Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 27,917

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

Also, a special comment from Sakurai:

"Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults."

I grew up with the 64, but I didn't have Smash 64 back then, and melee was my first. I didn't even know Smash 64 existed until, I don't know when I figured it out. The first time I ever played Smash 64 was when I played Smash 64 online netplay with a friend, and I sucked because I had to use the keyboard. >_>

Edit: And to your previous message: Smash 64 gets pretty complex too, actually, and you missed a lot of stuff: Frame data, Directional Influence, Crouch Canceling (Melee exclusive), Dacus (Brawl exclusive), Teching (useless in Brawl unless someone stage spikes you), Tech chase, B-reversal (Brawl exclusive? Fun fact: You also see Link do this in the Smash 4 trailer. c: ), momentum canceling (Brawl exclusive), and I can't recall much else after that. :I

Smash Bros. will forever be my competitive game! <3

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

One would think the pic of this particular day would have a bit more oomph to it what with today being the 15th anniversary of the franchise and all.

I guess he's saving whatever possible big surprise for Brawl's anniversary at the end of the month. Now that I think about it, maybe this month's Direct will be Smash Bros. focused for such an occasion?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

WingedSnagret wrote:

One would think the pic of this particular day would have a bit more oomph to it what with today being the 15th anniversary of the franchise and all.

I guess he's saving whatever possible big surprise for Brawl's anniversary at the end of the month. Now that I think about it, maybe this month's Direct will be Smash Bros. focused for such an occasion?

I hope so, that would be cool. :I

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

RetroRider

I am hoping for a smash direct this month also, chances feel kind of low, but you never know.

RetroRider

luisesteban

If is not a release date announcement, hopefully a big character revealing.

luisesteban

Pootypie

luisesteban wrote:

If is not a release date announcement, hopefully a big character revealing.

or we can have two characters revealed?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

LzWinky

Or nothing will get revealed. Anything is possible

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pootypie

Unca_Lz wrote:

If you say that, that will happen. DON'T SAY THAT

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Dark-Luigi

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

If you say that, that will happen. DON'T SAY THAT

Remeber when Reggie was at the awards? It was a trainwreck. So, I wouldn't get my hopes to high for anything.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

LzWinky

Because fans have a tendency to overhype every thing Nintendo says (or doesn't say). I'm just saying don't get excited until after an announcement (if there is one)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

So... anything new?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Shirma_Akayaku

@DestinyMan
Where do you find large images of the "Pic of the Day" Sakurai posts? Miiverse? Smash Bros website?
EDIT: ...Ah never mind, it's the Smash Bros website...

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

shinpichu

In general, try not to post the smashbros.com image because it will change the next day. Use the Miiverse pics, or get the pictures from the Smashbros-miiverse site.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Snagrio

I'm really liking how the stages are more specific this time around. For example the Fire Emblem stage in Brawl was rather generic and not based on any particular place, but here it's not some random castle, it's Arena Ferox.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MegaStoneSmash91

Sounds like some serious changes to the edge grabbing. These actually all sound pretty good. Bring on the changes, Sakurai!

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Nintendaholic

no more edge hogging then... i guess its not a big deal but that was always a huge part of competitive play.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Budda

So I browsed through the SmashBoards.
In the Rumours and Leaks thread someone posted this pictures:
Untitled
Untitled
I hope the pictures are not too big.

So what do you guys think? Fake or real?
I would say it is fake.. Something is fishy about it.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

cookiex

The image is fake, I'm sure of it.

Though I'm sure Palutena will show up in the game in some form or another.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic