Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 27,917

SCRAPPER392

I always play with my bro against the CPUs at level 9. We always win, but it's still fun.

I main as Samus in a serious game, but I play with all the characters. The next characters I always play are Captain Falcon, Fox, Ganondorf, Ness, DK, Sonic, Link, and Yoshi. I'll basically play as anyone. I even play as Jigglypuff, sometimes.

I use to main as Mario, Link, or Luigi on Melee though.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Nuuzen

I usually main Toon Link, Sonic, Peach and Ike, myself. I used to main Bowser, Peach and Roy in Melee. I hope that Bowser's revamp in Smash 4 will make him more playable.

Nuuzen

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8838-7829 | Nintendo Network ID: Nudull

Orngeblu

Trainer_DJ wrote:

Well, I guess I should be posting this here.

With the new Melee documentary making waves around the Smash community, how are you feeling about what the next smash bros competitive community will be like. As someone who is getting competitive in Skullgirls, I feel for players who want a game to be competitive despite Nintendo being against the players. Melee was loved by casual and hardcore, why did Nintendo dumb down Brawl?

Yeah, the documentary is cool, I watched it. Getting to see where the Melee competitive community started. <3 I think the Smash 4 competitive community will do fine. May not be as big as Melee's scene, Brawl players will likely migrate.

Anyways:

Untitled

Wow that looks cool. So, for example, if I get hit by a Forward Smash, it'll give me this effect before I get KO'd? It looks to me like Toon Link is using his Jab. .-. (Neutral A attack while on the ground)

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Arminillo

What is the worst Smash character of all time? I put my vote down for R.O.B.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Snagrio

@Orngeblu I think it's the second phase of his one-two forward smash attack

@Suicune R.O.B. is actually decent. Pichu on the other hand is easily the worst. It's small, very lightweight, incredibly weak, and worst of all it damages itself every time it uses an electrical attack.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Orngeblu I think it's the second phase of his one-two forward smash attack

@Suicune R.O.B. is actually decent. Pichu on the other hand is easily the worst. It's small, very lightweight, incredibly weak, and worst of all it damages itself every time it uses an electrical attack.

That moment when I can't correct myself after ACTUALLY STUDYING the pic because someone else beat me to it. Gg Snagret, gg. >_>

I have no input on Pichu because I haven't played Melee in forever.

Edit: No one have an input on the Smash documentary? Warning though, it has some heavy language used at times.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Pootypie

Suicune wrote:

you just made me cry, ROB is the best character ever

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Nuuzen

Suicune wrote:

Pichu and Young Link are the worst, hands down.

Nuuzen

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8838-7829 | Nintendo Network ID: Nudull

scrubbyscum999

Orngeblu wrote:

That moment when I can't correct myself after ACTUALLY STUDYING the pic because someone else beat me to it. Gg Snagret, gg. >_>

Edit: No one have an input on the Smash documentary? Warning though, it has some heavy language used at times.

Yeah, no one wants to talk about the documentary? It's really good.

But yeah ROB is actually decent. Has one of the best Final Smashes in Brawl.

It would be nice to have official Nintendo sponsored Smash tournaments like they have for Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

blackavatar123 wrote:

People are saying that people from wonderful 101 and other third party games are going to be in the next smash bros. I have to disagree with that. All third party characters in previous smash bros games have all been announced before the game comes out. The most we will see is 2 or three third party characters in smash bros 4. One being Megaman.

Wonderful 101 is first party. It's as Nintendo as F-Zero GX.
@SBTF I used to main as Ike as well, but there was absolutely no challenge to the game anymore, I could take on 4 level 9's and get about 10 KO's without getting KO'd myself. While he does have a disadvantage against faster characters, a bit of good timing is all that is necessary to dominate matches. Also, B moves are special attacks, not strong (A). Smashes are strong, and charged directionally.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

SomeBitTripFan

@Wonder_Mask : That doesn't really take into account Ike's actual statistics, that just proves you are good with him. I can play my best game with Ike, who I have a deep understanding of, but do better with Marth, who I'm hardly used to at all. Working around a characters flaws is just proof to your skill, not proof of a character being overpowered.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Orngeblu

Trainer_DJ wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Yeah, no one wants to talk about the documentary? It's really good.

But yeah ROB is actually decent. Has one of the best Final Smashes in Brawl.

It would be nice to have official Nintendo sponsored Smash tournaments like they have for Pokemon.

Haha, just watched that whole documentary again today. Was great - almost half was the remastered...I didn't even know there was a remastered version until after the 6th episode. -_-

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Arminillo

But R.O.B shoots tops! They don't even do anything, unlike Diddy's Bananas.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

MegaStoneSmash91

@Suicune: R.O.B is a great character, at least I've always thought so. He represents an important part of Nintendo's history and is fun to play as. Also, his tops have a decent amount of power behind them, and can aquire KO's sometimes.

And about the competitive seen in Smash, I never really cared for it. People start talking about tiers, tech moves, chaingrabs, and the like, and all I can think about is simply enjoying the game for it's chaotic, unpredictable fun. It's probably the reason Brawl is my favorite. It took everything Melee did, aside from physics, competitive spirit, and such, and expanded and improved upon it. The music, the roster, the stages, and the excellent Subspace Emissary all make Brawl the winner to me. Of course, pretending that the competitive scene does not exist is just stupidity. I just don't embrace it because it isn't how I like to play.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

cookiex

Nuuzen wrote:

Suicune wrote:

Pichu and Young Link are the worst, hands down.

I agree. Just the fact that Pichu takes self-inflicting damage for every electrical attack he uses is a deal-breaker for me. He's useless in stamina mode.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Orngeblu

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@Suicune: R.O.B is a great character, at least I've always thought so. He represents an important part of Nintendo's history and is fun to play as. Also, his tops have a decent amount of power behind them, and can aquire KO's sometimes.

And about the competitive seen in Smash, I never really cared for it. People start talking about tiers, tech moves, chaingrabs, and the like, and all I can think about is simply enjoying the game for it's chaotic, unpredictable fun. It's probably the reason Brawl is my favorite. It took everything Melee did, aside from physics, competitive spirit, and such, and expanded and improved upon it. The music, the roster, the stages, and the excellent Subspace Emissary all make Brawl the winner to me. Of course, pretending that the competitive scene does not exist is just stupidity. I just don't embrace it because it isn't how I like to play.

Well, glad you're not one of those people who bash the competitive scene. I like that. #Respect.

<3 Smash Bros.

Snagrio

Okay, how to I get Project M 3.0? I heard you need an SD card and a copy of Brawl, both of which I have, but do I need to download it from a computer onto the SD card then somehow play it on the Brawl disk or something like that?

EDIT: I just remember it doesn't come out till December 9th, but it'd still be nice to know beforehand.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic