Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,001 to 12,020 of 27,917

FlaygletheBagel

I'm going to keep my expectations as low as possible, that way anything more will be a pleasant surprise; I'm expecting 3 more vets and 1 more newcomer. I'm positive Sakurai will surprise and be secretive about as much as possible, so it's definitely realistic and reasonable to expect more than that. But heck, even if the roster stopped with the characters that have already been revealed, I'd still be satisfied. This will be a great game.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

TheKingOfTown

WaLzgi wrote:

I don't think ROB is in anymore

Why do you think that?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

SheldonRandoms

R.O.B HAS TOO MUCH (gyro)MIGHT TO GET CUT!!!!!!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

MsJubilee

ROB has to be cut cause smash can't have two robots it will cause the game to explode and freak out.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

2Sang

As I stated before, it's not really even up for debate at this point with most characters. Only Lucas and Wolf have a possibility of being cut, but even both of them are unlikely considering toon link and ike are both in. Polar bear is a Smash Run enemy, both the franklin badge and mr. saturn are returning, mr. g&w was in the trailer with pacman, and wario has a logo confirmed with Ashley (and Waluigi) as assist trophies.

Only characters likely to be cut are Ivsaur, squirtle, and Snake. Sakurai did say that he hasn't ruled out dlc, so there's always a small possibility of those characters coming back too.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Funny how everyone's list of characters that might be cut is completely different and for completely made up reasons.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MrWalkieTalkie

midnafanboy wrote:

ROB has to be cut cause smash can't have two robots it will cause the game to explode and freak out.

I swear I've heard ridiculous reasons like this before whenever I ask people why they're so sure that R.O.B. isn't coming back.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

MsJubilee

Well that comment was a joke, i actually don't think ROB will get cut. Cause for some reason he's sort iconic in his own way.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

MrWalkieTalkie

Yeah I know. But I'm just saying I've seen some downright dumb reasons like that before.

But for the most part, people tell me is the same "He doesn't have a reason to return" excuse.

And then I'm just thinking "What does that even mean? So EVERYONE in Smash has a "reason" to be there except for R.O.B.?"

NintendoFan64

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Yeah I know. But I'm just saying I've seen some downright dumb reasons like that before.

But for the most part, people tell me is the same "He doesn't have a reason to return" excuse.

And then I'm just thinking "What does that even mean? So EVERYONE in Smash has a "reason" to be there except for R.O.B.?"

If anything, he doesn't have a reason to be cut.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

Ganondorf isn't being revealed this week most likely.

"Ganondorf now basically stands upright. This is quite a big change, so we've waited a bit to inform everyone"

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SparkOfSpirit

Mewtwo's return should be good.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

C-Olimar

I agree with the general feeling that most Brawl vets are going to return.
And, while I think it's s little silly, I reckon we might still see Snake. I don't think it's likely or anything, but I feel like Sakurai might just pull him out as a surprise to everyone.
Tbh though, other than no Shulk (who's probably in it) and Chorus Kids, I'm pretty content with the roster how it is. Every character from now on is just frosting.
Aren't we way overdue a proper Nintendo Direct now though? I was certain it was going to be this week.

C-Olimar

Nintendo6400

If they're going to announce snake, it has to be before the release of the game. Mostly because they have to source Konami in saying that Nintendo was given permission to use there character. I believe that's law if I'm correct.
I'm talking about this if you don't know what I mean.

© 2014 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc.

You can find this at the bottom of the smash site.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MsJubilee

If snake did return i would be shocked and amazed.But for me i don't think so cause smash already has three third party characters, but if they add him then it will be four and that's too many. But with konami not releasing meta gear solid for the wiiu, it seems unlikely.But if they did then he would be in no problem in my opinion.

MrWalkieTalkie

A good amount of the characters everyone predicted would get cut have been confirmed to return (ie: Toon Link, Ike, Lucario)

So based on how things are going so far for veterans, it's led me to believe that Sakurai wants to make as little cuts as possible and just expand the roster rather than remove characters. Cause I'm sure he's very aware of the backlash that comes with cutting characters, and he probably want's to upset as little people as possible. I mean, we're STILL hearing the crying out of people upset over Mewtwo & Roy and the others left behind in Melee.

That's why I believe Squirtle & Ivysaur still have a chance, not a big chance but still a chance. I'm confident Sakurai had at least thought about them as much as Charizard when deciding on the roster years back.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

MsJubilee

@MrWalkieTalkie So you think snake still has a chance to be back in smash?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic