Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 27,917

mamp

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Did they forget about Yoshi?

He's been there since the first game he has to get revealed. 6 Mario characters though. Yikes!

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

WrappedInBlack

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Stop... This is better than Yoshi... think about it... would u rather have seen more veterans THAT WE KNEW WERE COMING BACK TO BEGIN WITH? or would u have seen a newcomer? Even though lots of people, me included, saw this coming...

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

Wheeler

I was hoping for Zelda/Sheik. u_u

Wheeler

Pootypie

WrappedInBlack wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Stop... This is better than Yoshi... think about it... would u rather have seen more veterans THAT WE KNEW WERE COMING BACK TO BEGIN WITH? or would u have seen a newcomer? Even though lots of people, me included, saw this coming...

You realized that they could have announced him at the very beginning right?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Orngeblu

Roslina looks pretty cool. c:

Aaaaand here comes the "oh no, bad character because I didn't get MY character sakuray, boohoo". I've already seen it, actually... >_>

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Shirma_Akayaku

Almost nobody "seriously" expected me to join the fight. Surprised now?
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Budda

Did anyone noticed that the Villager's balloons are blue instead of red now?
Or the audience in the background of the Boxing Ring Stage.. They look pretty strange! :3

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Shirma_Akayaku

cookiex wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

I've noticed something interesting in the trailer. In the scene where Rosalina is fighting Marth, he throws a Pokeball at her but she does a strange twirl and the Pokeball falls straight to the ground without activating. So it seems she'll have the ability to disable thrown items and probably projectiles. Interesting.

From the way I see it she does a gravitational pull that draws all nearby items to her, disabling any thrown item/projectile while doing so.

Quote from: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Rosalina_(SSB4)

"Using the Star Pointer to redirect projectiles around Rosalina. It also sucks in nearby items and has been seen to stop Poké Balls from opening after being thrown, so they can be picked up again."

As you can see here, the star pointer is being used.
Untitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

mamp

Am I the only one who thinks Rosalina's dress looks a lot shinier than usual? Also it seems to be a little on the green side.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Pootypie

Wonder_Mask wrote:

When I saw that... This... Was in smash bros, I facepalmed for a solid minute. Well now we at least know Sakurai doesn't actually have any standards relating to the roster, maybe we'll see Goku.

I'm trying so hard not to be annoyed with this, but I'm annoyed. They took a roster spot away from someone actually valuable. Well, at least I know who my new punching bag is.

They can make a roster of 1000 characters if they want you know...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Wheeler

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

When I saw that... This... Was in smash bros, I facepalmed for a solid minute. Well now we at least know Sakurai doesn't actually have any standards relating to the roster, maybe we'll see Goku.

I'm trying so hard not to be annoyed with this, but I'm annoyed. They took a roster spot away from someone actually valuable. Well, at least I know who my new punching bag is.

They can make a roster of 1000 characters if they want you know...

I should play M.U.G.E.N then.

Wheeler

Mickey

Wonder_Mask wrote:

now we at least know Sakurai doesn't actually have any standards relating to the roster

...You didn't know that already?

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Snagrio

Wonder_Mask wrote:

maybe we'll see Goku.

Unless you are trolling you've just lost all credibility with that comment.

To change the subject, I usually ignore when people whine and moan over this kind of stuff, but I want to speak up here. To all of you saying that Rosalina is a mediocre, uninteresting character, I ask you to read her story in the first Mario Galaxy. Out of all the characters in the main Mario franchise (as in not counting spin-offs), Rosalina has one of, if not the most deep, and dare I say tear-inducing backstory. Far more then Peach or Daisy. Not to mention she's got some serious power as demonstrated in Galaxy and here in Smash Bros. in which she also isn't a clone and has what looks to be quite a unique moveset.

Yes, I know she is another Mario character taking up space, but out of all the possible choices that could've been made for another roster addition from that franchise, Rosalina was the best IMO.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

ThePirateCaptain

@Wonder_Mask
What's with all the hate on Rosalina man? Even if you don't like the character, her moveset looks pretty unique and she should be fun to try out.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

DreamyViridi

@Wonder_Mask - So basically, you're just mad because someone you don't like made it in... am I right?
I'm getting slight déja vu from that... you'll get over it with time.

I said a while back that the Mario franchise should get a fifth rep, so the fact that we got exactly that makes me happy. I guess Rosalina's recent playable appearance in 3D World sealed the deal! I'm a bit iffy about how she'll work judging by the game footage but I'll be sure to give everyone a chance anyway.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

OdnetninAges

DestinyMan wrote:

@Wonder_Mask: The roster should be at least the size of Brawl's. I wasn't too hot on five Mario characters, but I love Rosalina and I would rather have her than Bowser Jr., or Toad. As long as she fights well, that's what counts. If people could warm up to Wii Fit Trainer, then surely people will accept Rosalina.

WingedSnagret wrote:

To all of you saying that Rosalina is a mediocre, uninteresting character, I ask you to read her story in the first Mario Galaxy. Out of all the characters in the main Mario franchise (as in not counting spin-offs), Rosalina has one of, if not the most deep, and dare I say tear-inducing backstory. Far more then Peach or Daisy. Not to mention she's got some serious power as demonstrated in Galaxy and here in Smash Bros. in which she also isn't a clone and has what looks to be quite a unique moveset.

Yes, I know she is another Mario character taking up space, but out of all the possible choices that could've been made for another roster addition from that franchise, Rosalina was the best IMO.

I'm shocked that people share the same viewpoint as me... On the internet.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

WebHead

Daisy is probably pretty mad that Sakurai chose Rosalina over her lol. Oh well, she'll probably be a peach costume again and she wouldn't have added much anyway.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

SCRAPPER392

Rosaline looks legit. It looks confusing right now, but people will get the hang of it. Commanding the Luma looks like it will be a challenge to make effective use out of.

I'm guessing you can tell the Luma to follow in any order and mirror your attacks like it did in the video. Very good addition, IMO.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic