leaked"
It releases much sooner than expected
There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer
There are indeed secret characters that won't be revealed until the game releases (there are also a couple characters I have seen few predict or "leak")
That is all the info I have for now. I will be willing to take questions, but I cannot answer them outright. I will only be able to give hints as to there validity.

The "character hinted at every trailer" thing is intriguing at least, but I ain't gonna watch them all searching for the slightest details, I'll leave you guys to that.

Snagrio

Shirma_Akayaku

@WingedSnagret
Seriously? I don't believe it. It's blasphemy.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic