Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,181 to 4,200 of 27,917

Snagrio

The majority of the Smashboard guys (including myself) are convinced the Palutena leak is real. Keep in mind that they (or rather we since I'm a new member there) went over 50 pages of meticulous analyzing picking apart every single detail, and not even the top leak busters of the board were unable to find anything definitively wrong with the pics. That, and just the fact that nobody has been able to prove if this is right of wrong so far whereas usually other "leaks" typically only take a few hours at most to debunk, speaks volumes.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

BandG

Untitled
in todays pic of the day Alfonzo is clearly an NPC, but has a black outline. This means if the Palutena leak is real, then she could be an NPC or appear in the form of an assist trophy or something else.

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

shinpichu

BandG wrote:

Untitled
in todays pic of the day Alfonzo is clearly an NPC, but has a black outline. This means if the Palutena leak is real, then she could be an NPC or appear in the form of an assist trophy or something else.

Not really. Alfonzo's outline, if it exists, is much less consistent across his model than the outlines for the PCs.

I personally think that his "outline" is just a tricks of the lighting/his shading. After all, NONE of the other NPC characters(including conductor Link) have had outlines, so why would Alfonzo get one?

One thing that this update will do is give a new light for previously "deconfirmed" characters. Expect a lot of "well, if Toad is fighting, then Peach will switch to Toadsworth/Blue Toad/etc. !"

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Snagrio

Oh Brawl in the Family, you never miss a beat. XD
Untitled

Snagrio

luisesteban

Buajajaja is amazing. Poor Pit.

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

Snagrio

Wonder_Mask wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

The majority of the Smashboard guys (including myself) are convinced the Palutena leak is real. Keep in mind that they (or rather we since I'm a new member there) went over 50 pages of meticulous analyzing picking apart every single detail, and not even the top leak busters of the board were unable to find anything definitively wrong with the pics. That, and just the fact that nobody has been able to prove if this is right of wrong so far whereas usually other "leaks" typically only take a few hours at most to debunk, speaks volumes.

How did they justify the face? The idea of the character model being unfinished is ludicrous because of the importance of the face, and that alone is enough to prove it false in my opinion.

Copy/pasted from my own post on Smashboards:

About the argument that her face is too lifeless: I agree to a certain extent, but there are some factors to consider here.

One is that the pictures may have been taken before she was completely finished (which would also explain the staff clipping), however the face is probably one of the first things they work on after the initial creation of the model, so it's hard to say.

Another is that this is the 3DS version. When you compare it to the Wii U version the differences are clearly evident, including expressions. I bet if we saw a Wii U image of her face it'd be more lively.

Snagrio

New_3DaSh_XL

Wonder_Mask wrote:

And isn't it curious how there isn't a WiiU shot of Palutena? You'd think the leaker would show off the pretty HD screenshots and not the much lower quality 3DS ones.

Indeed. If they are indeed fake, it would seem to be easier to outline Palutena and call it real.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Snagrio

Wonder_Mask wrote:

And isn't it curious how there isn't a WiiU shot of Palutena? You'd think the leaker would show off the pretty HD screenshots and not the much lower quality 3DS ones.

Think about it though. Which is easier to sneak photos of? A portable system with small screens where you can take it someplace out of sight, or a home system that's more then likely in a high traffic area and not easily moved without looking suspicious?

Snagrio

shinpichu

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Copied from my post on Smashboards:

"I think there's a reason for this.

I've never worked in the gaming industry, so I could be wrong on this. However, I have worked as an extra on a movie set(don't ask which one, I won't/can't tell you). When I was there, they had a strict "no cameras" policy, and they'd confiscate your phone/camera and refuse to pay you if they caught you taking pictures. I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that Nintendo/Namco, among others, might have a similar policy for upcoming games.

Now, with this in mind, it would probably be very difficult to get pictures of the Wii U version. I imagine they'd be set up in some sort of common area, and there'd be a lot of people around the unit at any given time. The 3DS, on the other hand, is portable, which means that it might be easier for someone to get the unit in an area where there aren't a lot of people and it's easier to snap a quick photo(this is probably why there are only two photos, and why they aren't in some sort of dynamic pose).

Just my two cents on the matter. "

Rezalack

You guys really think her face looks that bad..? I think it looks pretty decent, especially the second picture. The first is meh. It's not like Mario's face looks extraordinary in comparison, it's pretty plain too. It doesn't help that it's a 3DS pic either. It's stretched and are typically less detailed. I say it's a pretty dang convincing fake, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was to turn out real.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Blast

Spuratis wrote:

You guys really think her face looks that bad..? I think it looks pretty decent, especially the second picture. The first is meh. It's not like Mario's face looks extraordinary in comparison, it's pretty plain too. It doesn't help that it's a 3DS pic either. It's stretched and are typically less detailed. I say it's a pretty dang convincing fake, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was to turn out real.

@Spuratis Palutena's face looks terrible in those 3DS screenshots. Rosalina and Zelda's face both look great on 3DS because Sakurai pays attention to detail. Now look at Palutena's face. It doesn't look good at all. That IS fake simply because Sakurai wouldn't let that happen to a character.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

It'd be silly to assume the pics were real. It'd be even sillier to assume they're fake. Both are heavy logical fallacies. Personal incredulity does not a real argument make. What's worth noting is that no one can find this particular model of Palutena ANYWHERE. This could mean it's a fake and someone made a model to "leak," but that'd be a lot of trouble to go through. Never put it past people, though, to go to great lengths for a joke. The other option is that it's a new model and she's really in Smash. If that's the case, cool. We cannot, however, prove either of these because we know neither the Original Poster nor whether or not Palutena really IS in Smash. We'll have to wait for an official statement from Sakurai or Nintendo for any kind of certainty.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shinpichu

What's funny to me about complaints about Palutena's face was that peopel said the exact same thing about Dedede's face when he was revealed. There was a delay between when his picture was posted on to Miiverse and on to the Smashbros.com page, and people who didn't have access to Miiverse said that his model looked fake because of the expression on his face.

Anyway, the only thing I think looks off about her face is her nose in the first screenshot. And for all we know, since her model wasn't intended to be shown to the public yet, that could just be something they need to polish.

Edited on by shinpichu

shinpichu

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Keep in mind this is Sakurai we're talking about, the man was mad when people shared simple cutscenes online, don't you think he wouldn't do something that careless? He'd work on the entire thing himself if he could.

Also, where is the original source of these photos? I saw the NeoGaf post, but that just said the photos "surfaced". Unless anyone can find a definite source, nobody should believe this, unless you're tapping into your childlike wonder and innocence, lol. The only scenario that would make sense is that the guy didn't wanna lose his job (just assuming he works there, if he was a visitor we'd likely already know), but again, the team is probably under a rigid policy about spoilers.

It was posted by an anon on 4chan.

And it's no wonder they want to stay anonymous, since if they were traced it could mean the end of their job.

shinpichu

Wonder_Mask wrote:

@Shin I've heard that one elsewhere too, but I haven't found a link there on the multitude of sites I've searched, and I'm staying the heck away from searching 4chan.

Linking to 4chan tends not to work out because forum links tend to 404 after a while because of how 4chan is structured.

UGXwolf

The problem with trying to search for the source is in the very fact of where and "who" it was. Anon on 4chan yields no tells. None whatsoever. Sakurai's not gonna tell us, until he's ready to reveal Palutena. It's all about as good as me speculating that Lloyd Irving will be revealed to coincide with a surprise release of Tales of Symphonia on the Wii U.

2Sang

After watching gamexplain, it looks to be very likely to be real. It's obvious that a second kid icarus character was coming, I was just hoping for medusa instead, but I guess Palatena would be ok too. It's kind of unfortunate if this is true because the magic of the character reveal will be gone. Nothing is more magical than a SSB newcomer reveal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

UGXwolf

2Sang wrote:

After watching gamexplain, it looks to be very likely to be real. It's obvious that a second kid icarus character was coming, I was just hoping for medusa instead, but I guess Palatena would be ok too. It's kind of unfortunate if this is true because the magic of the character reveal will be gone. Nothing is more magical than a SSB newcomer reveal.

We'll always have the reveal trailer to look forward to, though. Even if you know a character is coming, dat reveal trailer will be amazing.

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

2Sang wrote:

We'll always have the reveal trailer to look forward to, though. Even if you know a character is coming, dat reveal trailer will be amazing.

True, the trailers have so far and will most likely continue to be amazing. I meant that the fact that we know who the character will be is going to be not surprising. Perhaps it's not as bad as I'm thinking though because she was one of the most likely newcomers for smash.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic