Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,161 to 4,180 of 27,917

LordJumpMad

I also heard that they scraped CaptainFalcon, and replace him with this guy.
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

Everything else sounds cool, except I struggle to imagine how Diddy and Dixie would work with a Zelda/Shiek-like setup

I don't like that idea, either.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

shinpichu

Blast wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Blast wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Blast wrote:

@shinpichu There is no way Snake is coming back. Just no way.

How so? I don't see Snake being cut.

@shinpichu Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is coming to every platform except Wii U... You really think Sakurai is gonna put a guy in the roster whose skipping the Wii U? The same reason applies to why Sora and Riku from Kingdom Hearts won't be in this game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was PS4 exclusive. Didn't stop Snake from getting in to Brawl, plus we got a ton of content from that game.

Any reason that someone could give for why Snake might be cut is a reason that's made moot by the fact that he made it in to Smash in the first place.

@shinpichu Snake was only in the game because KOJIMA BEGGED FOR SNAKE TO GET IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this matters why? Why would this make Sakurai want to cut Snake? He and Kojima are still buddies last I checked.

DestinyMan wrote:

@Shinpichu: He sounds sketchier than the GameFAQs rumor. If the story didn't lose me, the Fawful assist trophy would. As cool as that would be, Nintendo seems to keep the Mario RPG characters at arms-length.

Meh. The story is what gets me. Don't rally think the idea of a Mario RPG AT is too far-fetched, considering that Mario got 2 ATs in Brawl. Plus, the RPG series did get representation in the form of a song and a few trophies.

Everything else sounds cool, except I struggle to imagine how Diddy and Dixie would work with a Zelda/Shiek-like setup and I want Miis to be playable.

I imagine it would be a tag team like in DKC. You'd control one kong, then do a move(vB probably) to switch between the two. Functionally that's exactly like Zelda/Sheik. Though I question why Sakurai would feel the need to reinvent Diddy's moveset like that.

I'm sceptical of the Tranlator rumour as well. Most of the things it's gotten right so far haven't really been that surprising. I'll wait for something like that Gangrel/Aversa AT before I say it's confirmed.

Edited on by shinpichu

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Jazzer94

Orngeblu wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Everything else sounds cool, except I struggle to imagine how Diddy and Dixie would work with a Zelda/Shiek-like setup

Me either either just have an alt costume instead.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shinpichu

Jazzer94 wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Wait, Dixie as a Diddy alt? Pls no. That's an insult to Dixie as a character.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Orngeblu

Jazzer94 wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I disagree, I don't think any character should have an alternate costume of a different character for reasons I can't explain, and don't give me that Wii Fit Trainer and Male Wii Fit Trainer talk, because that's different. >:I This is also what...a certain game, won't name it, said they wouldn't do with alternate costumes.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Jazzer94

Orngeblu wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I disagree, I don't think any character should have an alternate costume of a different character for reasons I can't explain, and don't give me that Wii Fit Trainer and Male Wii Fit Trainer talk, because that's different. >:I This is also what...a certain game, won't name it, said they wouldn't do with alternate costumes.

I only suggested the idea because I don't want a character spot being taken up by Dixie Kong and having an alt costume at least compromises a bit for fans I also can't really see Dixie playing drastically different then Diddy but thats just my opinion,

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

camerica1618

Is there anyone else that wants Lucina playable way more than Chrom? Even if she's just an alternate costume for Marth I really want her in the game.

camerica1618

Rezalack

camerica1618 wrote:

Is there anyone else that wants Lucina playable way more than Chrom? Even if she's just an alternate costume for Marth I really want her in the game.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if they put Lucina in instead of Chrom.. they really just don't seem that different from Marth anyway. If it were up to me I'd have Tharja put in.. I think a Mage character would be cool in SSB.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

SheldonRandoms

Alright, Duck has been confirmed for SSB4, along with Iwata, thanks for the leak Mr.Sakurai.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

LordJumpMad

shinpichu wrote:

Bad news everyone:
Untitled

Bin of Laughing
I wonder how many smash character we wanted are in there.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

XD Iwata confirmed King of the Trolls!

For anyone wondering, this image is, indeed, quite fake. I just checked Miiverse, and I didn't find it. Furthermore, the menu says "Rename, Delete, Nerf" which is lulzy in every definition. I would believe Iwata posted and then deleted this image, but Palutena has not been removed, if she was ever in the game, to begin with. Very funny, though.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Super_Gravy

I want Sakurai to be in the game! Make it happen Sakurai!

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

mamp

Why did Bayonetta have to be too sexy for smash lame. Also that sakurai pic I LOL for trolls.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Randomname19

Spuratis wrote:

That leak has got to be false. Especially because of that last sentence. I really don't think anyone working their donkeys off on this game would want to go and spoil everything. I imagine they like their fans to have some surprise.

Also.. is there seriously demand for Pac-Man? AND WHY? He's just so.. bland, even worse than a Mii as a playable character.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

The demand is for the current pacman not for the pacman of the 80's:

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

UGXwolf

Randomname19 wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

That leak has got to be false. Especially because of that last sentence. I really don't think anyone working their donkeys off on this game would want to go and spoil everything. I imagine they like their fans to have some surprise.

Also.. is there seriously demand for Pac-Man? AND WHY? He's just so.. bland, even worse than a Mii as a playable character.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

The demand is for the current pacman not for the pacman of the 80's:

IMO, that Pac-man looks worse than the Pac-man of the early 00's that I thought people were asking for. And still no better than a mash-up of Wario's standard B and the rest of Sonic's moveset. I suppose the transformation could make things interesting, but I just don't think he'd be better for that spot than Lloyd or Klonoa.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

Some of the stuff in that leak sounds entirely plausible, while some sounds like it's this person's best guess and nothing more. I'd have to go with what others are saying, though. Sakurai wouldn't be so easy to get info out of, especially after the Brawl cutscenes "scandal". I would think that he would try his very best to not tell anyone anything, and that includes random people with translators who show up at his door.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic