Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 27,917

Kewlan

zoroarkrules25
He probably just mean those on the picture.
-
I have to say something: I think that Pac-Man and Bomberman are really bad additions to smash bros... I mean, Pac-Man? What's he going to do? Punch, kick and eat balls? And Bomberman? Punch, kick and throw balls? No thank you. Have they even been in any games lately?
Anyway, even if they added I know I can just ignore them, but I'd rather have other characters than those two.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

FireMario887

Someone did post on Miiverse the character suggestion of BOWSER JR.!!!! It was one of the most popular posts on the Smash Bros Series community. I think I got move suggestions.
Melee:
Basic: Punch>Punch>Kick
Move forward: Belly flop
Move backward: Belly flop
Up: Cartwheel
Down: Pound
Midair: Midair cartwheel
Midair backward and forward: Midair punch
Special:
Basic: Bullet Bill launch
Forward and backward: Quick fire breath
Down: Summon 5 bombs as pick-ups
Up: Propeller up (You know that vehicle that is basically a cart with a face and a propeller at the bottom?)
Grab:
Basic: Headbutt
Forward: Fire breath push
Backward: Fire breath back-toss
Up: Throw up and land on spiked shell
Down: Lay a bomb on opponent
Final Smash:
Bullet Bill Tower: A tower of 10 Bullet Bill cannons rises from the grounds and shoots several Bullet Bills that home on the opponents.

I could not believe that I thought of it. The guy who drew that post on Miiverse is so right! I personally think that Bowser Jr is a great character choice.

FireMario887

Orngeblu

Emaan wrote:

That's really disappointing about the names to be honest.

"Hey wanna play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?"

Smash U (and no I don't mean it like "smash you") would sound better, but you could also say SSBU.

"Wanna play Smash U/SSBU?"

Nonetheless it won't matter. :I

Prof3ssorMGW wrote:

@SCAR392

First, let me start by saying that simply playing competitively in general is not the same as being apart of the competitive community. Second, that video you showed is by MikeHaze, a top Marth player. What was being talked about was the Meta Knight ban & how Meta Knight isn't as over-centralized as everyone thinks he is. Also, this video was from practically 2 years ago, the data is not the same right now.

All characters in this game are not equal. That's like saying a 4 foot person & a 7 foot person are automatically equal in a game of basketball, that their individual skill are the only factors that matter. Logically, the height of each player gives them a certain advantage or disadvantage over the other. It is the same way with Brawl, each character has characteristics that either put them in an advantage or disadvantaged state. What I'm saying is back up by constant results from competitive tournaments, you will always see more Meta Knight users than any other in the top placings. Results & facts back up MK being the best & also all characters not being equal. While individual skill matters most, realize there are characters that are better than others.

You said it much better, thank you.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

CM30

Varia01 wrote:

Someone did post on Miiverse the character suggestion of BOWSER JR.!!!! It was one of the most popular posts on the Smash Bros Series community. I think I got move suggestions.
Melee:
Basic: Punch>Punch>Kick
Move forward: Belly flop
Move backward: Belly flop
Up: Cartwheel
Down: Pound
Midair: Midair cartwheel
Midair backward and forward: Midair punch
Special:
Basic: Bullet Bill launch
Forward and backward: Quick fire breath
Down: Summon 5 bombs as pick-ups
Up: Propeller up (You know that vehicle that is basically a cart with a face and a propeller at the bottom?)
Grab:
Basic: Headbutt
Forward: Fire breath push
Backward: Fire breath back-toss
Up: Throw up and land on spiked shell
Down: Lay a bomb on opponent
Final Smash:
Bullet Bill Tower: A tower of 10 Bullet Bill cannons rises from the grounds and shoots several Bullet Bills that home on the opponents.

I could not believe that I thought of it. The guy who drew that post on Miiverse is so right! I personally think that Bowser Jr is a great character choice.

Bowser Jr's a perfectly decent character choice... but honestly not one I'd be massively thrilled to see. Just seems like a 'safe' choice, as in one everyone expects but no one would be particularly excited to see.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

FireMario887

@CM30: You're right. Mr. Sakurai did want unexpected characters to be revealed.

FireMario887

Orngeblu

OdnetninAges wrote:

That was perfect. Make it happen, Sakurai.

Ooh what if they had Mario brothers in there?

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

So sakurai seems to be hinting a new character announcement tomorrow. Here is today's daily pic

Untitled

He posted that with the caption newcomers join the fray.

I'm almost positive that he means the three in the snapshot (who are all newcomers). But if not, WILD SPECULATION MODE ACTIVATE!

Just wishful thinking, but maybe if there is a new announcement tomorrow (which again is highly unlikely), I'm putting my money on a FE character (Chrom, Lucina, the Avatar, ect.).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CowLaunch

As Bowser is being made faster and lighter, I think it would be odd if Boswer JR made an appearance.

CowLaunch

zoroarkrules25

@Kewlan and @luigiman200 @wingedfish: He did mean that but yesterday's pic was something new and today's showed all the newcommers together rather then the individual pics they posted. I think it is possible that we could get a new character. If so i'm betting bomberman sice the 4th of july is close and people shoot explosive fireworks just like bomberman shoots explosive bombs. If you think he would have a bad moveset then go play super smash flash 2.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Mickey

Does anyone else think the added shadows for The Villager's hair make it look like he's wearing a toupee?

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

e-love

Also regarding the title, I understand Sakurai's stance on going back to basics, I get that.

If they're simply titled "Super Smash Bros. 3D" and "Super Smash Bros. U" or "Super Smash Bros. 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. Wii U", then I'd be fine with it. I just think the "for 3DS" and "for Wii U" seems very informal and unofficial. Not to mention it looks strange. Forgive my OCD about this though

Why not just call it Super Smash Bros. 4? o:
It's the 4th entry. "4 fighters, one battlefield, one winner" Could be like a quote somewhere on the box. I don't know

Just me trying to think of something creative.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

zoroarkrules25

I'm still guessing a new character will be shown off tomorrow or this week. Nintendo gives hints in strange ways.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Kewlan

@OdnetninAges
Oh wow, ehm... no thanks.
-
@zoroarkrules25
I did play it, and I guess it would be ok.
I have a question though... why? Why do people want Bomberman so much?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Mickey

Kewlan wrote:

I have a question though... why? Why do people want Bomberman so much?

He's a moderately popular character that has appeared on Nintendo consoles multiple times. Of course people will want him.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Chrono_Cross

Big-Daddy wrote:

Remember guys, if the person you want on SSB4 isn't there, they MIGHT be as an assistant character. (Or not, depends on how you look at it )

I'm okay with Solid Snake being an assist trophy. The lack of Metal Gear disappoints, though.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic