Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 28,771

DreamyViridi

Gold95 wrote:

Let's be for real, it's obvious that Rosalina is going to be a playable character. And I'm betting Mewtwo will too, with all the attention he's been getting recently.

No character is guaranteed, no newcomer at least. That kind of attitude will only lead to your own disappointment.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SheldonRandoms

DreamyViridi wrote:

Gold95 wrote:

Let's be for real, it's obvious that Rosalina is going to be a playable character. And I'm betting Mewtwo will too, with all the attention he's been getting recently.

No character is guaranteed, no newcomer at least. That kind of attitude will only lead to your own disappointment.

I had to learn that lesson the hard way
Untitled

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Ristar the Shooting Star!

Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

S...

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SCRAPPER392

I thought Little Mac was gonna be playable last time, but I'm not one to get all caught up in disappoinment if I'm wrong. If anything, I saw more characters as assist trophies that I thought could be characters(like Saki or Samarai Goroh), but that's after the fact that I saw them as assist trophies.

I just figure they'll add a reasonable amount of good characters and it all be better than the last game. I really do think Pac-Man or maybe Bomberman will make the cut though. Again, not counting on it, but I still think so.

Pac-Man would represent Namco, and Bomberman for Konami. Not to mention Namco is working on the game with Sora Co. and has put Pac-Man in Mario Kart arcade since they help develop the games. Konami had Snake in the game, so Bomberman would probably be more fitting this time around(replacing Snake as the Konami rep).

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Caryslan

SCAR392 wrote:

I thought Little Mac was gonna be playable last time, but I'm not one to get all caught up in disappoinment if I'm wrong. If anything, I saw more characters as assist trophies that I thought could be characters(like Saki or Samarai Goroh), but that's after the fact that I saw them as assist trophies.

I just figure they'll add a reasonable amount of good characters and it all be better than the last game. I really do think Pac-Man or maybe Bomberman will make the cut though. Again, not counting on it, but I still think so.

Pac-Man would represent Namco, and Bomberman for Konami. Not to mention Namco is working on the game with Sora Co. and has put Pac-Man in Mario Kart arcade since they help develop the games. Konami had Snake in the game, so Bomberman would probably be more fitting this time around(replacing Snake as the Konami rep).

I would rather have Simon Belmont be the Konami rep in Smash. Castlevania started on the NES, many of the major titles in the series were on NIntendo platforms, and the series has close ties to Nintendo. Bomberman is not a bad choice, but he's not really a solid Konami rep. He's a Hudson Soft character, and Konami only owns the ip once they took over Hudson Soft.

Plus, Simon Belmont could be a really intresting character gameplay wise. He could have the Vampire Killer as his standard attacks(like the Sword Users), have the various Sub Weapons as his specials, and have the Grand Cross as his Final Smash.

Bomberman is a fun series, but what attacks would he really have outside of planting bombs? You have the elemental bombs, but most of the other cool stuff from his series like the Roos, Dinosaurs, and stuff like that would be unlikely to make it in.

I say Simon Belmont is the best choice for a Konami rep. Castlevania really deserves a chance to shine in a Smash Game. For added fun, put Death in there as an Assist Trophy where he attacks someone directly while little scythes fill the screen:)

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

WaveBoy

SheldonRandoms wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Gold95 wrote:

Let's be for real, it's obvious that Rosalina is going to be a playable character. And I'm betting Mewtwo will too, with all the attention he's been getting recently.

No character is guaranteed, no newcomer at least. That kind of attitude will only lead to your own disappointment.

I had to learn that lesson the hard way
Untitled

Such a disappointing character model for such an awesome character.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

Arminillo

Simon Belmont or Bomberman, i'm gonna miss the good ol' Snake.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Snagrio

We all have our wishlists (some more reasonable then others), but the important thing is that no matter what we'll all have fun in the end.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

WaveBoy

I'm calling it, Dixie Kong will be the next new character that will be revealed. Not exactly an exciting addition to the roster, but it's a no brainer seeing as how she's starring in Tropical Freeze this time out.

WaveBoy

Snagrio

At this point I don't care what newcomer is revealed, I just want to see one! Sure seeing the veterans return in glorious HD is nice and all, but we haven't had a newcomer on board since E3.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

TheGreatLord

WingedSnagret wrote:

At this point I don't care what newcomer is revealed, I just want to see one! Sure seeing the veterans return in glorious HD is nice and all, but we haven't had a newcomer on board since E3.

how is Yoshi not announced yet?

TheGreatLord

3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Orngeblu

WrappedInBlack wrote:

Mikky wrote:

This is, by far, my most anticipated Wii U game. Since I missed out on Brawl, I'm really anxious for some Smash Bros.

T_T

Get Brawl... fight me...

fite mi 1v1 rite noe, i well rek u

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Ragingrave

^Everyone is looking for a fight. Meh, I don't mind. I can use a warm up.

Ragingrave

KingDunsparce

RogueStatus94 wrote:

So will we get a screen tonight?

Nope, only on weekdays (Monday-Friday)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
...

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Caryslan

DestinyMan wrote:

I have my fair share of Smash Bros. hopefuls as well, but I'm not going to be devastated if some or even none of them are chosen. As long as Wario, King Dedede, and Diddy Kong return, I'll be pleased, and all three of them are likely to come back.

Count me in as someone who thinks Pac-Man has a shot too. I would rather have him than Snake; not that he was a bad character, but he just didn't fit in in Brawl.

I could not agree more about Snake. He was not a bad character gameplay wise, but he just felt out of place in Brawl's roster. He just lacked that Nintendo, fantasy feel that the other characters had. It just felt strange having him in the game. Snake would have fit better in a game like Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.

That's why I'm glad Mega Man made it in. Like Sonic, he just belongs in Smash Bros. I hope they make alt Proto Man and Bass Skins:)

And I would love Pac-Man in this game! It would be so awesome to have a four-player match with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac Man!

Caryslan

Blast

I just really wish Sakurai would announce Wonder Red and/or Bayonetta for this game. That would be freaking epic and I would be happy.
If Nintendo actually bought out Platinum Games... I would cry tears of joy.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Caryslan

Has anyone seen today's pic? It shows off the Fire Emblem stage from the 3DS version, but it also shows off another character who has not been revealed yet. It does not look like Marth. If anything it looks Ike with his appearance from Radiant Dawn.

Could Ike be coming back in SSB4? It does not Look Like Marth, Roy, or even Krom.

What does everyone else think?

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

DreamyViridi

Caryslan wrote:

Has anyone seen today's pic? It shows off the Fire Emblem stage from the 3DS version, but it also shows off another character who has not been revealed yet. It does not look like Marth. If anything it looks Ike with his appearance from Radiant Dawn.

Could Ike be coming back in SSB4? It does not Look Like Marth, Roy, or even Krom.

What does everyone else think?

...I think, and I'm pretty sure, that's Marth with Wii Fit Trainer.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheGreatLord

Untitled
Here's the pic so you don't have to spend more time going to the website. It's 3DS though

TheGreatLord

3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic