Posts 16,081 to 16,100 of 27,917

KO-Cub

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

So everyone is lucario

Lol Lucario had this in Brawl? I'm confused by this

No, from what I remember and gather, Lucario had (and still has, apparently) this effect but it increased his damage output. This new "Rage Effect" increases knockback.

Hm this effect would be very interesting... If it was to increase damage then that would be a lot different too.

Well they ain't lying. And. Yeah, Lucario would always do the same knock back. No matter his Aura Level. It just increased Dmg faster. Only two moves I know of actually change the Knock back when they hit. Aura Sphere obviously and the Down-Air attack since it's a double hit. With this + the Aura buff Sakurai mentioned. The "Rage Effect" seems to benefit Lucario and/ or Heavy weight fighters the most.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

vonboy89

Just had a funny little thing happen in the demo. Me (playing villager) and a CPU Villager both had high damage. I used the side standard smash (the Cannonball) at him, and he did the same at me at the same time. Each of our cannonballs hit the other, and we both KO'd each other at the same time. Made me burst out laughing when it happened.

Too bad the demo doesn't let you take pictures or save replays. I would have saved that one.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

IceClimbers

So with the rage effect in Smash 4, can you imagine if Sakurai brought back Pichu, gave it the appropriate buffs, but kept the damages-self mechanic? That'd be scary.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

I don't actually see how this changes gameplay all that much. It just means you have a slightly better chance of getting a KO at higher percentages. In very rare cases, it may be the differences between a KO and a recovery, but for the most part, you're not gonna want to risk your opponent getting the same advantage.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

Well, rage effect only changes knockback, not damage. It gives heavy-weight fighters like Bowser an advantage actually. The mechanic is a double-edged sword, as it can basically become a comeback mechanic (almost like in Mario Kart, though nowhere near that severe) if you are doing bad, but at the same time it can reward skilled players for staying alive.

Has anyone tested what happens with Mega Man's pellets when he is at 999%?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Nintendo6400

UGXwolf wrote:

I don't actually see how this changes gameplay all that much. It just means you have a slightly better chance of getting a KO at higher percentages. In very rare cases, it may be the differences between a KO and a recovery, but for the most part, you're not gonna want to risk your opponent getting the same advantage.

It actually does change game play quite a bit. I just got done playing the demo again and one thing the rage effect can do is disrupt certain combos. For example mega man is at 120% and he grabs link at 0%. Then mega man down throws link, but link Flys too high for mega man to follow up with a mega upper combo. So ya the rage effect does have its ups and downs.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Eel

I can see it being useful with Jigglypuff.

I always end up with a lot of %, maneuvering around to land a surprise rest or charge a rollout before I'm sent flying is usually not that hard.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CapeSmash

The game rewards you for sucking (debatable)? Oh boy, don't tell Mike Matei about this!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

I think it's pretty fair to be honest. It does reward players who are doing badly

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pootypie

WaLzgi wrote:

I think it's pretty fair to be honest. It does reward players who are doing badly

It does benefit people that certainly knows how to use bob-ombs.

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Eel

I don't think bomb ombs need any sort of boost. And I don't think they'll receive one from this either.

Who knows though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FriedSquid

But if the point of the game is to knock opponents off the stage, wouldn't players who have endured damage by staying on the stage and not getting knocked out technically be doing well?

The ones doing badly would be those who are unable to stay on the stage, thus constantly falling off the stage and losing points. They have less damage, but that's because they keep getting KO'ed and their damage keeps resetting.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CapeSmash

Yeah, this mechanic is probably for the better. But some people are going to blow it way out of proportion.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

It's called tactics, I can already see some people attempting to damage themselves to create bigger knockback. But of course, that's big risk for them too.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

TheGreatGamer wrote:

It's called tactics, I can already see some people attempting to damage themselves to create bigger knockback. But of course, that's big risk for them too.

I'm imagining a two-player Home Run contest where one player is Yoshi or Little Mac and the other is someone with great item usage and durability (like maybe Link?) Just have Yoshi or Mac beat up the Sandbag AND the other player, then watch it go when Link launches it!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

WaLzgi wrote:

With the new type of DI (can't remember the name) letting you live to high percent's this benifits both skilled and less skilled so I can't see it helping bad players much.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic