Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 27,917

OdnetninAges

@shinpichu

The story actually was explained in various trophies and on the dojo, but it still would have been better if they made it so you could understand without looking up the trophies/dojo.

And you wouldn't even know to check those, either.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

shinpichu

OdnetninAges wrote:

@shinpichu

The story actually was explained in various trophies and on the dojo, but it still would have been better if they made it so you could understand without looking up the trophies/dojo.

There were still plenty of things that weren't explained in the trophies. Mostly it's explanations for what the motivations for various characters are. Most of the heroes just sort of appear with no explanation and are like "okay, it's time for me to do heroism, lol!" For instance, what was Marth doing in that castle? And where the f*** did Ike come from? What was Snake doing on the Halberd? And what was that tournament at the beginning about?

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

zoroarkrules25

shinpichu wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

@shinpichu

There were still plenty of things that weren't explained in the trophies. Mostly it's explanations for what the motivations for various characters are. Most of the heroes just sort of appear with no explanation and are like "okay, it's time for me to do heroism, lol!" For instance, what was Marth doing in that castle? And where the f*** did Ike come from? What was Snake doing on the Halberd? And what was that tournament at the beginning about?

Tournament, was to be a free for all to decide the strongest, wario was a bounty hunter capturing heroes, Snake was probably assigned to stop the halberd. As for the others no clue lol.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

CapeSmash

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Wow, ever since that screenshot, there's been so much hate on The Subspace Emissary. It's one of my favorite parts of Brawl. The cutscenes are epic, which everyone seems to agree on, and I liked how it was basically a side-scrolling platformer with Smash Bros. controls. That felt good to me, and I played through it multiple times purely for fun. I even put stickers on every character and beat each level on Intense difficulty. I'd go back and play it now and then even after all this, simply because I enjoyed the formula. I'm sad to hear that so many people hated it.

Having a story/adventure/single-player mode that isn't like this doesn't bother me much. I'd be fine with the return of Melee's Adventure Mode, especially with some improvements it needs. Although I'd prefer the one we've been talking about with the Nintendo themed stages and enemies.

Also, I am confused about the number of people who think there won't be a single-player mode like this at all. I know Sakurai was a bit vague, but he said there was going to be one, and that it wouldn't be like Subspace. The supposed exclusion of this mode, however untrue it may be, is no reason to skip the game altogether. The main aspect is the fighting, the party friendly multiplayer, the randomness...... you know, the FUN! The story/adventure/single-player shouldn't be the sole reason you buy the game. I've often thought about the term "Smash Bros. fan", and it certainly doesn't involve missing out on a game in the series that's looking this promising for such a trivial matter.

Very few people hate Subspace. To be honest, I think Subspace is BEYOND overrated.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DefHalan

I didn't mind SSE but I only played it once

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

concerndoge

I'd like custom adventures/stories for each character, like most generic fighting games.

SSB 3DS: 2380-5008-7036

SheldonRandoms

The only way they can possibly make up for not having story mode is to include Goku with his buddy Narut..............yeah, like that's going to happen miiverse

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

MegaStoneSmash91

Silly Miiverse. The Smash community alone has enough trolls and ungrateful people to last a lifetime.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

LzWinky

SheldonRandoms wrote:

The only way they can possibly make up for not having story mode is to include Goku with his buddy Narut..............yeah, like that's going to happen miiverse

"Make up"? Really? REALLY?

I realize this is a quote, but seriously, the only people who say that are fools who think they're entitled to the point where they are "owed" everything.

2Sang wrote:

If Sakurai is cutting the story mode, he better make up with 15+ new characters who aren't clones. I honestly don't know if I'd buy the wii u version if there's no story mode.

And if he doesn't, you're not going to buy either version, right? I really don't like the phrase "better make it up"

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pootypie

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Silly Miiverse. The Smash community alone has enough trolls and ungrateful people to last a lifetime.

there's no way to avoid that on the internet

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

LzWinky

TheGreatGamer wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

there's no way to avoid that on the internet

Sure there is! Just don't use the internet!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Also, a special comment from Sakurai:

"Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults."

I played on N64 but I'm 15, seems weird

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

I've also been playing since the first game. Only 9 years old at the time, I sat on the floor of my living room playing pretty much every day. It was my favorite thing to do with friends and family. Once Melee came out, I didn't have a Gamecube and was restricted to playing it at my cousin's house. Then a couple years later I finally got a Gamecube and my own copy. I spent a lot of time on Melee, and even deleted my save data a few times so I could start over and do it all again. I even remember playing the demo at Wal Mart a lot! Eventually, Brawl was announced, and shortly after I found myself checking the Dojo! every day. I even ran into someone at school who was looking forward to it as much as I was. Six years later, and he is now my best friend. You might say we became friends because of Smash Bros.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

CapeSmash

WaveBoy wrote:

Recently played both Melee & Brawl again to see where my stance is between which one truly is the better competitive fighter....And just as i thought, melee takes the crown. I can't get over the gimped 'tank' sinking uncontrollable air dodging in Brawl....The depth in gameplay drops by a landslide imo because of it. No longer can you swfitly dodge over, under, above, whatever over your enemy like a Super anime ninja. to top it off, the floatier less quick controls are slightly jarring at first. especially if you're accustomed to somebody like Fox. And Brawl's Targets mode is an utter joke of jolly jelly bean proportions.

I loved it in Melee how Targets mode was tailored to your characters abilities, while in Brawl the layout is exactly the same for every character. L-A-Z-Y. Brawl disappointed me from the moment i fired it up during it's release, even it's overall character selection seems a little underwhelming and lacking....Solid snake is a misfit, throwing in Wolf over other BIGGER nintendo characters such as Little Mac, even Starfy or the possibility of Simon Belmont or pacman is pretty sad, not to mention Falco, Wolf & fox share the exact same special smash attack.

Sticker mode was a waste of time, time that could of been spent on adding in a couple more characters, and Sub Space was absolutely depressing...Arcade/adventure(whatever it was) in Melee was far more enjoyable. Brawl wasn't the sequel i was hoping for, and instead felt like a polished looking expansion pack sprinkled with a few downgrades. But that's expected visually speaking considering the Wii isn't that much powerful vs the Gamecube.

SSB U is going to feel like a TRUE successor. I just Hope they change things and do something radically different to make it stand out rather than just Next genin' & HD'n the visuals, throwing in my levels, characters and altering the modes. But even so, i think the the final character roster will be more exciting this time around and the power of the wii u and HD will truly freshin things up and make this game feel more alive.

Anyhoo....hopefully some of these characters will make it in....

Little Mac
Simon Belmont
Starfy (Scratch that, isn't he an assist trophy now?)
Pacman
Bill Rizer
Arthur (from Ghosts 'n Goblins)
Dixxie Kong (she Will make it in)
Baby Ridley! (just a gimmicky way of downscaling him to fit in with the game)
Wart
TOAD (I wish...)
Miyamoto - (Including Reggie & Iwata as special attacks).

I find Brawl to be an incredibly underrated game. I can see why people don't like it, and I will admit that Brawl's gameplay SUCKS compared to Melee. Despite Brawl being a horribly flawed game, I for some reason found it more enjoyable than Melee, which doesn't really make any sense, because I like Melee's gameplay FAR more than I do Brawl's. Also, Fox, Falco, andd Wolf DO have different smash attacks. But their specials are similar.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Recently played both Melee & Brawl again to see where my stance is between which one truly is the better competitive fighter....And just as i thought, melee takes the crown. I can't get over the gimped 'tank' sinking uncontrollable air dodging in Brawl....The depth in gameplay drops by a landslide imo because of it. No longer can you swfitly dodge over, under, above, whatever over your enemy like a Super anime ninja. to top it off, the floatier less quick controls are slightly jarring at first. especially if you're accustomed to somebody like Fox. And Brawl's Targets mode is an utter joke of jolly jelly bean proportions.

I loved it in Melee how Targets mode was tailored to your characters abilities, while in Brawl the layout is exactly the same for every character. L-A-Z-Y. Brawl disappointed me from the moment i fired it up during it's release, even it's overall character selection seems a little underwhelming and lacking....Solid snake is a misfit, throwing in Wolf over other BIGGER nintendo characters such as Little Mac, even Starfy or the possibility of Simon Belmont or pacman is pretty sad, not to mention Falco, Wolf & fox share the exact same special smash attack.

Sticker mode was a waste of time, time that could of been spent on adding in a couple more characters, and Sub Space was absolutely depressing...Arcade/adventure(whatever it was) in Melee was far more enjoyable. Brawl wasn't the sequel i was hoping for, and instead felt like a polished looking expansion pack sprinkled with a few downgrades. But that's expected visually speaking considering the Wii isn't that much powerful vs the Gamecube.

SSB U is going to feel like a TRUE successor. I just Hope they change things and do something radically different to make it stand out rather than just Next genin' & HD'n the visuals, throwing in my levels, characters and altering the modes. But even so, i think the the final character roster will be more exciting this time around and the power of the wii u and HD will truly freshin things up and make this game feel more alive.

Anyhoo....hopefully some of these characters will make it in....

Little Mac
Simon Belmont
Starfy (Scratch that, isn't he an assist trophy now?)
Pacman
Bill Rizer
Arthur (from Ghosts 'n Goblins)
Dixxie Kong (she Will make it in)
Baby Ridley! (just a gimmicky way of downscaling him to fit in with the game)
Wart
TOAD (I wish...)
Miyamoto - (Including Reggie & Iwata as special attacks).

I find Brawl to be an incredibly underrated game. I can see why people don't like it, and I will admit that Brawl's gameplay SUCKS compared to Melee. Despite Brawl being a horribly flawed game, I for some reason found it more enjoyable than Melee, which doesn't really make any sense, because I like Melee's gameplay FAR more than I do Brawl's. Also, Fox, Falco, andd Wolf DO have different smash attacks. But their specials are similar.

You realized Brawl got GOTY before right

Pootypie

Uncle_Franklin

I love the roster and breadth the stage choice of later versions, but for me the original still has the purest fighting action.

Uncle_Franklin

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

One thing I admire about the original is that it was simple fun. In the sequels, people would get so complex about the games. Tier system this, chain-grab that. But in the original, it was just about some of your favorite Nintendo characters getting together into crazy, random matches to see who was the best fighter. It was pure, simple fun. There was target smash and board the platforms (I miss the platforms), but the single-player and multi-player was the main focus of the game.

Oh, and 15 years ago today, something gone wrong in the happy-go-lucky world of Nintendo.

I can't stop watching it

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic