Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 17,743

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,281. Posted:

@Happy_Mask - Hmm, fair points I guess. As silly/pointless as it may sound to you though, I'd like her to get in. I'm sure they'd find some way to differentiate her from Marth.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,282. Posted:

...Wow it was fake...I REALLY need to stop getting my hopes up for things.
Untitled

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,283. Posted:

That.. was not... funny...
Untitled

Edited on by DreamyViridi

My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,284. Posted:

@LuigiMan200: That gif is FUNNY, though. ROFL :D

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,285. Posted:

You guys get fooled too easily. You didn't learn from yesterday's King K. Rool episode.
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,286. Posted:

Okay okay I'm sorry. I was actually reading about Smash Bros. rumors on SmashWiki and the newest one involved that fake screenshot. I figured it looked more realistic then the average fake photo so I figured I'd see if anyone would fall for it. Won't do it again I promise. ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,287. Posted:

Dev wrote:

You guys get fooled too easily. You didn't learn from yesterday's King K. Rool episode.
Untitled

I guess that may be true about me... :P Though I knew the Lucina thing was fake.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,288. Posted:

Well, I'll admit the Lucina picture is more believable than the other picture. The Lucina model wasn't half bad.

My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,289. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Well, I'll admit the Lucina picture is more believable than the other picture. The Lucina model wasn't half bad.

To add an interesting fact, that Mario isn't even the SSB4 version. They (whoever made the fake) took Mario's Brawl model and tweaked it to appear like the new one. Looking closely at his face you can tell its the Brawl incarnation.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,290. Posted:

@WishedFish - Hmm, for a second I thought that was RatchetMario's (DeviantART artist) HD Brawl Mario Render; he made it to look like the SSB4 version. Looking closely though, I don't think it's his. Interesting.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

1,291. Posted:

I think we can confirm for ourselves that King K. Rool won't be in Smash Bros since he was owned by Rare, right?
-
Look at this:
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRCQDYokJVWcit
What do you guys think he is, a boss in adventure mode?

(Edit)
Also, how do I add pictures in posts?

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

K964

1,292. Posted:

If he's owned by Rare, then how did he get into Barrel Blast?

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all I'm hoping to be.

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

1,293. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Balancing is a must. If it doesn't happen... I'll just hate it. >_> Everyone will just flock to the highest tier.

I'm just gonna assume it's Mega Man, because his moveset looks high tier material. Camping with his lasers (don't know what else to call them), that Dair (Down Air) looks like it has a lot of range, so it easily has high priority to spike someone over the edge. Apparently his flame sword did like 40%+ damage in the demo video.

But, we'll just have to wait and see if they make more changes, or if there will be another character that's a lot stronger

No offense, but it's foolish to think any character is 'better' than another.
They balance out the characters as much as possible, and every character controls differently, anyway.
I'm gonna be honest, I think Jigglypuff is the worst character, but not because it's weak. I just can't do the roll thing that well, or the down B whatever move.
Even Metaknight. I hear complaints about that stuff all the time. He's fast, but he's not that strong.
In conclusion,(if you think MetaKnight is given an advantage) you're thinking speed is more dominant over intitial contact power.

I think every character in Brawl is pretty clusmy TBH. The characters I like most are Samus(I'm still good with Zero Suit), Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Ness.
I still see how the other characters are good, and I've even done good with Jigglypuff.

The only way I see this argument making sense, is if your favorite character is one of the smaller ones. Even then, there's always a way to counter. Again, the characters are balanced. They program it to be balanced, because that's one of the most important aspects of the entire game; every character having a chance.

Wait a minute...are you telling Brawl and Melee are balance, or are you telling me Smash 4 will be balanced. Smash 4 may very well be balanced, and I've been told it might be the last thing they do. But if you think Brawl is balanced, you're sadly mistaken. Also, Meta Knight can kill at say, roughly 120% with Down-smash which would be most equal, more of less of what the rest of the cast could do, so he's not weak KO-wise, which is what I think you're saying. But he does weigh less, but he's still only KO-able at above 100%, so his lessened weight hardly makes him worse. Yeah, it's possible to beat MK but it doesn't mean it's 100% balanced, 50/50 match. It's just much harder on the player with the disadvantage.

As for the Mega Man being top tier thing, if you look at his Down-air in the developer direct before Sakurai says it has a meteor affect, you see it has a long range so that's blatantly high spike priority there. No risks need to be taken when going off stage because it has a lot of range, you only have to position yourself on the X-axis to aim at the player recovering. I'm not saying they'll always get the spike, that depends on the player, but there is a higher chance of it happening.

But this could all change, and we'd also have to try it hands-on to understand the rest.

WingedFish wrote:

Yet I have to disagree to some extent. Say, you have the world's best Meta Knight user go against the world's best Ganondorf user. The Meta Knight user will win simply because Meta Knight has the better moveset. And this is a scenario where both players know every single little detail of their character to use them to their best advantage, but the result will, nine times out of ten, remain the same.

Exactly.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

1,294. Posted:

K964 wrote:

If he's owned by Rare, then how did he get into Barrel Blast?

From that points it seems like he's not. I thought he was (and the Kremlings) because Nintendo removed Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3 from the Wii Shop Channel.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

Prof3ssorMGW

1,295. Posted:

Lol @ the character balance thing, glad that was taken care of. Still can't say if Yellow Devil is a stage hazard or a boss, that'd be a pretty annoying hazard though.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,296. Posted:

In my opinion, the Yellow Devil looks a bit too big to be a hazard.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,297. Posted:

I'm sticking with my theory that Yellow Devil's a stage hazard.
@Big-Daddy - I don't think size is an issue. After all, one of Brawl's Metroid stages (forgot its name right now) as a huge lava wave as a stage hazard. The pictochat stage had a few 'big' hazards too.

My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,298. Posted:

@Orngeblu
I'm still going to have to disagree. I've fought quite a bit of people on Smash Bros., and I've seen literal luck happen right before my eyes.

You can't say the best MK player vs. the best Ganondorf player would result in MK winning. It's just giving up way too easily.
Hardly anyone cares about winning anyway, otherwise everyone would play as MK(according to your logic).
I K.O. MK pretty easily, even Jigglypuff.

It's balanced. It just depends on how you look at it. If you time Ganondorfs punches or meteor smash move, Metaknight wouldn't stand a chance, and that's fact.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

1,299. Posted:

Y'know what would be cool? If Pit did a taunt thing with Palutena (and Viridi and Hades) that is similar to Snake's Codec Calls in Brawl.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, HASHTAG

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

Can't wait to use Lucina and Pac-Man in the new SSB.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Pinnacle of Human Achievement

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,300. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
Hardly anyone cares about winning anyway, otherwise everyone would play as MK(according to your logic).

Actually almost anybody who cares about tiers does play as metaknight 75% or more of the time, and they will win because he's so spammable. Same reason most people play as Ike.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u