Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 3,081 to 3,100 of 12,189

AuthorMessage

Scanning

3,081. Posted:

Marth is looking good...seems to be a slightly modified version of his Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū look. I dig it.

Woops.

AuthorMessage

cookiex

3,082. Posted:

Sweet, a character announcement on my birthday! :D

Now I want Chrom please.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

mamp

3,083. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

Sweet, a character announcement on my birthday! :D

Now I want Chrom please.

Happy Birthday! Hope you have fun.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

3,084. Posted:

mamp wrote:

IDK he keeps looking pretty girly to me at least the face area.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. That's just how he was designed. Overall he doesn't look as feminine as his Melee & Brawl days. His entire body is more based on previous FE titles. I first got a Shadow Dragon vibe but when you pay attention to his attire it's based on Mystery of the Emblem.

Edited on by Hunter-D

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

Twitter: GoonerFC10

AuthorMessage

TheGreatGamer

3,085. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
"Marth joins the battle!! Once again, everyone will be overwhelmed by his magnificent sword skills!!"
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Wow, finally a new character! I guess I lost the bet against @LeVideoGamer either way how does Marth not look like a girl?
They added Marth, now hopefully they added Ike. I know he was OP but they can weaken him a little.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegreatclasher
Facebook for Youtube Channel: https://www.facebook.com/thegreatclasher
Twitter for Youtube Channel: https://twitter.com/TheGreatClasher

3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

3,086. Posted:

Glad he's back, Marth looks amazing.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

TheGreatGamer

3,087. Posted:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Glad he's back, Marth looks amazing.

I was already guessing he would be back, I prefer Ike though

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegreatclasher
Facebook for Youtube Channel: https://www.facebook.com/thegreatclasher
Twitter for Youtube Channel: https://twitter.com/TheGreatClasher

3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

AuthorMessage

WrappedInBlack

3,088. Posted:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Wow, finally a new character! I guess I lost the bet against @LeVideoGamer either way how does Marth not look like a girl?
They added Marth, now hopefully they added Ike. I know he was OP but they can weaken him a little.

Don't know why u agreed to it, it was obvious a character would be shown within the time given... Don't even know why he said newcomer in cause they seem to be saving those for later.

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

AuthorMessage

WebHead

3,089. Posted:

Marth looks great. I think Chrom and/or Lucina will be his alternate skin(s). I think that would make everyone happy without taking space away from other potential fighters.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

3,090. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@ShadowFox254 You're missing the point. The point is: He wasn't able to fire punch people before he appeared in Smash Bros.

No. Just no. The point is; He already knew how to fight before Smash Bros. I'm not even talking about his Falcon Punch. Please read your comment next time.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,091. Posted:

mamp wrote:

Hunter-D wrote:

Looking good. He was a bit of a pansy in the past. More of a man now :p

IDK he keeps looking pretty girly to me at least the face area.

I actually agree with both statements. His new look (for Smash Bros. anyway) does look more quote unquote "manlier" then before, but still retains his practically trademark feminine body. One thing left to wonder is if Marth will finally speak English, but for traditional sake I doubt it.

On another note, look at the details on him! :o Just from the first screenshot alone you can see the fuzz on the cape's design, and light shining off his shoulder armor.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

3,092. Posted:

@TheGreatGamer: Ike was never overpowerd. He's a pretty balance fighter.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

3,093. Posted:

I was hoping for the new guy from awakening.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

LeVideoGamer

3,094. Posted:

Nice! My second main character after Captain Falcon. Wasn't expecting another veteran this early in the month, nor was I expecting Marth, but it's good news nonetheless. Hopefully Zelda or Captain Falcon are revealed next.

@TheGreatGamer :)

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

3,095. Posted:

Yay, marth is back! :3 I like the way he looks in this. I think I'll go straight to him when I first play the game, haha.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

3,096. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

"Marth joins the battle!! Once again, everyone will be overwhelmed by his magnificent sword skills!!"
Untitled

And he's still as fabulous as always!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

3,097. Posted:

Marth is one of the Smash veterans, He's practically guaranteed a slot. The other character from the FE series however is not. So far we've had Roy & Ike and most people expect to see Chrom this time around.
I think that he should, he's a great character in my opinion and it will help further promote the awesomeness that is Fire Emblem Awakening.

Now, I highly doubt that Lucina will be given a slot as the roster size will be near enough the same as SSBB (probably a few more at best) so having said that, three characters representing a single series is a no go unless you're talking about popular/well known/classic Nintendo franchises such as Mario, LoZ, Kirby etc.
Also considering Marth's redesign for the latest game pretty much rules out a Lucina alternate costume as the body sizes don't match at all.

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

Twitter: GoonerFC10

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

3,098. Posted:

@Hunter-D - Agreed. It's a given at this point that Sakurai is focusing more on revealing veterans from previous games; which is fine. Save the surprises for... well, a surprise. Chrom would make a great addition despite what anybody says. However, Marth's redesign isn't used in Smash 4 and that alone might still give Lucina a chance; I feel. I wouldn't rule her out just yet anyway. I think Fire Emblem is good enough now to have a third character slot at this point but I'm willing to accept that, in reality, the chance of her making it through is rather low.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Mickey

3,099. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Mickey wrote:

@ShadowFox254 You're missing the point. The point is: He wasn't able to fire punch people before he appeared in Smash Bros.

No. Just no. The point is; He already knew how to fight before Smash Bros. I'm not even talking about his Falcon Punch. Please read your comment next time.

Alright. You're getting too worked up about this. If you want to get specific, yes. He maybe knew how to fight, but Bounty hunters aren't known for their advanced knowledge of combat techniques. Maybe he could throw a punch, but his cup of tea is probably using a gun. Using a gun and knowing how to fight are two very different things. Take it from someone who takes Karate. Either way, being a trained bounty hunter with a gun didn't get him in Smash Brothers' roster, being a popular character from a popular franchise got him there. Now, since this whole thing is really bothering you, I'll clarify what I originally meant: Captain Falcon didn't have anything Nintendo could use so they gave him a Falcon Punch. They could do the same with another character so I suggest that people stop shooting down character ideas over their lack of a foreseeable moveset. I hope that's good enough for you.

TheGreatGamer wrote:

either way how does Marth not look like a girl?

There's a thread for that now.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Don't hang around fire expecting not to sweat.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

3,100. Posted:

@Mickey: I'm not even getting work up. But believe what you want believe, and I've also taking Karate when I was kid.