Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 27,917

Iota

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
I've been playing Smash Bros. since you were 1 year old, so I think I know what I'm saying
If I can chain link 2 bomb hits midair, it's show boating, but it still guarantees a KO.

Regardless, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say some characters have an advantage in SSBB.
You don't have to play more than 50 hours to know the fame is balanced. Just figure out a way to counter it.

It is 10:3x at night and I have Skype beeping like crazy because of Blu raging. Before my OCD kills me any further I'm going to go through this a bit.

Scar, saying that your age correlates to your experience and skill in this game is plain ignorant. I'm 16 and I constantly defeat people who are 2-8 years older than me by a large margin. Another example is one of the best players in the world (Nairo) is also 16. Please listen to what Blu had been saying because he's a lot more experienced in the competitive scene than you.

Iota

Lukin

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
I've been playing Smash Bros. since you were 1 year old, so I think I know what I'm saying
If I can chain link 2 bomb hits midair, it's show boating, but it still guarantees a KO.

Regardless, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say some characters have an advantage in SSBB.
You don't have to play more than 50 hours to know the fame is balanced. Just figure out a way to counter it.

You should me ashamed for being so ignorant on that old age...

Edited on by Lukin

Lukin

Orngeblu

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu

Alright, so I assume you read what those other two had to say...?

Oh my lord you are being so ignorant. Age and how long you've played the series (most likely casually) hardly makes a difference when it comes to competitive play. Saying Ganon vs Meta Knight is equal is scrub logic on your part, which I didn't want to say but I guess I have no choice now, and thus proves you have no competitive experience at all, and I am damn sure I can beat you at Brawl with ease.

You have no idea what I am talking back because you have little to no experience when it comes to competitive smash. Lets, again take Meta Knight vs Ganon. The match up is roughly -2 for ganon, Meta Knights favor. Ganon has almost no way of approaching Meta Knight because Meta Knight can keep him out like he's nothing, and Ganon can be gimped off stage so easily while Meta Knight can recover regardless of how far he goes out to gimp him which is practically a free KO right there. Ganon can easily be juggle by Meta Knight. Simply attacking in the air would be really risky for Ganon because if you miss you're gonna go right back into the Juggle. Further limiting him from recovering to the ground, gives Meta Knight as better chance at punishing him either way.

I've played Brawl since it came out, and got into the competitive scene since a few months after I got the game and I've improved since then and my view of Brawl has changed dramatically since then, not just when it comes to character balance.

I still don't know what you're getting at with the Bomb Uthrow KO thing. Are you saying you're a pro? It sounds to me like you're fighting level 1 CPU's, or a non-moving target. I'd loved to see you try to Dair spike me, and do that Bomb Uthrow on me.

"Just figure out a way to counter it"

You say that as if I implied "its impossible for Y to beat X because X has the advantage", which is not what I implied. It's possible for Y to beat X, but it will be a harder match for Y.

I would've posted earlier, but I had to Brawl someone. I even 3-stocked his Ganon with my Sheik. If you want to Brawl me, then my friend code is in my signature.

I hate to be rude by some of the stuff I said in this post, but what you've said is wrong and to say I have no idea what I'm talking about (is implied by saying you have know what you're saying as if I don't) is insulting. I hate to post it in this thread publicly as it may not be what anyone wants to see, but hopefully you get the point now.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Orngeblu

WingedFish wrote:

So according to this article it seems like the games' title names are final, which if true kinda sucks...
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51077/features/7-ne...

Old news, dude. :I But, I don't care if this game is named "Super Smash Bros.[insert something no one will like here]" it will still be great. So yeah, I'm not disappointed about the title, the title is useless.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Snagrio

Orngeblu wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

So according to this article it seems like the games' title names are final, which if true kinda sucks...

Old news, dude. :I But, I don't care if this game is named "Super Smash Bros.[insert something no one will like here]" it will still be great. So yeah, I'm not disappointed how the title, the title is useless.

That's about the only piece of Smash related news I didn't know about, just so you know.

And in my case if those are the final names what annoys me about the fact is that it'll be inconvenient to reference them. The previous titles are called "64", "Melee", and "Brawl", whereas here it'd be "Wii U" or "3DS" which just sounds weird.

The smallest of gripes to be sure, but a gripe nonetheless.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

WingedFish wrote:

That's about the only piece of Smash related news I didn't know about, just so you know.

And in my case if those are the final names what annoys me about the fact is that it'll be inconvenient to reference them. The previous titles are called "64", "Melee", and "Brawl", whereas here it'd be "Wii U" or "3DS" which just sounds weird.

The smallest of gripes to be sure, but a gripe nonetheless.

Lol, it wasn't named Super Smash Bros. 64, it was just Super Smash Bros. But, whatever. I don't mind the name. :I I just don't see what there is to [EDIT] be disappointed about it about when it comes to the name. Does it have to be some synonym for "fight"?

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

SCRAPPER392

@Lukin @Orngblu
U mad bros?

EDIT: Actually, I did some research. Metaknight's good, but a good Smash Bros. player can still take him down. Like I said, there's always a way. Your guys' snarky remarks actually caught me off gaurd. It doesn't matter how good MetaKnight is, because if he was "invincible", he wouldn't be able to take damage.

I'm not saying whoever has trouble against Metaknight is a bad Smash Bros. player, that's why I brought the whole luck argument into the discussion. Learn, but don't assume or insult.

@Orngblu
That sounded like a challenge... It's pretty sad you have to assume I play casually just because I've never had problems with Metaknight first hand with human or CPU characters.
I did just tell you I've been playing the game since before you could walk. That should have implied I don't play it casually, but whatever.

@Lukin
Rude, but I don't care. Maybe you're ignorant, but again, don't care.

Maybe you guys should come up with better responses instead of resorting to insults.
I would gave better accepted a video or actual data. Until I see Metaknight superiority myself, I have no reason to believe anyone on the matter.

EDIT2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD11l3omQzM

Watch this.
This guy gave raw data based on actual tournaments. I'm willing to believe this, because he said exactly what I was telling you. Again, accept or deny, but calling me ignorant is the worst argument you could make.

Metaknight is not the kill all. Also, a Metaknight vs. Metaknight match equals "complain void" is brought up in the video.
One player will win. Step up, no excuses.

EDIT3: I organized my post so that you could see how I progressed in assuring myself I was right, and the insults were indeed uncalled for.

If you want to keep thinking Metaknight is the best character, with whoever else you may want to bring up as a "top tier" character, then go ahead.
I never even think such things until I see complaints like yours on the internet. The claims of Metaknight being the best overall are void.
/DONE

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Orngeblu

SCAR392 wrote:

@Lukin @Orngblu
U mad bros?

Just goes to show how ignorant you are.

EDIT: Actually, I did some research. Metaknight's good, but a good Smash Bros. player can still take him down. Like I said, there's always a way. Your guys' snarky remarks actually caught me off gaurd. It doesn't matter how good MetaKnight is, because if he was "invincible", he wouldn't be able to take damage.

I'm NOT saying Meta Knight is impossible to beat. Go re-read what I have said again and again and tell me where I said or implied he was invincible. I've even beat Meta Knight (actually good/decent ones) players with my Shiek so I would have no reason to think he's invincible. That, and I've beaten him with other characters against actually good/decent players. I am NOT saying Meta Knight is impossible to win against with any character other than Meta Knight.

I'm not saying whoever has trouble against Metaknight is a bad Smash Bros. player, that's why I brought the whole luck argument into the discussion. Learn, but don't assume or insult.

We never really got into detail with the "luck" argument, I don't know what you mean by it either, so if you could elaborate on that.

@Orngblu
That sounded like a challenge... It's pretty sad you have to assume I play casually just because I've never had problems with Metaknight first hand with human or CPU characters.
I did just tell you I've been playing the game since before you could walk. That should have implied I don't play it casually, but whatever.

And you're assuming [key word] that you're much older than me, which neither of us can confirm to each other over the internet. You don't even know my age, and I don't even know yours.

That depends on the player you are fighting who is the Meta Knight. For all I know you could be playing a god-awful Meta Knight player (not saying you are, but saying you don't have trouble with Meta Knight in general could mean a number of things), and don't bring CPU's into this because CPU's are too easy regardless of level.

Maybe you guys should come up with better responses instead of resorting to insults.
I would gave better accepted a video or actual data. Until I see Metaknight superiority myself, I have no reason to believe anyone on the matter.

Maybe you should read what I say correctly and stop taking it out of context.

EDIT2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD11l3omQzM

Watch this.
This guy gave raw data based on actual tournaments. I'm willing to believe this, because he said exactly what I was telling you. Again, accept or deny, but calling me ignorant is the worst argument you could make.

So, some of the things that stood out at me: Once again, I never said EVERYONE will use Meta Knight and I never said he was overused and I am NOT saying Meta Knight is invincible. I DO NOT find him to be invincible, I'm not afraid of any Meta Knight any more. I used to be, but I learned the match up. Also, he did prove my point that people have pocket Meta Knights. He even said so himself that stages play a huge role on character selection and that he uses Meta Knight for Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise (Which is supposed to be some, if not all of Meta Knights good stages) or any other tough stage for your character. Also, what he says about every fighting game having a best character, yeah that's true. In Smash 4, there isn't going to be perfect Balance. There will still be a best character, but let's take Ganon vs Meta Knight again, assuming it's balanced. That Ganondorf will have a significantly higher chance of winning against a good Meta Knight than he does in Brawl.

Let me just say it again to make things clear: I NEVER said MK is invincible, and I am NOT FOR MK being banned. I don't care if anyone plays Meta Knight against me either. If they win, it's my responsibility and I respect that.

Also, I've seen video's of this guy (MikeHaze) playing Izaw. He's definitely a high level player and definitely have more credibility than I have, but regardless he has problem most (if not all) of what I've said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-f8314pGC8

That's just one of the video's of him and Izaw playing. Dat Shiek. <3

Metaknight is not the kill all. Also, a Metaknight vs. Metaknight match equals "complain void" is brought up in the video.
One player will win. Step up, no excuses.

Read above.

EDIT3: I organized my post so that you could see how I progressed in assuring myself I was right, and the insults were indeed uncalled for.

If you want to keep thinking Metaknight is the best character, with whoever else you may want to bring up as a "top tier" character, then go ahead.
I never even think such things until I see complaints like yours on the internet. The claims of Metaknight being the best overall are void.
/DONE
Yes, you're right because you think I think Meta Knight, and all high tier characters are impossible to beat with any character other than those, which is not what I said or implied.

In the video he said Meta Knight is the "best character in the game", so yes he is top tier, but let me say it again so you get it: I do NOT think Meta Knight is invincible, and even if he is top tier does NOT mean he is invincible. Equal chance of (In brawl) Ganon beating Meta Knight, though? That is not true because it is a significantly worse match for Ganon, and it does depend entirely of who the players are. If you could ask MikeHaze that (which I think was the person in the video), you would get a similar response. There is a huge difference between low and high level play also. (Not saying you are a low level player this time)

There are also other high tier characters, not just Meta Knight. Marth, ZSS, Pika, Ice Climbers (Chain Grab), Snake, and yeah you get the idea. There's probably one for a few more but whatever. I am NOT saying that these characters are necessary to win, though. That is NOT what I am saying. Every character has a chance to win, such as Ganondorf (which is what you said), I know that. It depends 100% on the player using the "low tier" character

Read the bold.

If you do want to play me, the offer is still open. Just as friendlies, not to prove who's better and have bragging rights or anything.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Snagrio

Listen guys, instead of arguing about tier lists and such, especially since it involves a Wii game, why don't we focus on the game at hand before the comments get nasty? Just trying to keep the peace here is all.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

WingedFish wrote:

Listen guys, instead of arguing about tier lists and such, especially since it involves a Wii game, why don't we focus on the game at hand before the comments get nasty? Just trying to keep the peace here is all.

Not necessarily arguing about tier list, but about how Brawl is not 100% balanced even if the top tiers are beatable. Also, it's practically nasty already.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

KingDunsparce

Not sure if this was previously discussed, but do you guys think the songs from handheld games will stay on 3DS and console on Wii U or will they have a combined soundtrack? I'm personally hoping for a combined soundtrack, especially to hear the final battle song from Bowser's Inside Story on Wii U.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Happy_Mask

WingedFish wrote:

I was still hoping for super smash bros: quarrel, but I suppose there are only so many nouns one can use that mean fight.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

That's really disappointing about the names to be honest.

"Hey wanna play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?"

I don't know, I'd rather them have proper sub-titles.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

zoroarkrules25

So sakurai seems to be hinting a new character announcement tomorrow. Here is today's daily pic

Untitled

He posted that with the caption newcomers join the fray.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

DreamyViridi

@zoroarkrules25 - You sure he's not just talking about the picture?

I personally don't mind the title. If anything, I blame the fans slightly. If everyone didn't start guessing names like 'Rumble' or 'Universe', this Smash Bros. would've had a sub-title I feel. Not bothered at all. Besides, according to that ONM article, Sakurai intends for the game to be "going back to basics and will not use some fancypants, hyper-aggressive suffix for the title."

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Prof3ssorMGW

@SCAR392

First, let me start by saying that simply playing competitively in general is not the same as being apart of the competitive community. Second, that video you showed is by MikeHaze, a top Marth player. What was being talked about was the Meta Knight ban & how Meta Knight isn't as over-centralized as everyone thinks he is. Also, this video was from practically 2 years ago, the data is not the same right now.

All characters in this game are not equal. That's like saying a 4 foot person & a 7 foot person are automatically equal in a game of basketball, that their individual skill are the only factors that matter. Logically, the height of each player gives them a certain advantage or disadvantage over the other. It is the same way with Brawl, each character has characteristics that either put them in an advantage or disadvantaged state. What I'm saying is back up by constant results from competitive tournaments, you will always see more Meta Knight users than any other in the top placings. Results & facts back up MK being the best & also all characters not being equal. While individual skill matters most, realize there are characters that are better than others.

Edited on by Prof3ssorMGW

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic