Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,001 to 24,020 of 27,917

Pootypie

YES!!! FINALLY DID CLASSIC ON 9 WITH NO LIFE LOST! Now I just got 4 challenges which are 700 trophies, headgears, CDs, and custom moves. Feels good lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

yokokazuo

TheGreatLord wrote:

YES!!! FINALLY DID CLASSIC ON 9 WITH NO LIFE LOST! Now I just got 4 challenges which are 700 trophies, headgears, CDs, and custom moves. Feels good lol

I recently got that one done as well. I just need 8 custom moves and then I'll be done them all.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

IceClimbers

With Splatoon passing 1 million sales, I think we can say that the Inklings are shoe-ins for Smash 5, and that's if they don't appear as Smash 4 DLC.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Pootypie

To be honest I don't see inklings making it into smash...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

ReallyFeelingIt

TheGreatLord wrote:

Well you're the biggest ball of sunshine in this thread aren't you?

ReallyFeelingIt

UGXwolf

@IceClimbers @TheGreatLord Before Ryu, I would've said there was no way they'd add Inklings in Smash 4 due to the difficulty they'd have with ink mechanics. Then Smash got Street Fighter inputs and I believe anything is possible i. Terms of character mechanics.

I'm still not sure they'll be Smash 4 fighters due to there likely being far more popular candidates, but I think Smash 5 is nearly guaranteed.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

Geez. The new Project M does so much Brawl couldn't, but to be fair, Brawl showed how Smash was a game meant for fun.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Pootypie

ReallyFeelingIt wrote:

TheGreatLord wrote:

What's wrong if I say that I don't see them making it into smash? Is it wrong to say that now?

Pootypie

UGXwolf

TheGreatLord wrote:

ReallyFeelingIt wrote:

TheGreatLord wrote:

What's wrong if I say that I don't see them making it into smash? Is it wrong to say that now?

Nah, it's less that and more how quickly you tried to shut it down. You didn't explain your position or anything. Even if it's just a gut feeling, that deserves acknowledgement. Otherwise, it looks like you think it's blatantly obvious that it's not possible and think everyone should know exactly why.

IceClimbers

"Since Sakurai can't keep the team together forever, there will only be several more characters"

Well, um... ok.

UGXwolf

IceClimbers wrote:

"Since Sakurai can't keep the team together forever, there will only be several more characters"

Well, um... ok.

"I can only give you guys an extra 20% added to the initial roster. I hope that's enough for you because I don't think I can get much more out of this team after that."

This is what I heard when I read that quote from Sakurai.

Pootypie

It's funny how he said there will be "only" several few more characters

Pootypie

DreamyViridi

TheGreatLord wrote:

It's funny how he said there will be "only" several few more characters

He knows how the fanbase asks for too much.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

I feel like he has a specific number in mind. Several typically refers to more than four. So let's go with six because... Six seems like a "several" right? Plus I like round numbers and ten is pretty round. So let's speculate!

It won't be hard to guess that I think Wolf is one of these (and with six, I really would hope so!) and I'm gonna say Ice Climbers is another, but that no one will replace them if they simply can't make it work. So who else could get in? Well, that's a really good question. Let's say two of those are Wolf and Ice Climbers. Who do you think the other four will be?

Personally, I wouldn't be shocked if it fell on Inklings, K. Rool, Banjo, and Isaac. At least two of these would be due to the ballot and from the sounds of it, they will pull and work on Ballot fighters more than once. I'm expecting another pack in November with Wolf, one Ballot fighter, and possibly Ice Climbers, if they can make it work.

(Obviously, even Sakurai doesn't know for sure who will be ready when. This is just my assumption.)

TeeJay

"I can't keep the team together forever, so please forgive me but we can only make a couple dozen or so more characters"

In all seriousness though, I'm going to take "several" to mean at least three. Any more than that and I will be pleasantly surprised. Remember, fighters take an age and a half to develop.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

I'm thinking Wolf, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Pichu and 2 newcomers (e.g. Isaac & Knuckles). Inklings won't make it in because I think certain things in the future will cause a major outrage against Splatoon and then people won't want them anymore.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@UGXwolf I'd replace Ice Climbers with Snake, but that's just me. Not exactly optimistic about them getting ICs to work (as ironic as that might be, given my username)

Anyways, 4 other characters? I'd say King K Rool, Isaac, Shantae, and either Rayman or Inkling.

Edited on by IceClimbers

Joeynator3000

Really hoping Lest/Frey will get in still. T.T
That series needs more love. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

IceClimbers

The Wolf support thread on Smashboards is somewhat panicking over this, worrying that Wolf won't get in because they assumed he is pre-ballot and therefore didn't vote for him. However, there's no reason to assume that we're done with pre-ballot characters. I think there's still a couple of them left.

IceClimbers

Anyways, best case scenario has Wolf and King K Rool getting in as pre-ballot fighters. Gotta let the others have a chance!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic