Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 27,917

LzWinky

He's OP? I hardly noticed from all the missing that players were doing

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Has anyone gotten tired of hearing people calling Sonic 'OP' because of his Final Smash?

Scrubs are so cute. :')

Oh- Was about to go get the pic of the day since no one posted, but then I saw it was 3DS...

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

Think I'm going to play some Brawl online matches today.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Think I'm going to play some Brawl online matches today.

We should play. c:

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

@Orngeblu: Cool. I'll give you my FC later today. My internet doesn't want to connect to my Wii right now.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

@Orngeblu: Cool. I'll give you my FC later today. My internet doesn't want to connect to my Wii right now.

Alright, mines in my sig if you didn't notice. :I

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

@Orngeblu: FC: 4469 -2472-6865. Let me know when you want to have the match.

Wheeler

GottzGaming

People are saying that people from wonderful 101 and other third party games are going to be in the next smash bros. I have to disagree with that. All third party characters in previous smash bros games have all been announced before the game comes out. The most we will see is 2 or three third party characters in smash bros 4. One being Megaman.

GottzGaming

SomeBitTripFan

Wonder_Mask wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Nuuzen wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Has anyone gotten tried of hearing people calling Sonic 'OP' because of his Final Smash?

I thought (as much as I love Sonic) he was pretty low tier, last I checked.

He is low tier. I just can't believe people would say he's 'OP', just like people say Ike is also 'OP'.

Ike's smashes can KO many characters at 30% (in a standard environment), with a rather large reach. He's also quite fast for his weight class, and he's easily spammable, so it's easy to see why one would consider him OP.
On the topic of Sonic however, his final smash is just a final smash. Once you understand how to dodge it, it's quite simple to avoid. Also, his homing attack, one of the largest reasons why he is considered OP, is relatively easy to counter. Therefore, he's not really comparable to Ike.

Considering Ike is my main, I think I have the right to determine his OP-ness. It's true his attacks are strong, but I don't recall ever KOing and opponent at 30% without a strongly charged Neutral-B, which can easily be avoided. Ike moves decently fast, but his attacks have massive lag following their executions. Ike is very predictable, so anyone with a good understanding of his moveset should be able to dodge his attacks and the capialize on the ending lag of his attacks. Anyone claiming Ike is OP must not be familiar with Ike, doesn't dodge, or suffers from making predictable approaches themselves. Finally a battle between one of the best Sonic smashers and one of the best Ike smashers:

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

I can play now if you want. I hate to turn this into a match-making thread, hehe...

I'll host.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

Orngeblu wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

I can play now if you want. I hate to turn this into a match-making thread, hehe...

I'll host.

Its showtime.
Untitled
Okay, this is my last gif.

Wheeler

PanicPuppet

Oh, Captain Falcon why are you still not revealed yet?

Sakurai must have him locked up somewhere... with walls immune to Falcon Punches and Raptor boosts.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

LzWinky

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Its showtime.

Untitled

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

I'll host.

Its showtime.
Untitled

Good games...sorry I left early, I had to get off. (We can play again some other time if you want)

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

@Orngeblu: It's cool. I'm eating with my family right now. Anyway, you still won 2-1, but I'll beat you next time.

Wheeler

Nuuzen

I really should get back into Brawl in the meantime, too. I never really got much people to play against, but I'm really getting the Smash itch again.

Nuuzen

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8838-7829 | Nintendo Network ID: Nudull

Arminillo

I play with my trusty Wiimote set up, reserved only for the pros.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

scrubbyscum999

Well, I guess I should be posting this here.

With the new Melee documentary making waves around the Smash community, how are you feeling about what the next smash bros competitive community will be like. As someone who is getting competitive in Skullgirls, I feel for players who want a game to be competitive despite Nintendo being against the players. Melee was loved by casual and hardcore, why did Nintendo dumb down Brawl?

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic