Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 1,301 to 1,320 of 19,194

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,301. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
Hardly anyone cares about winning anyway, otherwise everyone would play as MK(according to your logic).

Actually almost anybody who cares about tiers does play as metaknight 75% or more of the time, and they will win because he's so spammable. Same reason most people play as Ike.

Alot of things are spammable in any game, but that doesn't mean they can't be countered.

The only time a spam move is uncalled-for is when people can do moves like the Ice Climber repetitive grab.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Musterd

1,302. Posted:

Untitled
HOMESTAR RUNNER FOR SSB4
Seriously, though. His creators are big Nintendo fans, his games are all available on Wii, and the games on the website are even playable in the Wii browser.
What? I can dream, can't I?

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingDunsparce

1,303. Posted:

@Kewlan [ img ] putlinkhere.png [ /img ] without spaces

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dark-Luigi

1,304. Posted:

@Musterd Well he could be an assistant in battle come to think of it...

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,305. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

Y'know what would be cool? If Pit did a taunt thing with Palutena (and Viridi and Hades) that is similar to Snake's Codec Calls in Brawl.

I've been thinking of that idea ever since I first played Uprising. And it doesn't seem like too big of a stretch either seeing as they mention Smash Bros. on several occasions.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kewlan

1,306. Posted:

I think we all should take a brief moment to think about what's going on here...
Untitled

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

1,307. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
Hardly anyone cares about winning anyway, otherwise everyone would play as MK(according to your logic).

Actually almost anybody who cares about tiers does play as metaknight 75% or more of the time, and they will win because he's so spammable. Same reason most people play as Ike.

Alot of things are spammable in any game, but that doesn't mean they can't be countered.

The only time a spam move is uncalled-for is when people can do moves like the Ice Climber repetitive grab.

First of all, Happy_Mask is right here. Second of all, yeah Meta Knight can spam (so can any any other character), but that's not the reason he's good. Spamming with any character does not make said character stronger anyways, because you'll get punished for it.

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
I'm still going to have to disagree. I've fought quite a bit of people on Smash Bros., and I've seen literal luck happen right before my eyes.

You can't say the best MK player vs. the best Ganondorf player would result in MK winning. It's just giving up way too easily.
Hardly anyone cares about winning anyway, otherwise everyone would play as MK(according to your logic).
I K.O. MK pretty easily, even Jigglypuff.

It's balanced. It just depends on how you look at it. If you time Ganondorfs punches or meteor smash move, Metaknight wouldn't stand a chance, and that's fact.

That's subjective, actually. Not everyone goes Meta Knight, but if you go to a tournament (say apex, uuh...any "high level" tournament I guess I could say) you'll find a lot of higher tier characters. Whether Marth, Meta Knight, Snake, and...I can't recall anymore, but you get the idea. You'll find a lot of those at All is Brawl as well if you play the ladder. Also, actually that's your logic. I never said everyone goes MK (and you take it as if I think Meta Knight is impossible to beat), but it is true a lot of players choose higher tiers even if it's not Meta Knight, at least in competitive matches. It happens in friendlies too, even though it may be less. Friendlies can be competitive too though. I've had someone rage-knight on me once or twice. xP I personally don't mind Meta Knight though. Maybe Lag-Fi makes it easier, heh.

As for the Ganon vs Meta Knight, I'd like you to win apex with Ganondorf. But I know what you mean, the Ganon could win, but it would be extremely hard for the Ganon. But it is safe to say you will NEVER see a Ganon win Apex. (I'm talking about brawl here by the way)

Also, ice Climbers aren't that bad. You need to adapt and learn how to not get grabbed.

That logic about the Ganon's Meteor affect...lol. That can be applied to lower levels, lol but high level you'll almost never see the chance to do so. That requires thorough reads, and reads are hardly reliable. His punches are like a "gtfo" attack, but is very unsafe on shield.

Also, who's MK do you KO?

Just so you know, I don't go to tournaments, and I don't do the ladder. I did attend the ladder once though, for fun. I just play friendlies with other players.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

1,308. Posted:

supered91 wrote:

i wonder if tom nook will be in the game

As a playable character? Unlikely. As an assist trophy or a supporting role? Very possible.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,309. Posted:

@Orngeblu
I wasn't really saying everyone chooses Metaknight. I'm just saying, not everyone likes Metaknight to begin with. No one is going to learn a characters move set they don't like, just because it's "cheap".

I've seen spammers in video games. I just find it hard to believe that one character has the advantage when I've seen foresight type assaults in game.

I throw bombs up in the air, then grab a character and throw them at the bomb midair. Hell, I even threw 2 bombs in the air and threw a character that hit one of the bombs and flew into the other one.

I'm not sure how I would fair in a tournament, but I know for a fact every character has equal talents to make the game fair.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

1,310. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
I wasn't really saying everyone chooses Metaknight. I'm just saying, not everyone likes Metaknight to begin with. No one is going to learn a characters move set they don't like, just because it's "cheap".

I've seen spammers in video games. I just find it hard to believe that one character has the advantage when I've seen foresight type assaults in game.

I throw bombs up in the air, then grab a character and throw them at the bomb midair. Hell, I even threw 2 bombs in the air and threw a character that hit one of the bombs and flew into the other one.

I'm not sure how I would fair in a tournament, but I know for a fact every character has equal talents to make the game fair.

I never said Meta Knight is cheap, and I'm not implying you said I said that, but there are a lot of players who will play Meta Knight just to win. People even train pocket meta knight if they're losing or getting counter-picked. "Oh I see you're counter-picking this stage, allow me to go meta knight so you don't have the advantage over my other character" (Not exact words, but someone told me this one, and it's true)

You really need to play Brawl more to understand how some character have the advantage over others.

Not sure what you're getting at by saying you'll throw a bomb up, grab, and up throw the opponent into a bomb. A chance like that is rare as well, not to mention somewhat useless.

Read sentence two. Characters do have different talents, but equal in strength, no.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,311. Posted:

@Orngeblu
I've been playing Smash Bros. since you were 1 year old, so I think I know what I'm saying ;)
If I can chain link 2 bomb hits midair, it's show boating, but it still guarantees a KO.

Regardless, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say some characters have an advantage in SSBB.
You don't have to play more than 50 hours to know the fame is balanced. Just figure out a way to counter it.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Iota

1,312. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
I've been playing Smash Bros. since you were 1 year old, so I think I know what I'm saying ;)
If I can chain link 2 bomb hits midair, it's show boating, but it still guarantees a KO.

Regardless, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say some characters have an advantage in SSBB.
You don't have to play more than 50 hours to know the fame is balanced. Just figure out a way to counter it.

It is 10:3x at night and I have Skype beeping like crazy because of Blu raging. Before my OCD kills me any further I'm going to go through this a bit.

Scar, saying that your age correlates to your experience and skill in this game is plain ignorant. I'm 16 and I constantly defeat people who are 2-8 years older than me by a large margin. Another example is one of the best players in the world (Nairo) is also 16. Please listen to what Blu had been saying because he's a lot more experienced in the competitive scene than you.

Iota

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lukin

1,313. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
I've been playing Smash Bros. since you were 1 year old, so I think I know what I'm saying ;)
If I can chain link 2 bomb hits midair, it's show boating, but it still guarantees a KO.

Regardless, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say some characters have an advantage in SSBB.
You don't have to play more than 50 hours to know the fame is balanced. Just figure out a way to counter it.

You should me ashamed for being so ignorant on that old age...

Edited on by Lukin

Lukin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

1,314. Posted:

People's wishlists in a nutshell

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

1,315. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
I've been playing Smash Bros. since you were 1 year old, so I think I know what I'm saying ;)
If I can chain link 2 bomb hits midair, it's show boating, but it still guarantees a KO.

Regardless, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say some characters have an advantage in SSBB.
You don't have to play more than 50 hours to know the fame is balanced. Just figure out a way to counter it.

Alright, so I assume you read what those other two had to say...?

Oh my lord you are being so ignorant. Age and how long you've played the series (most likely casually) hardly makes a difference when it comes to competitive play. Saying Ganon vs Meta Knight is equal is scrub logic on your part, which I didn't want to say but I guess I have no choice now, and thus proves you have no competitive experience at all, and I am damn sure I can beat you at Brawl with ease.

You have no idea what I am talking back because you have little to no experience when it comes to competitive smash. Lets, again take Meta Knight vs Ganon. The match up is roughly -2 for ganon, Meta Knights favor. Ganon has almost no way of approaching Meta Knight because Meta Knight can keep him out like he's nothing, and Ganon can be gimped off stage so easily while Meta Knight can recover regardless of how far he goes out to gimp him which is practically a free KO right there. Ganon can easily be juggle by Meta Knight. Simply attacking in the air would be really risky for Ganon because if you miss you're gonna go right back into the Juggle. Further limiting him from recovering to the ground, gives Meta Knight as better chance at punishing him either way.

I've played Brawl since it came out, and got into the competitive scene since a few months after I got the game and I've improved since then and my view of Brawl has changed dramatically since then, not just when it comes to character balance.

I still don't know what you're getting at with the Bomb Uthrow KO thing. Are you saying you're a pro? It sounds to me like you're fighting level 1 CPU's, or a non-moving target. I'd loved to see you try to Dair spike me, and do that Bomb Uthrow on me.

"Just figure out a way to counter it"

You say that as if I implied "its impossible for Y to beat X because X has the advantage", which is not what I implied. It's possible for Y to beat X, but it will be a harder match for Y.

I would've posted earlier, but I had to Brawl someone. I even 3-stocked his Ganon with my Sheik. If you want to Brawl me, then my friend code is in my signature.

I hate to be rude by some of the stuff I said in this post, but what you've said is wrong and to say I have no idea what I'm talking about (is implied by saying you have know what you're saying as if I don't) is insulting. I hate to post it in this thread publicly as it may not be what anyone wants to see, but hopefully you get the point now.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,316. Posted:

So according to this article it seems like the games' title names are final, which if true kinda sucks...
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51077/features/7-ne...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

1,317. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

So according to this article it seems like the games' title names are final, which if true kinda sucks...
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51077/features/7-ne...

Old news, dude. :I But, I don't care if this game is named "Super Smash Bros.[insert something no one will like here]" it will still be great. So yeah, I'm not disappointed about the title, the title is useless.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,318. Posted:

Orngeblu wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

So according to this article it seems like the games' title names are final, which if true kinda sucks...
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51077/features/7-ne...

Old news, dude. :I But, I don't care if this game is named "Super Smash Bros.[insert something no one will like here]" it will still be great. So yeah, I'm not disappointed how the title, the title is useless.

That's about the only piece of Smash related news I didn't know about, just so you know. :p

And in my case if those are the final names what annoys me about the fact is that it'll be inconvenient to reference them. The previous titles are called "64", "Melee", and "Brawl", whereas here it'd be "Wii U" or "3DS" which just sounds weird.

The smallest of gripes to be sure, but a gripe nonetheless.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrimsonFire

1,319. Posted:

I think I'll be callin them

Smash U and Smash 3DS(or Smash 3D) in real life

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

1,320. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

That's about the only piece of Smash related news I didn't know about, just so you know. :p

And in my case if those are the final names what annoys me about the fact is that it'll be inconvenient to reference them. The previous titles are called "64", "Melee", and "Brawl", whereas here it'd be "Wii U" or "3DS" which just sounds weird.

The smallest of gripes to be sure, but a gripe nonetheless.

Lol, it wasn't named Super Smash Bros. 64, it was just Super Smash Bros. But, whatever. I don't mind the name. :I I just don't see what there is to [EDIT] be disappointed about it about when it comes to the name. Does it have to be some synonym for "fight"?

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu