Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,021 to 24,040 of 27,917

IceClimbers

DarkmarkUnited wrote:

So, as you may know, in 1.0.6 there was code showing possible signs of Ryu and Roy in Smash bros. But, there was more code showing that there will be 7 DLC characters! Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu and 3 more characters! So, I think that there will be 1 character for the Smash Ballot (the character with the most votes) and 2 characters (Sora Ltd. and Nintendo's choice) or vice versa.

That code had 6 characters, not 7. There's two slots left from that. However, that in no way means we are getting only 2 more characters.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DreamyViridi

It's possible that those two remaining "Mario" spots are other non-ballot characters that are being kept secret but...
"From now until the end, it is going to be fan service"
...kinda goes against that thought.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

DreamyViridi wrote:

It's possible that those two remaining "Mario" spots are other non-ballot characters that are being kept secret but...

Hey, ya never know! They could've been reserved for Wolf and Snake (or Ice Climbers, but I kinda doubt that).

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

DreamyViridi wrote:

Not necessarily. Having those last two slots be for Wolf and, say, Snake, would technically still be fan service.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Joeynator3000

...goes back to corner TwT

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pootypie

I think at most is 5 and at least is 2. Wouldn't be surprised if two left due to only two "Mario" slots, hopefully he added more slots...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Oh yeah didn't he mention there are new modes in the making?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

Well, the "Mario" slots were added prior to Mewtwo so they could add more later down the road.
...And yeah, there's that talk about extra modes and the awaiting Tourney Mode.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

TheGreatLord wrote:

I think at most is 5 and at least is 2. Wouldn't be surprised if two left due to only two "Mario" slots, hopefully he added more slots...

For the time being, those are single lines of data in massive multi-Gig games. It wouldn't be difficult to add more slots. It's just a placeholder to easily slot in full character. I can't imagine it'd be tough to add more.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Rexcalibr

TeeJay wrote:

"I can't keep the team together forever, so please forgive me but we can only make a couple dozen or so more characters"

In all seriousness though, I'm going to take "several" to mean at least three. Any more than that and I will be pleasantly surprised. Remember, fighters take an age and a half to develop.

Not if they just keep rehashing old characters like Mewto, Lucas, Roy, Wolf, Ice Climbers, etc. I imagine Ryu did take a long time to develop though because he's one of the most unique characters in the game.

I could see the Inkling boy and girl being one of the future DLC and a pallete swap of the same slot but I have no connection to them so I wouldn't really be bothered to purchase them.

I'd like to see Chun-Li, Tails, and maybe Dixie Kong. Interesting how they admit they were working on Ryu, Lucas and Roy before the polls even finished. That pretty much confirms it's nothing more than hype marketing and the game developers already made up their minds.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

I would be totally fine if they just didn't release anymore DLC characters and instead patched the online mode so we can actually interact with each other, create lobbies, have a ranking system, etc.

The game has a meaty roster at this point.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

Rexcalibr wrote:

I would be totally fine if they just didn't release anymore DLC characters and instead patched the online mode so we can actually interact with each other, create lobbies, have a ranking system, etc.

The game has a meaty roster at this point.

That won't ever happen. Not because of the DLC bit, but because the online interaction as is is already being used pretty much exclusively for bullying other players (with the occasional "Good Game" running around.) People say they want more, but they always show they'll just abuse it every time.

Also, I get that you have no attachment to the characters being added as of late, but Smash 4 won't feel right to me until Wolf is back. Not because of the character, but because nobody plays even remotely like him, in the game. I'm still missing my old Main from the Brawl days and believe it or not, that does actually hurt the game a fair bit from where I'm standing. I'm sire quite a few people felt Brawl's roster was incomplete because Mewtwo and Roy weren't there. I know a lot of people missed Lucas. The fans have been pretty vocal, so if you can't be happy with the new characters for yourself, can't you just acknowledge that some people really wanted those characters. (I mean, heck, that was my reaction to Pac-Man. I didn't want him, but I was happy some people got their wish, and now he's one of my playables.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CrimsonBlade

I would also like a better online experience. I want there to be a custom matchmaking mode just like the one in Mario Kart 8. Also I want a connection bar while in matches, so you know what your getting into.

CrimsonBlade

Mikes

Hey guys! I've come across some funny stuff and whatnot while playing Smash, so I thought I'd just share those experiences.
<link removed>

Advertise in your signature please - Inkling

Edited on by Inkling

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

DefHalan

That is pretty crazy

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Iggly

The stuff Lythero can do in Smash is both crazy and awesome.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

veeflames

That is somewhat unfair... XD
EDIT: Well, not unfair much, though. Fox was bound to get knocked out sooner rather than later.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NintendoFan64

I...I'm not even entirely sure if I know what happened then.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

JunkosBoobies

I just played a few Anther's Ladder matches. Holy crud, the players on there are much more skilled than people on FG. Lot nicer too.

Thanks Reddit for telling me this place exists.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic