Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Showing 3,101 to 3,120 of 22,085

AuthorMessage

mamp

3,101. Posted:

@WingedSnagret
LOL now that I look at it a second time it's his clothing that makes him look manlier but marth himself looks pretty feminine.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

3,102. Posted:

The one reason I could see Lucina being in the game instead of Chrom is because Chrom might be too similar to Marth in appearance. Rather than having two blue haired men with swords, one would be a girl, which would help differentiate them.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Dweeb

3,103. Posted:

It's funny, if they put in Chrom and/or Lucina plus Ike, then all the FE reps would have blue hair.

Is there to was though when even at like of than with it?

Games I'm playing: Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,104. Posted:

Just heard something very thought provoking from the latest GameXplain about Marth. Since he has been a secret unlockable character in the last two games, but this time around has been revealed rather early, does this mean he's unlocked from the start?

Also, taking Sakurai's statement about no cutscenes into account pertaining to the pointlessness of trying to keep things secret in the game, could the full roster be unlocked from the get-go? I doubt something that drastic would happen, but it is interesting to think about...

On an unrelated note, I figured out what it was that's been bugging me about Marth's new design. His ugly brown boots. I know they were brown from the old look, but I don't know, they just stick out too much... His full blue outfit from the last two games was great, and I'm fine with his new one, but those boots...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

3,105. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Also, taking Sakurai's statement about no cutscenes into account pertaining to the pointlessness of trying to keep things secret in the game, could the full roster be unlocked from the get-go? I doubt something that drastic would happen, but it is interesting to think about...

Yeah, I also doubt that the full roster will be available from the start. Regarding the cut-scenes, I remember Sakurai saying that they were planning another method of 'rewarding' players during the campaign experience instead of the subspace emissary clips. I think that's as far as he went.

We'll find out in due time.

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2725-1475 | Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: MohamedAliAFC

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

3,106. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

The one reason I could see Lucina being in the game instead of Chrom is because Chrom might be too similar to Marth in appearance. Rather than having two blue haired men with swords, one would be a girl, which would help differentiate them.

What. Lucina literally looks so similar to Marth's feminine visage that she could masquerade as him for a rather lengthy amount of time.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

3,107. Posted:

I love you Sakurai-san, but please, stay healthy!

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-director-doesnt-have-to-work-har...

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2725-1475 | Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: MohamedAliAFC

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

3,108. Posted:

Hunter-D wrote:

I love you Sakurai-san, but please, stay healthy!

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-director-doesnt-have-to-work-har...

Sakurai has always been a very hard worker, so no surprise there.

• While Sakurai does live within walking distance from the development office at Namco Bandai headquarters, he is apparently not required to come in to work every day.
  • "My office hours are up to me. So long as I complete the new Smash Bros., I could show up only once a week, or only at night, or even telecommute if I wanted to."
  • Apparently Sakurai still shows up for work at 10AM every day along with other members of the team

If he wants these games to release next year, he better take it seriously and not slack off, just as long as he doesn't lose his arm.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

3,109. Posted:

Yeah I was referring to his recent problems with RSI. Controlling two characters with both hands at the same time doesn't help too :p

Edited on by Hunter-D

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

3,110. Posted:

Untitled
Now that Marth is back, we just need to wait on Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, and Zero Suit Samus.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

3,111. Posted:

Don't forget good ol' Sandbag! ^^
I'm noticing the lack of Yoshi, which for many people will be/is a big red light. As a veteran and one of the eight original smashers, can't help but wonder, where is he? I'm sure he'll be in. It's kind of a given but still, something to note. Food for thought if you will.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

3,112. Posted:

@DreamyViridi: I don't know when Sakurai would finally show Yoshi. I think they're holding him off until next year when the new Yoshi games are more in the spotlight and they show off a cool and cute Yarn Yoshi stage, but it could be anytime. At any rate, as an original veteran Yoshi is going nowhere.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,113. Posted:

I refer to a previous point that everyone from the original Smash Bros. should/will be in the game. Yoshi was my main during basically the entirety of my time in Melee before I took a break about a year before Brawl's release (for lulz, my main is now Ice Climbers), so I'd be devastated if he was for some insane reason taken out.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

3,114. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Now that Marth is back, we just need to wait on Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, and Zero Suit Samus.

Eh, Game and Watch and Wario will be there, at the very least. I believe Metaknight will depend entirely on whether or not he is in the new 3ds Kirby, and I'm getting the feeling Samus is just in her suit this time around.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

3,115. Posted:

Marth looks pretty awesome in this game! :D

i personally hope Chrom joins too, but I'm glad to see Marth.

DreamyViridi wrote:

I'm noticing the lack of Yoshi, which for many people will be/is a big red light. As a veteran and one of the eight original smashers, can't help but wonder, where is he? I'm sure he'll be in. It's kind of a given but still, something to note. Food for thought if you will.

Yeah, I thought that too. It's surprising to me that he hasn't been revealed yet, but just about all the 'original 8' have. (Not counting secret characters.)

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, RAYMAN

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Greatest Work of Fiction ever made

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,116. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Yeah, I thought that too. It's surprising to me that he hasn't been revealed yet, but just about all the 'original 8' have. (Not counting secret characters.)

Actually, Yoshi is the ONLY one of the original 8 who hasn't been revealed yet. Heck, the other 7 have been known from the first trailer at E3. Very odd...

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

3,117. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Actually, Yoshi is the ONLY one of the original 8 who hasn't been revealed yet. Heck, the other 7 have been known from the first trailer at E3. Very odd...

That's what I'm saying. Why would they NOT reveal Yoshi yet? It doesn't make any sense to cut him, and it's not like he was a secret character like Ness, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff. (Luigi got a pass because it's the Year of Luigi, according to Sakurai. I'm not sure what the deal is with Marth though, as he was a secret character in both Melee and Brawl.)

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, RAYMAN

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Greatest Work of Fiction ever made

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,118. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

That's what I'm saying. Why would they NOT reveal Yoshi yet? It doesn't make any sense to cut him, and it's not like he was a secret character like Ness, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff. (Luigi got a pass because it's the Year of Luigi, according to Sakurai. I'm not sure what the deal is with Marth though, as he was a secret character in both Melee and Brawl.)

I would say, as @DestinyMan has mentioned, that he's being saved to be revealed for one of the upcoming Yoshi games (like Yarn or New Island), but considering how skewed the initially thought out character reveal schedule has gotten, i.e., one per month or so, I have no idea anymore. :p

AuthorMessage

WitchSugoi

3,119. Posted:

Marth is so puurty. Even Peach thinks so.

Current playlist: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call, Siesta Fiesta, Kirby: Triple Deluxe

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

3,120. Posted:

Untitled
"We gave Marth a full makeover, giving him design elements from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and newer games."

Miiverse