Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 27,917

MegaStoneSmash91

DestinyMan wrote:

@MegaStoneSmash91: True, Melee's Adventure Mode should have had more levels like the Mushroom Kingdom and Zelda's Underground Cavern. One thing the Adventure Mode in Melee has over The Subspace Emissary was the use of actual Nintendo enemies. Subspace Emissary missed out big-time by having the vast majority of its enemies be weird, original ones and only Bowser's Koopa army being familiar Nintendo enemies in it. Imagine in these new games we could run through levels based on all represented series while fighting the enemies exclusive to that series' world, such as Kremlings, Tikis, and Snowmads on Donkey Kong Island. Then at the end of the level, you would fight a famous boss from that game series in order to progress to the next level. These new modes would also be much longer than Melee's because of every represented series getting its own level. You talk about fanservice. Honestly, if the new Adventure Modes in Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U are like that, they would actually surpass Subspace Emissary.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking, and I mean exactly! I'd mentioned this to a friend of mine, but not on here or on Miiverse. Having side-scrolling stages based on multiple Nintendo franchises would be the ideal adventure mode. The Mushroom Kingdom and Underground Maze are my favorite parts of Melee's Adventure Mode because they actually did this. The Icicle Mountain stage got parts of this idea right (Topi and Polar Bears walking around), and I do enjoy that, but it's not quite as good. Bosses and fights with the appropriate characters would complete the package and would be nowhere near as tacked on as they felt in Melee. A way to connect all the areas by way of travel would be welcome, too. Showing how your character gets to and leaves each location would fuse everything together. If the new mode is like that, it would indeed top Subspace, especially if it was fairly long.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

whodatninja

System seller right here!!! This and Monolith's "X"! Cant wait for more Smash Bros!

And i really like SSE, i'm sad to see it go.

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

HankLangley

They should have a giygas assist

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

MrWalkieTalkie

Let's see how Miiverse feels!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
... oh....

Well it looks like a bland and repetitive Story Mode is the only thing that made Smash Bros worth it to most people on Miiverse. Your loss...

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

SheldonRandoms

The story was so important was because Sonic showed up out of nowhere, and was like "You're too slow"

I'm not buying this game anymore if they don't have a story mode, I hate this game now, I hate Super Smash Bros, I hate the Wii U, I hate Nintendo, I hate myself for buying Nintendo products all of these years, Also hate myself for wasting my time on Nintendo websites, telling people to rev up those fryers, I hate everybody, I hate this planet, I hate this galaxy, I hate this universe, I hate this etc.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

BandG

SSE was fun, but if anything i think it sorta messed up the smash bros formula. Mainly because you could unlock all but 3 character by just playing through it normally. I missed having to do difficult and time consuming things, and not really knowing how to get some characters. Also although the story mode will not be like the SSE, we don't know what it will be like. personally i think just about anything would be better, but if you did like the SSE it could be similar, but without non-in game cut scenes.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Nintendaholic

the sse was not good. extremely repetitive gameplay and the boss fights and cutscenes were the only things that made up for the slow and dry levels. sakurai said "To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary."..... LIKE, subspace emissary, there might be a story, or adventure mode still, that means we could get something much better. and who plays smash bros for its story mode, its made for multiplayer!

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Snagrio

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the cutscenes of SSE, but looking back now the actual gameplay was indeed pretty flawed,,,

If the new Story/Adventure mode does turn out to be the multiple Nintendo worlds theme that many including myself have already mentioned, then it'd be better then both Melee and Brawl's version combined.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Pootypie

wait... I'm confused, is there going to be story mode or not?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Snagrio

TheGreatGamer wrote:

There is, it just won't be like the Subspace Emissary.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Pootypie

WingedSnagret wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

There is, it just won't be like the Subspace Emissary.

oh ok, it looks like they got something up their sleeves.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

2Sang

If Sakurai is cutting the story mode, he better make up with 15+ new characters who aren't clones. I honestly don't know if I'd buy the wii u version if there's no story mode.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

CapeSmash

2Sang wrote:

If Sakurai is cutting the story mode, he better make up with 15+ new characters who aren't clones. I honestly don't know if I'd buy the wii u version if there's no story mode.

There is a story mode, it just won't be like the boring repetitive mess that is Subspace.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

There seems to be a lot of confusion. He should have worded it differently.

Pootypie

PloXyZeRO

I don't think Smash Bros. is really the right game for a story mode anyway....but maybe that's me. The cutscenes in SSE were very interesting, but it the gameplay felt a bit out of place.

I mean something like adventure mode in melee was alright, because it wasn't a full blown story..at all. I don't really care what SSB4 has in terms of a story mode because that shouldn't be the main focus of the game anyway!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

OdnetninAges

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I don't really care what SSB4 has in terms of a story mode because that shouldn't be the main focus of the game anyway!

Untitled

I liked the story Subspace Emissary had, but at it's core, Super Smash Bros. is a multi-player fighting/party game featuring your favorite Nintendo characters fighting on areas from various titles. That's what it always has always been, and that's what has made it so popular.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

mamp

Anyone else think that the stage looks a lot like rayman!!!

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

MegaStoneSmash91

Wow, ever since that screenshot, there's been so much hate on The Subspace Emissary. It's one of my favorite parts of Brawl. The cutscenes are epic, which everyone seems to agree on, and I liked how it was basically a side-scrolling platformer with Smash Bros. controls. That felt good to me, and I played through it multiple times purely for fun. I even put stickers on every character and beat each level on Intense difficulty. I'd go back and play it now and then even after all this, simply because I enjoyed the formula. I'm sad to hear that so many people hated it.

Having a story/adventure/single-player mode that isn't like this doesn't bother me much. I'd be fine with the return of Melee's Adventure Mode, especially with some improvements it needs. Although I'd prefer the one we've been talking about with the Nintendo themed stages and enemies.

Also, I am confused about the number of people who think there won't be a single-player mode like this at all. I know Sakurai was a bit vague, but he said there was going to be one, and that it wouldn't be like Subspace. The supposed exclusion of this mode, however untrue it may be, is no reason to skip the game altogether. The main aspect is the fighting, the party friendly multiplayer, the randomness...... you know, the FUN! The story/adventure/single-player shouldn't be the sole reason you buy the game. I've often thought about the term "Smash Bros. fan", and it certainly doesn't involve missing out on a game in the series that's looking this promising for such a trivial matter.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

shinpichu

My biggest issue with SSE was that almost nothing was explained. nothing about the world the characters appeared in, nothing about the motivations of the heroes or the villains, and nothing about most of the backstory of the OCs.

I'm not opposed to a proper story mode in a game like Smash. I'd really like to see a fleshed-out story, where we get to see an all-star cast actually talk and interact with each other. However, if SSE was the best sort of story that Sakurai can come up with for a game like Smash, then I'm glad it's gone so that he can focus on more fruitful efforts, such as expanding the roster, and polishing the gameplay and balance.

Edited on by shinpichu

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic