Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 27,917

Mickey

Wonder_Mask wrote:

@Dreamy Well considering she'll be taking up valuable roster space, yes, I am unhappy. I could ignore her if I knew that more unique and actually interesting characters other than a Peach lookalike would make it in.

I'm sorry, Mask, I know you're upset, but the Ice Climbers just aren't going to make the cut. Neither will Mr. Game & Watch or R.O.B.. If you cry yourself to sleep tonight, it's okay. We'll understand.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Jazzer94

WingedSnagret wrote:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

maybe we'll see Goku.

Unless you are trolling you've just lost all credibility with that comment.

To change the subject, I usually ignore when people whine and moan over this kind of stuff, but I want to speak up here. To all of you saying that Rosalina is a mediocre, uninteresting character, I ask you to read her story in the first Mario Galaxy. Out of all the characters in the main Mario franchise (as in not counting spin-offs), Rosalina has one of, if not the most deep, and dare I say tear-inducing backstory. Far more then Peach or Daisy. Not to mention she's got some serious power as demonstrated in Galaxy and here in Smash Bros. in which she also isn't a clone and has what looks to be quite a unique moveset.

Yes, I know she is another Mario character taking up space, but out of all the possible choices that could've been made for another roster addition from that franchise, Rosalina was the best IMO.

Couldn't agree more, up until galaxy I had never really cared remotely about a main Mario game plot but galaxies was just so touching and beautiful that I couldn't help but feel for Rosalina and her hardships.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jazzer94

@Wonder_Mask Her moveset like all the newcomers so far looked varied and unique to me but to each their own I guess.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Jazzer94

I really can't see how people are saying the 3DS version looks better than the Wii U version I mean........
Untitled
Untitled
its like night and day just my thoughts.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Jazzer94

8BitSamurai wrote:

@Jazzer94
People are saying the 3DS version looks better? It looks PS2-esque...

A lot of people on Miiverse I just assume most of them are 3DS owners.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

LzWinky

GamecubeMan wrote:

I hope Chrom's reveal trailer is this fancy. u__u

So...you want him to land on Rainbow Road in the middle of a race?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Arminillo

Anyone else see Rosalinas gameplay parallels to Orianna from LoL?

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

ThePirateCaptain

All this game needs now is Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and most importantly, Mr. Game & Watch.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Snagrio

OdnetninAges wrote:

DarkwingLz wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

That'd be interesting.

That would so awkwardly awesome. And hilarious.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

Wonder_Mask wrote:

@Dreamy Well considering she'll be taking up valuable roster space, yes, I am unhappy. I could ignore her if I knew that more unique and actually interesting characters other than a Peach lookalike would make it in.

"Valuable roster space". You know, other people have a different definition of valuable roster space, just because you didn't get your character does not make it a waste of roster space, and just because she looks similar to Peach means nothing bad if it is a completely new character, with a new moveset. (Which you already know she had a different moveset) Especially, to others, she's worth the roster space. You can dislike her, but don't say she's a waste of roster space.

No one should have the right to say a character is a waste of roster space when there is a fan base that would say otherwise.

When the next newcomer is revealed, even if it's your character that you wanted, there are always going to be other people saying the same thing as you because they don't feel the same way.

I even saw someone crying about how Rosalina was stupid and that Geno would be a better choice. Not saying Geno would be a better choice or not, but that just goes to show he got a character he didn't want. I don't think either of them should be a "better choice" than the other, though.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Budda

I love Rosalina & Luma!
I like the the more gimmicky character in Super Smash Bros. Like Snake is/was.
At first when I saw some character predictions on YouTube that mentioned Rosalina.. I was like.. Meh..
But her moveset looks pretty good and fresh.

Some are complaining that she is looking like a "Princess clone" again, and that we have already enough princesses.
I have to admit that was my first concern as well. But as long she plays not like Zelda or Peach.. I like her!
Looking forward to play as her!

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Arminillo

7 Mario reps. That's something.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

GamecubeMan

DarkwingLz wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

My idea was somewhere along the lines of Chrom randomly attacking one of the already revealed characters and saying one of his critical hit phrases while Divine Decree or ID Purpose is playing in the backround but that idea is good too. :3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Snagrio

GamecubeMan wrote:

DarkwingLz wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

My idea was somewhere along the lines of Chrom randomly attacking one of the already revealed characters and saying one of his critical hit phrases while Divine Decree or ID Purpose is playing in the backround but that idea is good too. :3

What would be really cool is if we see Marth fighting whoever and finishing him/her off. Then he senses something and swings his sword behind him. The screen focuses on two swords clashed together before zooming out, revealing Chrom staring at Marth. With a confused look, Chrom says, "You look familiar..."

Now that would be epic.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SomeBitTripFan

Eh. Good fighter concept, poor character choice. I have nothing against Rosalina, but it seems like Nintendo is trying to shoehorn her into everything they can now. Heck the current Rosalina doesn't even seem like the Rosalina from SMG. She's just turned into another 'Mario-yahooer' as I like to call it. Lets compare:

Original Rosalina
Untitled
Notice how solemn and reserved she is. Compare it to this:
Untitled
Does it not seem to contrast everything established by the previous games?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

2Sang

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

Eh. Good fighter concept, poor character choice. I have nothing against Rosalina, but it seems like Nintendo is trying to shoehorn her into everything they can now. Heck the current Rosalina doesn't even seem like the Rosalina from SMG. She's just turned into another 'Mario-yahooer' as I like to call it. Lets compare:

Original Rosalina
Untitled
Notice how solemn and reserved she is. Compare it to this:
Untitled
Does it not seem to contrast everything established by the previous games?

I'd rather have her in than Waluigi. Bowser jr. might make a decent fighter, but probably they needed a 5th mario character to match the 5th inevitable pokemon character that will be in the game, and she's okay. Plus at least she's unique and not a peach clone.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic