Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 27,917

LyIa

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Then don't come here if you don't want spoilers.

This is a forum. It's not a place for spoiling the game. It's a place for discussing it. learn2internet please.
Also, I punctuated that for you.

It's way too fun and tempting too look at everything they announce, though. Ah well. It'll still be great, spoilers or not.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

JoyBoy

I think it spoils the fun a bit, releasing all these screens every week. It's almost like you know the game inside out before even playing it.
But I guess in this time and age it's almost impossible not to see spoilers. Or Sakurai would just need to release 1 interesting pic now and then, which would be ideal I think.

But what's up with the "these screens are boring", "I bet there is a big surprise coming since last weeks pics were so terrible" What's wrong with you lol, it's just silly.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

shinpichu

AnActualDash wrote:

This is a forum. It's not a place for spoiling the game. It's a place for discussing it.

Unfortunately, there's always going to be a lot of overlap between those two.

Spanjard wrote:

I think it spoils the fun a bit, releasing all these screens every week. It's almost like you know the game inside out before even playing it.

No you don't. Even if Sakurai released full movesets for every character(which he honestly should), a full stagelist, and a list of every item, AT, and Pokeball Pokemon, that still wouldn't spoil the game because you haven't actually had the chance to play it yet.

Edited on by shinpichu

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

shinpichu

Wonder_Mask wrote:

@Shinpichu I disagree, it is spoiling, you know what you're getting into before you get the chance to play it yourself, if you feel any sense of surprise by doing something you already know of, that's rather bizarre. Basically though, enter at your own risk.

Again, seeing a game and playing a game are two completely different things. Smash Bros. is more that just the sum of its roster/content. Even if I knew every characters' moves before playing the game, I still don't know the properties of each move. What are each moves strengths and weaknesses? Do some moves have hidden tricks or features(i.e. Melee Mario's SJP Wall-jump)? These are things you can't find out by just looking at stills of the game.

And even if we did know all that stuff, that still wouldn't/shouldn't spoil the game, because the real point of Super Smash Bros. is playing together with friends(either locally or (hopefully) online). and that's an experience that still pictures and videos of the game can't recreate.

BandG

BandG wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Nintendaholic wrote:

Absolute garbage this week

Well that's rude. It's a pic of the day, not an announcement of the day.

Agreed. It's quite generous of Sakurai to give us screenshots every weekday at all. Not all of them are going to be revealing something new, or else these games would be totally revealed by the time they're released later this year.

Im not asking for something everyday, but this week only had 1 new announcement. And Sakurai has plenty to reveal, I look at it this way:
At least 20 more characters, with at least 6 of them being newcomers
At least 15 more assist trophies
At least 60 more stages from both games together
At least 30 more items
He could show some pokemon from pokeballs
He could show final smashes
A returning or new mode
and probably even more, there is definitely a lot of things to show. I know he will want to keep some things secret, but there is definitely enough to show a few things a week.

Even if this game was released in December, and it most likely will come out before that, if there were 2 of any of the things i listed shown per week, only about half of what i said would actually be shown.

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Bigtime

Im really happy with flow of announcements they have, two or three small bits of new info a month. I'm not putting too much pressure on the screen shot, after all its a screen shot of the day not announcement of the day so to get angry over them is silly. It was never going to be the Brawl Dojo. I don't think jot was ever intended to be. If it were up to me I'd want them to release the game as soon as possible before too much gets revealed. I made that mistake with Brawl, knowing who all the characters were going to be before just seeing them get revealed through the story mode. That excitement would have been far greater than reading a list on a screen.

There is nothing better than having WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING and a silhouette flash up on your screen and have no idea how it happened or who it is.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

camerica1618

If new info isn't released frequently there really wouldn't be much too discuss about. It would get really boring to discuss the same thing over and over. If you consider these simple pics of the day as spoilers, then a forum like this isn't the safest place to be.

camerica1618

shinpichu

camerica1618 wrote:

If new info isn't released frequently there really wouldn't be much too discuss about. It would get really boring to discuss the same thing over and over. If you consider these simple pics of the day as spoilers, then a forum like this isn't the safest place to be.

How would a constant stream of new information lead to "discussing the same thing over and over"?

Heck, right now we often end up discussing the same thing over and over. Every time Pyrosphere gets shown, we get a new round of "is Ridley a stage hazard" discussion.

LucinaSmash

How to save the Wii U: release a beta test of Super Smash Bros to all Wii U owners for free unlike cough EA cough

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

camerica1618

shinpichu wrote:

camerica1618 wrote:

How would a constant stream of new information lead to "discussing the same thing over and over"?

Heck, right now we often end up discussing the same thing over and over. Every time Pyrosphere gets shown, we get a new round of "is Ridley a stage hazard" discussion.

I don't think you understood what I was trying to say.

camerica1618

MegaStoneSmash91

@DestinyMan: Perhaps because of the Subspace Emissary's cutscenes being spoiled, Sakurai's going to try his best to show little to no details on the Adventure mode. Just a guess, but I'd say he'd want to prevent such things this time around, even with no cutscenes. Of course, if the games release in Japan first like Brawl did, there's no stopping people from posting things to Youtube again. In any case, not seeing the Adventure mode beforehand would just be one more sweet surprise for when you actually play it.

Speaking of the new Adventure mode, I certainly hope it's just as good as The Subspace Emissary. Bringing back Melee's Adventure Mode style seems to be the favored opinion. If that is the case, I certainly hope improvements are made. Melee's Adventure felt more like 2 or 3 good levels, and then a whole bunch of normal everyday battles for most of it. Honestly, not too much "adventuring" going on in comparison to SSE.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

JoyBoy

shinpichu wrote:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

@Shinpichu I disagree, it is spoiling, you know what you're getting into before you get the chance to play it yourself, if you feel any sense of surprise by doing something you already know of, that's rather bizarre. Basically though, enter at your own risk.

Again, seeing a game and playing a game are two completely different things.

Well obviously lol, but you have some weird ideas about what spoilers are. I never said it spoiled the game. Obviously I am overreacting when I say that I would know the game inside out. But I generally want to feel surprised when playing a game. Yes, I did enjoy video games better when I was young and knew less to nothing about the game.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

DreamyViridi

@DestinyMan - Yeah. I've imagined for a while now that it would be cool if Adventure Mode consisted of the player character going through several different Nintendo worlds to help out. Help Mario take on Bowser then go to Ylisse to join Chrom's army and defeat Risen, etc. etc. The interactions, and maybe the order of the stages, would change depending on who the player is.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Snagrio

Pit slashing through Bulborbs, Donkey Kong punching Pigmasks in the face, Pikachu using Thunderbolt on Waddle Dees...

The possibilities man!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Randomname19

Most of the original enemies in the Subspace Emissary act like Kirby enemies,Even Tabuu,he has the same attack as Marx

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

OdnetninAges

Yeah. At this point, I'm not sure if there will even be a "My Music" function. It might just be like Melee, where each stage has one track, and some have an alternate track.

Either way, this game is going to have a lot of cool remixes.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Shirma_Akayaku

@DestinyMan I seriously hope that the "My Music" option will return. After all, with so much going into this game (balancing characters and whatnot), it just has to be there. Otherwise I'll be very disappointed...

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

DefHalan

Sakura Samurai for Smash Bros? I think it could be cool

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nirvana

Anyone who wants to add me to fight in smash bros wii u when it's released please add me my nintendo network is John Turtles

Nirvana

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0842-8627

DefHalan

DestinyMan wrote:

Thinking of the Adventure Mode, Sakurai posted a 3DS screenshot of Mario in a strange forest from that Adventure Mode.
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/super_smash_bros_3ds_r...

I don't know why but I am getting a Cave Story 3D or Luigi's Mansion feel from that screenshot

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic